NEWS

OOC: Urban Brawl

• 2168 Replies

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1740 on: <08-23-13/0729:36> »
@Sichr, Thermo: can you give a physical description about your characters?
"Speech", Matrix, >>Text<<, Thoughts, Astral
Bulldog
Stake

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1741 on: <08-23-13/1705:35> »
@Ren:
Zach:  Tall sinewy man with permanent sarcastic grin on his face, his tusks made this apearance a bit...disturbing.... Nearly half of his face almost constantly hiden by goggles, leaving the rest unprotected. Skin on his face is far from smooth, covered by dozen of scars, burned both by sun and by frost it is a skin of an ork who spent at least 10 years cruising Siberia and Gobi desert on his chopper. He also has a respirator hanging freely on his neck...
He is dressed in camouflage suit, from his knees up his body is protected by heavy lined coat, scratched, but oiled and regularly cleaned. Big survival knife, almost machette, holstered on his left thigh and two weapon straps crosses on his chest, however weapons remain hidden under the coat.
His bike has a story of its own. Hardened piece of heavy metal that seems pretty unstopable, carying whole Zak`s life on a few luggage carriers. Big multi-purpose axe with much-handled handle is strapped to the chopper body. Paintings remotely resembles wild cat in a leap, but looking at it directly brings you only cofusion, seems like the surface is liquid. So don`t stare at my bike...

Storm: Tall Elf with Scandinavian features, including long blonde hair and flashing electric blue eyes.

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1742 on: <08-23-13/1736:21> »
@Storm:

Metagaming-wise, the period to check for addiction for Psych is 11- addiction rating 6 = 5 week periods.  If during that 5 week period at some point you take a week off, it knocks the addiction threshold down by 1.  Since the addiction threshold is 2, if you go 2 weeks or more in a row without using during that time period you don't have to make an addiction test.  Once you take that break though, if you take another hit before that 5 week period is done then the threshold goes back to normal.  So I guess if you really want to maximize your Psyche use and minimize the addiction potential, you could use for 3 weeks and then lay off it for 2 weeks, then go back for 3 , lay off for 2 etc. etc. and according to the rules you wouldn't have to make addiction tests.  Of course if I see you abusing this too much or you have an especially heavy binge with Psyche I could call for a sudden Addiction test.  Just like in the real world, the body responds in sometimes un-predictable ways to drugs and addiction can be very insidious. 

Also remember that every 4 weeks you have to get at least one fix otherwise you go into withdrawal and have to make a withdrawal test.  If you fail that you get a -2 to mental attribute linked tests until you get a fix or until the next withdrawal test.  To make all this book-keeping simpler, we'll just make your withdrawal check every 5 weeks as well. 

So in other words, you need at least one fix every 5 weeks or else you go into withdrawal.  5 weeks from today's game date you'll need to make another addiction test unless you've been clean for 2 or more weeks prior to the addiction test. 

@Everyone:
We'll set the current game date to be Jan 10th 2075.  That makes it quite a bit chilly but we'll say with the awakening and global warming it is bit warmer than modern Seattle temperatures which are on average between 37F - 47F (3C-8C).  So not much snow either.

Thermo

• Omae
« Reply #1743 on: <08-23-13/1754:52> »
I don't have a problem! I can quit any time I want!

Thermo

• Omae
« Reply #1744 on: <08-23-13/1809:50> »
@Ren:

Storm is a tall, extremely attractive elf. So attractive that you can't seem to take your eyes off her, despite her probably not being exactly your type. She's got a slight build and a hyperactive and distracted look about her, like someone who's been strung out on stimulants a bit too often. Her hair is blonde and pulled back into a long pony tail, and her eyes are a disconcerting electric blue. She looks like she'd be rather relaxed in different circumstances, but now she has the look of a hunter. She's wearing a black motorcycle suit with a helmet, the styling of which looks similar to an armored military jumpsuit. You can see that the helmet has a full faceplate that can snap down at a moments notice to fully seal against external chemical threats. Looks expensive. She's unarmed, but you notice that the glove on her left hand appears to be some kind of military-spec hardened densiplast material that has sensors of some kind studded all over the back.

At the moment, her eyes have the look of someone who's riding on a huge wave of adrenaline. You aren't sure if it's from magic or drugs. Probably both.

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1745 on: <08-24-13/0635:10> »
Thanks for the descriptions.

@Inca: Unfortunately, according to my lifestyle, I only have access to public grids. If you grant me the access to the Emerald City local grid despite this, I gratefully welcome the addition.
Bulldog
Stake

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1746 on: <08-24-13/1055:22> »
@Ren:

I didn't check your lifestyle, sorry.  You can access the Emerald City Grid by hopping illegally on to it, but you don't have a subscription.

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1747 on: <08-24-13/1101:37> »
@Ren:

I didn't check your lifestyle, sorry.  You can access the Emerald City Grid by hopping illegally on to it, but you don't have a subscription.
That will be the next step, if something doesnt change drastically.
Bulldog
Stake

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #1748 on: <08-24-13/1219:19> »
I thought I said Ive disabkled the drone using Hardware skill, but it is possible that in this rules swapping I forgot to do that :p

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1749 on: <08-26-13/0158:45> »
@Storm:

Remember that if the spirit wants to conceal someone in the physical realm it has to be materialized.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #1750 on: <08-26-13/0313:56> »
Just hope you don't consider it an extra service?

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1751 on: <08-26-13/0450:35> »
I have an average initiative of 25 in the matrix, so I posted about one round’s worth of actions at one time. Please tell me how you want to handle this in the future, and if I can go on with my actions now.
Also, if I spotted an icon in the matrix, I think I automatically know its type (whether it is a persona, a device, etc.), unless it is using a non-standard/illegal look.
Bulldog
Stake

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1752 on: <08-26-13/0719:11> »
I tried to look for a way how to encrypt communication but I couldn’t find any. In 4e it was simple, you just had to run an Encrypt program, and its rating was the rating of the Encryption for the communication as well. You also just had to run the program on one device that coordinated the whole communication.
In 5e, I only found how to protect files (Edit File action, p. 239), not wireless communication. I’d like to ask for a ruling on this: do we use the same method for protecting communication as for files, or another method, or can communication not be encrypted?
Bulldog
Stake

Thermo

• Omae
« Reply #1753 on: <08-26-13/1137:34> »
@Inca: ok, I will change this in the IC thread

Thermo

• Omae
« Reply #1754 on: <08-26-13/1146:14> »
Question for everyone: is Stake "jumped in" to the drone? If we blasted it with electricity, would it hurt him? Or is he just interacting with it through the Matrix, where blasting it would cause nothing more than the drone's icon to blip out of existence?