NEWS

[OOC] New Beginnings

• 1943 Replies

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1605 on: <10-05-13/2256:44> »
Approaching midmorning, about 0830.  Respectable shadowfolk are sleeping at this hour, unless they are on a job.

O'Connor is in no condition or position to follow through with any of those plans, busted up and practically naked as he is, even if he could track those guys down.

To O'Connor there is next to no difference between extra challenging and suicidal.  :) Besides there are a few people left on the team that aren't half dead that he could use as back up.
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1606 on: <10-05-13/2300:56> »
Good luck on Mr. Personality convincing anyone, he just ripped a new into the best friend he had on the team. :)

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1607 on: <10-05-13/2302:53> »
The team is in  desperate need of weapons, ammo, and armour. Desperation makes for strange bedfellows.

Characters

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1608 on: <10-06-13/0003:42> »
What's a hundo?
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1609 on: <10-06-13/0019:52> »
What's a hundo?
Slang for a hundred, usually in reference to money.

Characters

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1610 on: <10-06-13/0042:35> »
Thanks.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1611 on: <10-06-13/0708:35> »
Man, I have a feeling this is not going to end well for this team :(
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1612 on: <10-06-13/0822:34> »
I don't see any way around this. Initiative (11d6.hits(5)=2) So that's a 13 for Clem. She'll go for subduing on her first turn.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1613 on: <10-06-13/0848:36> »
Reaction 8 + Intuition 3 - CM 2 = Pool 9
9d6.hits(5) → [2,2,6,2,6,2,3,3,5] = (3)
Initiative 12

Characters

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1614 on: <10-06-13/0905:25> »
Since it's opposed, should we roll here and write in IC or just do the whole thing there?
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1615 on: <10-06-13/0925:05> »
So going for subduing Agi 7 + Close Combat 4 (11d6.hits(5)=1) man am I getting crappy rolls. Edge reroll: Edge reroll (10d6.hits(5)=5) now that's better. So 6 hits.

By the way, I just want to say sorry for this :(
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1616 on: <10-06-13/0936:38> »
HALT ALL ACTIVITY ON IC AND OOC THREADS

GM post in the works.

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1617 on: <10-06-13/1002:47> »
Okay before this gets to that point, the GM is going to insert a few points of 'reality' into the situation to allow both of your characters to consider what comes next.

1) Clem was wrong, her intentions are not in question, but in this situation she was taking advantage of two people, O'Connor and Darrell, and she got spanked for it.  She can start to make it right with one of them right now, by agreeing to his terms, in a general sense.

2) O'Connor is/was wrong AND stupid, he absolutely should not have betrayed Darrell's trust OR risked Clem's life in there alone and/or without some warning to security measures.  This method won't work to fix any of that so it is suicide, and there is nothing in his background that makes him suicidal, crazy yes, suicidal no.

3) Bookkeeping:  Since I OBVIOUSLY had no idea this was going to go down this way, I glossed over Clem's recovery because I figured she would have plenty of time to rest up, since that is not the case, the first roll that needs to be made is her waking up recovery which I will handle: 8d6.hits(5)=5 She has a -1 CM modifier to deal with from here on that doesn't impact the rolls she has already made (I checked).

4) There are 7 other people in this confined space that have actions and/or input to add to this situation, so it will not escalate further without hearing from them, either IC or OOC.  Clem and O'Connor can wait for that before acting further IC.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled Mexican Standoff.
« Last Edit: <10-06-13/1004:22> by Crossbow »

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1618 on: <10-06-13/1059:33> »
Sorry, we did get a bit ahead of ourselves.

Let me just explain the reasoning behind Clem's answers. First of all, she will never agree to pay anyone ¥100 for shooting her and leaving her in the dumpster. She would've bought the gun from him after she got paid though.

Having a gun shoved in her face though won't sit for long, especially with a clock on the trigger. Now I know she messed up at the gun store (and to be fair, I guess as a player I wanted to see how Necrogigas would deal with Clem coming out with an extra gun) and she does know it, but there are things she won't do, paying for the bullet that hit her being one of them. What I could see as a deal would be her buying the SPAS and some mods for it as a way of repaying the damage she did.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1619 on: <10-06-13/1213:23> »
Like I said before, I knew her intentions, but that doesn't change the fact that she was stealing it.  Also, it is quite reasonable for her to give something as a token of apology to Darrell, apart from any transaction, to make things good or at least neutral again with him.  That happens in organized crime rings all the time, even for imagined slights.  A hundred nuyen is getting off light in that regard.

For the record, and this is something that Clem will figure out when she has a chance to think it through, that shotgun was already bought and paid for by someone.  Darrell is a customizer, not an arms dealer, though he does a little of that too through a third party.  How will Clem know that without Darrell or O'Connor telling her you ask? 

She held the weapon, so she will realize eventually that it had a personalized grip.

I also fully understand about the gun, that was obviously a bad move, O'Connor will even know that.  Any promise he extracts from you in that position is just going to make Clem an enemy, or make him lose respect for her, or both.