NEWS

OOC: Urban Brawl

• 2168 Replies

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1635 on: <05-29-13/2030:29> »
@Storm:

I think the definition of combative powers is pretty narrow.  This would be things that are specifically for doing damage in combat like Engulf or Elemental Strike.  Accident really isn't supposed to do damage and is a very broadly defined power, so I'm considering it just a normal spirit power. 

For the Simple Action I took to do concealment, you're right it did conceal before moving into combat, so I won't count it.  I'll say it got one use of accident off on one of the drones.  I'll IC this.

Thermo

• Omae
« Reply #1636 on: <05-29-13/2211:55> »
@Inca: seems like a fair enough call to me!

@Zach: LETS GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE!!! Brick is probably using Larry's head as a pińata as we speak, don't want to miss the festivities!

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!

Re:

« Reply #1637 on: <05-30-13/0042:52> »
You know what? I had a plan or two, well you skipped me a bit :)

afb but IIRC it acts exactly that way as Area jamer does, with the difference that there is oposed roll (and jammed area is smaller). No need to identify signals is described in the book.

Sichr

• Prime Runner

Re:

« Reply #1638 on: <05-30-13/0045:45> »
@thermo: btw. wouldnt ball lightning be simpler solution? Or you are saving it for some swarm of drones? ;D just jesting ;)

Thermo

• Omae
« Reply #1639 on: <05-30-13/0759:40> »
Sorry mate, didn't mean to skip you, got wrapped up in the action.

As for ball lightning, it requires line-of-sight, so I was concerned that the moment I could see them they could see ME. Once the flames covered the window the spell was likely to go off at that point, which would fry the both of us. I'm itching to use the new spell though! once we get in the open it's game on!!

Sooo I see you have some grenades there.. EMP grenades in fact.. be nice to take some of those drones out before we make our exit

Sichr

• Prime Runner

Re:

« Reply #1640 on: <05-30-13/0823:46> »
I completely understand your urge :) I wont be able to set the grenade to go of on the right time. The idea the fire would stop the spell in the window doesnt seem right, you always hit the target if you got successes. But you got the point with LOS IMO. Well i got something different in my mind. You recal those movies where people jump at the grenade to save the others? What if I cover you in the corner with my own body, maybe using desk or something to improve the cover, and throw the grenade under that bed? If Zach thinks this may work, we make a hole to the floor below.  We get rid, at least for a while, of drones on the coridor, and possibly get some time to disappear. Otherwise i would use sylwia for the same, the radius of explosion is smaller.

Thermo

• Omae
« Reply #1641 on: <05-30-13/1007:06> »
If you want to give it a shot by all means go ahead, just don't blow us to smithereens! :)

If one grenade doesn't do it then maybe the earth spirit can use Blast to finish the job

Either way I like that we're trying two different approaches so we've got a backup plan in case one doesn't work

Sichr

• Prime Runner

Re:

« Reply #1642 on: <05-30-13/1018:03> »
IMO even two full burst from smgs, one APDS, one exex, would be enought to weaken the floor enought. Watch RAID:Redemption movie for more inspiration :)

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1643 on: <05-30-13/1217:37> »
Actually Ball Lightning doesn't need LOS to hit targets because it's an indirect AOE.  You only need LOS on the point in space you want it to explode but the targets can be out of LOS and still get damaged if they are inside the AOE. 

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1644 on: <05-30-13/1229:23> »
srry as updating status I realized I forgot to roll Drain (1S):Will(3)+Body(4) (7d6.hits(5)=3)

Thermo

• Omae
« Reply #1645 on: <05-30-13/1942:42> »
Crap! I don't know if Storm is athletic enough to get through that tiny little opening. Damn physads are made of muscle and rubber I guess. Sooo wish me luck, about to face off against the drones. Alone. Sigh...

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1646 on: <05-31-13/0538:31> »
fuck. I didnt realized that :o but he said its 0,5x0,5 meter, thats not that small for a lady ;)
But as soon as I hear shooting Ill return back, I wont leave you there alone (even with your spirit)
« Last Edit: <05-31-13/0542:43> by Sichr »

Thermo

• Omae
« Reply #1647 on: <05-31-13/0751:50> »
Thanks man.. I was hoping to dive into that hole and get lucky with my dice rolling but my dice pool for str+agi is only a whopping 4, so getting 4 hits even with edge just ain't gonna happen. If I'm absolutely stuck I could burn a point of Edge for an automatic critical success but that's a last resort.

May have to dive out that window and hope to get lucky. If you come with I can Levitate us down but we still need to contend with whatever is waiting for us on the other side of the window.

I'm going to find that fool Larry and get my cut of the 50k nuyen even if I need to sell him to the organ stealers.

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1648 on: <05-31-13/1411:51> »
@Zach:
To try and wiggle backwards into the room you'll need to make another Str + Ag (4) test.  Otherwise you can only move forward.

Thermo

• Omae
« Reply #1649 on: <05-31-13/1729:04> »
Zach, awesome idea to break out the torch inside the ductwork

Inca, that description of the dwarf wailing on the drone was great. If I'm not mistaken it's the drone's turn in CT1, if it's too loopy to do anything then it's the spirit's turn in IP2, no?