NEWS

OOC: Urban Brawl

• 2168 Replies

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #930 on: <08-01-11/1715:49> »
Well mainly what i mean is which programs you've decided to have running on your drones and which programs you want to be loaded.  It takes a complex action to load a program, a simple to unload.  I you want to have the full suite loaded then the response if what I said it was.

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #931 on: <08-02-11/0246:54> »
Hm, I always assumed that unless the controller/rigger took over the drones (jump in or command) and did that stuff manually, the drone-soft decided that itself.
Right now, combat situation, so I'm guessing everything but Covert Ops on both drones.

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #932 on: <08-02-11/1207:01> »
OK, so Karina's Response is 3 now and her Pilot stays at 3.  Katya's Response is downgraded to 3 but that also caps her System/Pilot rating as well so no her Pilot is running at 3 as well. 

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #933 on: <08-02-11/1227:24> »
Got a lot to learn...
Anyway, kind of waiting for what the rest wants to do. I'm not sure staying's still an option. We're down one already and that was before triggering the intruder alarm. Blowing up one of the security turrets will mean they'll be coming at us with full violence, we're obviously armed and dangerous.

Well... armed, at least.

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« Reply #934 on: <08-02-11/1326:48> »
for now it's you an me xzy. things are getting shitty, but with your doberman's and my panther, we might be able to hold out. but we'd need to crash and burn everything in this place. no left over footage, as few witness as possible, I wanted to do this quietly, but if that's not in the cards anymore, we either hit them full force, pulling no punches, or we retreat with our tales between our legs. either way, we need to figure that out right now, because every second we wait, is more time for their security to get set and come at us. I'm game for either, so tell me what you're thinking brother.
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #935 on: <08-02-11/1531:57> »
Personally, I'd get the hell out of there. The hallway's a death trap, we're located & cornered (not counting the shaft we can hopefully still use to escape), probably outnumbered. They don't even need to come in but can just wait us out if they want, but if they want to engage a single grenade tossed through our open door means lights out for all of us. So sitting tight is no option.
That means charging into hallways with autofire turrets and an unknown number of security personnel. They possibly (probably) have magic support while ours is dead. To make it worse, we don't even know where to run to or what we'll find when we get there while the enemy will doubtlessly know our every move and is on familiar terrain.
Sure, hacking in might drop the turrets or even turn them and open some doors, but they know to expect it so the already strong security is now probably really freakin' strong. I doubt Wagner can take it.
Imo, the moment we lost Stryker it was "quiet or not" and quiet is now out of the window.

But that's just me, Wagner's probably crazy enough to continue if the rest of the team wants to, though the fact that he's showing hesitation for a second time means he isn't sure it's the best of ideas.

Metagame-wise, this probably still means we're screwed if we survive that. Survival will definitely mean blowing up everything and everyone on this floor if not the building. The past in-between-missions time has been pretty rough already and those runs didn't even go that bad. This one... wow.  Both options will be bad for our reputation but "quiting to minimize damage" seems preferable to "being responsible for the slaughter of the year while hired to steal some notes". I could be wrong.

Have to say that I think this is a decision we should make with all of us.
« Last Edit: <08-02-11/1545:04> by Xzylvador »

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« Reply #936 on: <08-02-11/1656:37> »
I'm with you. we don't need to get famous for excessive civilian deaths. less attention = better. As for an escape strategy,  you drop a data bomb in their system if you can to scramble what it can touch, (that's the best we're covering our tracks.) while you do that brick will make a mess of the cleaning agents in the closet to mess up an biological evidence, we should just go back the way we came in. fast rope down the elevator, have the drones cover our retreat, once we're at the entrance we came in from is, we hit the road asap. (metagaming) I'm not worried about magical covering since that thing showed up, it's astral signature probably made a mess of everything around it. we'll either just have to settle for not completing this mission, and we'll have to refund our Johnson the 2000 each he's paid us so far. we might get away with keeping stryker's 2,000 and split that among ourselves, plus selling his gear. it'll hopefully make up enough to handle lifestyle payments for the rest of us. anyway that's all I've got. thoughts? or are we waiting till Sichr gets back?
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #937 on: <08-06-11/1403:35> »
Back to black

1) Inca, amazing roplls, that character surprised me, Ive been calculationg about creating something new...well I love Zach so Ill try to survive this. IMO Ill continue with next IP in IC, since noone else except turrrets is acting...IDN if wagner continues his hard-wired adventures...

