• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #1755 on: <08-26-13/1238:24> »
Only he can tell...

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1756 on: <08-26-13/1402:16> »
@Storm:
Yeah, we'll have to IC that dilemma.  Since you don't have any tech knowledge skills, nor any tech active skills, i'll just have you default on Logic.  So roll Logic - 1 and maybe I can help you out.

@Stake:
So for matrix rolls that I make, i'll post some of them, and then some other ones I won't post.  This is to keep a little uncertainty in your Overwatch Score.  You can check it with the Check Score action, but otherwise I won't tell you. 

@Zach:
Make a visual perception test to find openings to send drone out.  Also make an Agility + Gymnastics test.  Remember that Cat Mentor Spirit in 5e also gives you 2 free levels of the Adept Power: Light Body.  So that's basically +2 to jumping.  I'll let you take that +2 for the test to get up to the rafters under the roof. 
« Last Edit: <08-26-13/1417:34> by inca1980 »

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1757 on: <08-27-13/0633:49> »
@Inca:
Question about matrix traffic: what action can I use to locate where the RFID tag sends its messages? Is it Snoop or Trace Icon, or a different one? The tag must contain the data where it has to send its messages, but I couldn’t say with certainty which action I have to use to determine that.
"Speech", Matrix, >>Text<<, Thoughts, Astral
Bulldog
Stake

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1758 on: <08-27-13/0835:42> »
@Zach:
Make a visual perception test to find openings to send drone out.  Also make an Agility + Gymnastics test.  Remember that Cat Mentor Spirit in 5e also gives you 2 free levels of the Adept Power: Light Body.  So that's basically +2 to jumping.  I'll let you take that +2 for the test to get up to the rafters under the roof.

completely forgot that. Thanx for reminding me.

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1759 on: <08-27-13/1828:43> »
@Ren:
It'll be a snoop action.

Thermo

• Omae
« Reply #1760 on: <08-28-13/0836:32> »
FYI, just edited my last IC post, Storm is setting a trap

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1761 on: <09-04-13/0549:43> »
@Inca:
 First, I take one box of matrix damage because of the failed attack check.

Second, I was under the impression that tests can be retried (p. 49). I totally understand if you want to limit this opportunity in some cases but I think you should make it obvious or at least hint at this fact, otherwise I can only work with the basic assumption. In this case, I knew that 3 successes would probably be not enough to penetrate the folder’s protection but I didn’t spend Edge, because I thought I could try again and then spend Edge if things still don’t go as I expected. If I had known that there’s no opportunity to retry, I’d have spent Edge on my first roll.
Bulldog
Stake

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1762 on: <09-04-13/0612:26> »
Tbh with this as an example of matrix runs being fast and fluid an easily intertwined with "meat" actions, SR5 fails so far to deliver what was promissed

Thermo

• Omae
« Reply #1763 on: <09-04-13/0803:29> »
Lets give it a chance, we're not in combat yet so it's hard to really tell :/

It's a hell of a lot better than 3rd edition, that's for sure!

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1764 on: <09-04-13/0815:20> »
I don't really remember what SR5 promised to do about matrix. What i see is that it is not a child's play anymore to hack into a serious, high-security system. Additional sourcebooks might change the environment (however futile, i still hope there won't be a big batch of new rules), but i think it is more balanced and somewhat streamlined, compared to 4e rules.
Bulldog
Stake

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1765 on: <09-04-13/0854:52> »
Lets give it a chance, we're not in combat yet so it's hard to really tell :/

It's a hell of a lot better than 3rd edition, that's for sure!

Thats right. Honestly, it can help if gm keep track of elapsed time for this events, idn if things happen in a matter of minutes or combat turns now..

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1766 on: <09-04-13/1219:29> »
It's better than 4e and greatly cuts the amount of rolling.  Problem with matrix is that even a few rolls for matrix stuff can be boring for other non-matrix characters, especially if they don't know the matrix rules....even worse in PbP. 

@Ren:
You're right, I was going with the old "try again" rules, and now it's that GM discretion comes in to see when the penalty resets.  So i'll allow you to try again.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1767 on: <09-04-13/1232:01> »
It's better than 4e and greatly cuts the amount of rolling.  Problem with matrix is that even a few rolls for matrix stuff can be boring for other non-matrix characters, especially if they don't know the matrix rules....even worse in PbP. 

@Ren:
You're right, I was going with the old "try again" rules, and now it's that GM discretion comes in to see when the penalty resets.  So i'll allow you to try again.

Like I previousl said...keeping the timeframe of this actions would be much better for me. Till now, I go with the idea that every Rens posted action is one Action phase of Combat turn...in which case it is about 2-3 combat turns from the time of our arrival. But I may be completely wrong and thats what confuses me.
And dont get me wrong, I learn matrix rules and Im watching their use in praxis not just in this PbP game...

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1768 on: <09-04-13/1429:11> »
If it was just Stake doing actions it would be only a few CT's, but since everyone's been acting, just to keep everyone consistent, we'll say 5 min. have gone by since he started looking at the drone.  Every 15 min. his overwatch score goes up.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1769 on: <09-04-13/1655:30> »
OK Thanx. Any results for that Navigation check?