NEWS

OOC: Urban Brawl

• 2168 Replies

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1530 on: <07-09-12/1709:09> »
@Sichr:

Also don't forget your extended test roll to raise your Blades (Specialization: Fencing) from 2 to 3.  That's a Intuition + Previous Skill (6, 1 week) extended test....so 2 weeks seems about right :) 

Thermo

• Omae
« Reply #1531 on: <07-10-12/0725:18> »
Inca, how far is Storm from the edge of the ice field?

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1532 on: <07-10-12/1012:52> »
@Thermo:
He already moved his meter on the map for his last combat turn so at the end of this CT he'll move another meter.  The spot indicated on the map is where he is.

Thermo

• Omae
« Reply #1533 on: <07-11-12/1859:33> »
holy crap! I guess "guardian" spirit is a relative term.

Hmm, how to do this without pissing off my mentor spirit but also not getting shot full of a million holes in the process...

Thermo

• Omae
« Reply #1534 on: <07-11-12/2035:17> »
Arrr! I totally want to reply with next IP's action but it's not even close to my turn again!!

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1535 on: <07-11-12/2137:54> »
@Storm:
You still are holding a free action and a simple action which you can use whenever you want.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #1536 on: <07-15-12/1328:36> »
@Sichr:

Also don't forget your extended test roll to raise your Blades (Specialization: Fencing) from 2 to 3.  That's a Intuition + Previous Skill (6, 1 week) extended test....so 2 weeks seems about right :)

Ben thee, done that :) few nice bruses and scratches, well, Im back and alive with that brain thing still inide my skull. Ill try to IC asap. first Ill need to read a few things. a few dozens IMO :)

Thermo

• Omae
« Reply #1537 on: <07-15-12/2309:43> »
@Inca:

Yes, Storm is using her second simple action to tell the Valkyrie that after she is SURE Tahldrin is dead she is to incapacitate the guards without killing them if possible.

Storm's free action is spent sending the text message to her teammates

Do I have any way of verifying that Tahldrin is dead? Can I see him?

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1538 on: <07-16-12/0051:53> »
Make a perception test (4) with a -2 for lowlight vision looking through thermal smoke.  If you want to know if he's dead or not.

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« Reply #1539 on: <07-16-12/0142:13> »
Do one for yourself, another using the spirit's stats. Don't forget it was a full service to kill him and the service isn't over till the kill is verified and I'm sure that spirit has a mean dice pool.
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« Reply #1540 on: <07-16-12/2146:42> »
force 9 juggernaut that's what's up! ;D
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1541 on: <07-17-12/0336:46> »
OK need some answers before my next action:

Since Suppresive fire does NOT affect characters that are prone or behind a cover, would it be possible for Zach to prone to the edge of the skylight and take a shot with "firing from cover" modifier? I dont see any real need for killing guards right now, just to keep them bussy until Storm manages to leave to the balcony, but Zach also doesnt feel necessary to use blind fire over head, because that may hit some civs...and such colateral damage that would be shame in this mission...

Storm: Fear sounds like a good idea. Or another Ilusion to give guards target somewhere else. Or levitate (idn but it seems like that ice is delaying you). Would you need us to do something...imo balcony doors are opened so it wont take any unwanted attraction. It also looks like skylight exit is blocked by stream of APDS  :P

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1542 on: <07-19-12/1916:33> »
@Sichr:
Well, it actually says (even elaborates more so in WAR) that the GM determines what constitutes being safe or in danger from suppressive fire.  So with the skylight, i'm saying that if you can take a shot down there, you have a chance to get hit by flying lead.  what you suggested i'll say gives you a +4 good cover bonus to your Edge + Reaction test to not get hit by lead. 

@Everyone:
Make sure you don't just make an IC post that only has rolls in it.  Spoiler the OOC parts and then put at least a sentence of IC content.  So go back and edit any recent posts you have made with no IC content.
« Last Edit: <07-19-12/1918:14> by inca1980 »

Thermo

• Omae
« Reply #1543 on: <07-20-12/0815:05> »
Are we done with the second IP for this round?

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1544 on: <07-20-12/0852:14> »
OK since there is no need for me to fire down there, consider me delaying actions, being in full cover on the edge of skylight. Also, remeber this situation for future references, when some of us may want to lay down  supressive fire, since I feel this use of supressive fire is strictly against RAW:

Quote from: SRA, p. 154
Any character that is currently in the suppressed area (but not
behind cover or prone
), or who moves into or out of the area before the
shooter’s next Action Phase, risks catching some flying lead. That char-acter must make a Reaction + Edge Test (+ Dodge if on full defense) with a threshold equal to the hits scored by the suppressing attacker. If
the test fails, the character is hit, suffering damage at the weapon’s base
Damage Value. Characters in the suppressed area who do not move,
remain behind full cover, or simply drop prone are not at risk.

Quote from: WAR, p.139
Cover and Suppressive Fire
 e rules for suppressive  re state that if a target drops
prone or takes cover from an attacker while in a suppressive  re
zone, she is safe from the e ects of the zone.  ere are, however,
some circumstances and certain forms of suppressive fire for
which this does not apply. For example, dropping prone against
machine gun  re is ineffective when the attack is coming from
above, and it is difficult to take cover when the suppressive  re
zone is coming from all directions at once, as is the case with
a cluster bomb or a Fire Cloud spell.  The gamemaster has the
final say over what constitutes protection from damage in a
suppressive fire zone.

quoted WAR examples...supressive fire from all directions, or above...
but you are right, GM is free to say that any area is supressed.
Well, that means I wont move or take any action untill situation changes or some real action is needed