NEWS

OOC: Urban Brawl

• 2168 Replies

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1905 on: <01-07-14/0810:54> »
I watch most playoff games live, even though I live in Hungary and they start pretty late (late night games start at 2:30 CET). In regular season, I watch one or two games a week. Thinking back, since 2001 – that’s when they started to air American football in Hungary – regular football (soccer) games don’t really pique my interest.

@Inca: unfortunately, I didn’t find anything in the rulebook on how stacking bonuses should work. I’ll go on with not stacking the two datajacks, then.
"Speech", Matrix, >>Text<<, Thoughts, Astral
Bulldog
Stake

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1906 on: <01-07-14/1202:04> »
@Thermo:
I live in Madison WI :)

Thermo

• Omae
« Reply #1907 on: <01-11-14/1124:07> »
Madison's a nice place. I had a bunch of high school friends who attended college there and I had a chance to visit a couple times. I moved from Milwaukee in 1997 but ended up moving back for about 5 years up until 2011 when I moved to Savannah, GA. We moved right as the political drama was hitting a fever pitch. Not the best time to try to sell a house in Wisconsin, unfortunately. :/

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1908 on: <01-14-14/0903:53> »
@Inca: the book says no defaulting on cybertechnology. Still, I think that there are some overlapping areas, like hardware and software skills in which Stake is at a professional level. Can I use those for diagnostics, or even partial success? Or will they allow me to default despite the book telling it isn’t allowed?
I will try and support those skills with a few matrix searches later on, covering these with the appropriate skill checks in IC, but I will go hot sim for that, and I don’t want to do that until the discussion is over.
Bulldog
Stake

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1909 on: <01-14-14/1140:40> »
In 5e you can substitute related skills with a dicepool penalty if the GM allows it.

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1910 on: <01-14-14/1213:37> »
Nice, i completely missed that sidebar in the skills section. Now that you mentioned it, though, i like how they put that little extra compared to 4e in there.
Bulldog
Stake

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1911 on: <01-15-14/0516:23> »
OK, here’s what I intend to do. I basically have to do three matrix searches:
Nr. 1: Lt. Goodman. If the orks can give me a grid, I’ll start by hacking into that, if not, hacking into the Emerald City local grid. I will collect all the data mentioning Goodman, and if the ork can give me a date, all military-related reports and news of that time (+/- 1 week).
Nr. 2: TL Security. I’ll start with the Emerald City grid, gathering news and reports about the company, especially anything where both the TLS and the TVH are mentioned.
Nr. 3: I’ll try to look up any manuals, descriptions for Dannyboy’s ware, concentrating on anything containing an AR plan, as well as the latest software patches.

Base time should be 15 minutes each as I will use browse and I won’t go deeper than threshold 3 info. Maybe later but I won’t have time for that now, I don’t want GOD on my neck. I will monitor my overwatch score continuously (running baby monitor program) and if it goes to 25 or above, I’ll reboot before starting the next search. Please tell me the modifiers for each (p. 241 lists possible modifiers but I don’ know which I have to apply here).
Bulldog
Stake

Thermo

• Omae
« Reply #1912 on: <01-20-14/1912:29> »
@Zach:

Well turning off TVHs electricity may lead to some unwanted colateral damages.
Says Zach directly to elf
And this is not the best place to say it is acceptable risk

Sorry, I should clarify, when I use the >>(message)<< format that means I'm sending it via AR text. So Storm didn't say it out loud that she's willing to attack the hospital's power grid.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #1913 on: <01-21-14/0317:14> »
@Zach:

Well turning off TVHs electricity may lead to some unwanted colateral damages.
Says Zach directly to elf
And this is not the best place to say it is acceptable risk

Sorry, I should clarify, when I use the >>(message)<< format that means I'm sending it via AR text. So Storm didn't say it out loud that she's willing to attack the hospital's power grid.

Good i was starting to wory :)

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1914 on: <02-04-14/1020:35> »
@Stake:
Sorry, I forgot that owner = 4 marks, so the host does have an owner and the 4 marks are that same stamp in the shape of a boot.

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1915 on: <02-06-14/0910:02> »
@Everyone:
So with the info I've given you guys so far there's more leads, you just have to piece it together.  That doesn't mean you can't simultaneously keep on with what you were planning to do.  Let me know if you have any questions.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1916 on: <02-06-14/1803:57> »
I am away from forums this days. Things would settle down in a week or so, so please be patient with me.

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1917 on: <02-07-14/0506:42> »
@Inca: is it possible to get a company’s owners’ data from publicly accessible databases like today’s corporate registers? Stake would surely try to do a background check on TLSS, to see if there was more connection between it and NeoNet than simple conjunction. He has two knowledge skills (Business, Law) that I think can help in this kind of situation, and he can support it with a Matrix Search test. What is your take on this?
Bulldog
Stake

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1918 on: <02-07-14/0950:51> »
@Stake:
Corporate Marks are quite well known, but individual persona's marks are not public info.  So if you wanna search the boot Mark, roll a matrix search Computer + Intuition [Data Processing] (4) with a time of 2 hours.  Net hits divide the time it takes. 

Roll Computer + Int [DP] (1) for TLSS background check.  Roll your knowledge skill too.
« Last Edit: <02-07-14/0956:28> by inca1980 »

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1919 on: <02-07-14/1116:52> »
@IC: lol :)