2) If I make it back to the room, I agree completely with leaving ASAP, well IDN if we can consider covering wagner`s hacking action long enought to get the job done...or planting wireless device to the maglock and connecting it with the node so wagner can continue wirelessly while running away.
We can set things up to look like that Stryker was the only intruder and he was KIA, leaving us some space to move arround.

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #938 on: <08-06-11/1716:46> »
I wouldn't count on the server we need to hack to even be attached to the nodes Wagner can reach from the maglock... Inca, if I'm wrong about this (I mean, if Wagner has reasons to suspect otherwise), tell us, but otherwise, to quote Monty Python: "Run away!".

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #939 on: <08-07-11/0503:07> »
Also:
Quote from: Inca, IC
You begin to flip, spin, weave and tumble (choose your favorite moves) and with your magical cat-like reflexes you can literally see  tracer rounds weave in between your arms and legs as you land a final butterfly side-flip which launches you into your sprint back to the utility room.

I think Zach already made it back.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #940 on: <08-07-11/0537:51> »
Also:
Quote from: Inca, IC
launches you into your sprint back to the utility room.

I think Zach already made it back.

I think Zach is just sprinting back...

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #941 on: <08-07-11/2005:19> »
After his dodge of the turrets he had 4m left to move that IP.  Next IP he can roll a sprint to try and add meters to the 8 meters he gets that IP.  He has about 13 meters to go though to the room.

@Zach:

The action you posted will have to come on your 3rd IP since on IP1 you used to move to the 2nd hallway and shoot, and then the for IP2 you used Full Defense, so all you could do was moving actions.  Since you're on Full D you can't really do much else other than dodge and run....but I'll let you do the Strength boost this time around. 

@Wagner:

Make sure to modify your post where you assumed that Zach had already reached the utility room.  Remember, characters move 8m per IP in a 3 IP combat turn.  With a simple action they can roll running and each hit adds a meter. 

The turrets will act again after you and shoot at Zach who's in the initial hallway. 
« Last Edit: <08-07-11/2102:05> by inca1980 »

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #942 on: <08-08-11/0248:49> »
OK. If needed, Ill use my 1st IP in next CT for full defense.
Otherwise, my full defense rolls were made in IC.

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #943 on: <08-08-11/0510:49> »
Apologies for the misunderstanding.
Editted post. Let me know if I'm wrong with the action.
If possible, taking the shot from an angle through the doorway so the doberman isn't in LOS of the other turret.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #944 on: <08-10-11/1348:14> »
@Sichr:

Ok, I read from one of your posts that the drain you suffered was 1S each, but I see that was before the resist test so I changed it and you're not wounded.

@Everyone:

Turret naming:
                        T7

T6

T1       T2          T3

T5

T4

I would rather treat the turrets as grunts, so I'll just have them all act on Init score 10.

Hell :) If you use my T1 roll I would have enought hits to bypass the attack. But it makes sense that drone shots at the T1.
So have one more dice for defense because there was no previous attack...so wish me luck...
Pray for defense... (1d6.hits(5)=0)
Im fucked.

Can I use Edge to reroll mises for the defense now? Im not sure how to handle this in PbP.

Otherwise, Ill use it for damage resistance roll:
Body(4)+Balistics(6)-1 (9d6.hitsopen(5,6)=4) - means 3 damage. I will apply after your decision about the defense reroll...understand me, Im not afraid of being hurt a bit, but leaving biological traces.

@Team: With KABOOM from Ex-ex we are truly compromised, so I won`t stay here for any longer ;)
« Last Edit: <08-10-11/1351:16> by Sichr »