NEWS

OOC: Urban Brawl

• 2168 Replies

SeriousOne338

• Omae
« Reply #1455 on: <06-07-12/2236:04> »
If there are vents, we could use smoke charges and fake a fire. I could add the realism with matrix alarm systems and also I could lock the doors and take the security systems off line.
Colors: Speech, Thought, Matrix
Character:
Dos.Boot http://forums.shadowrun4.com/index.php?topic=7368.15

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #1456 on: <06-08-12/0412:21> »
Depending on what allegiance is those mages, well I suppose that is not too practical to consider them possible alies. In fact...I have them as no1 and no 2 targers when the shit hits the fun. I got some CS/tear gas grenades ready to cause chaos also, well guards seems to have full body suits and IMO there is high chance they will have respirators installed. Also therma smoke grenades.
If we would...and IMO we would...need to chose a battlefield, Id suggest that we lure some of them to balcony where Dos Boot`s drone has clear LOS...at least we would have fire support there. We have ropes, well if Storm can levitate it is even better.

Thermo

• Omae
« Reply #1457 on: <06-08-12/0733:37> »
ahh, remember: unwitting allies. We would plan to trick them. Once the drek hits the fan I 100% agree that they need to be taken out as the first order of business.

Thermo

• Omae
« Reply #1458 on: <06-08-12/0737:18> »
Inca, are there any other Awakened beings in the ballroom besides the two illusionists? Spirits?

SeriousOne338

• Omae
« Reply #1459 on: <06-08-12/1103:33> »
Id suggest that we lure some of them to balcony where Dos Boot`s drone has clear LOS...at least we would have fire support there. We have ropes, well if Storm can levitate it is even better.
Man I should have taken some more drones and acted more like a rigger than a hacker.
Colors: Speech, Thought, Matrix
Character:
Dos.Boot http://forums.shadowrun4.com/index.php?topic=7368.15

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1460 on: <06-09-12/0925:28> »
@Thermo:

You don't see any astral entities of any kind and the only awakened individuals you see are the illusionists.

Thermo

• Omae
« Reply #1461 on: <06-09-12/0957:54> »
Was I able to learn anything about the illusionists through either my knowledge skill roll or assessing?

I'm trying to determine if there's a way to trick them (using Con) into inadvertently helping cause the distraction so it isn't quite so obvious to the mundanes until it's too late

Thermo

• Omae
« Reply #1462 on: <06-11-12/1834:31> »
Righty-ho!

So we're in agreement: Dos is going to set off the fire alarm and lock the doors, and Brick and Zach will provide fire support by shooting the illusionists and then the guards. Storm is going to go invisible and wax the target once the illusionists are taken out (or else they could counterspell). Storm is going to get airborne as soon as the target is dead (unless there's a pressing reason not to). Storm can have a guardian spirit take out some of the guards as well. Anybody who gets to the roof is going to get a face full of hot lead from Dos's drones, Brick's auto cannon, and Zach's rifle.

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1463 on: <06-14-12/1237:45> »
@Thermo:

Let me address your great prep rolls in a little more detail:

--Both illusionists seem to be quite formidable, about the same level as yourself

--You do know of a Taingirian Illusionist society known as "Panendryn" that does tend to provide services to a lot of nobles.  These two are members.

--You do here several couples chatting while they're waltzing around you but only around trivial inane topics.  The guards aren't speaking at all but they movements do seem to coordinate very well with each other.

--The magical security seems to be just the three of you

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« Reply #1464 on: <06-14-12/2007:19> »
I don't like any kind of security alert before we strike. That just sends all the security on their toes and we don't need that. The most surprise possible is best and that means NO prior warnings ANYWHERE. I'm also a bit wary on committing to fire support unless necessary. We are your cover no your distraction. Once the security engages us, things are automatically messy. If you can with our silent help better set up to strike, by all means, direct us, but anything that gives away our current advantages of surprise and brief fire superiority. If you can get the other mages to help you do the strike, by all means, go for it. (I'm just not willing to count on it.) That would actually be a great thing for us, because they'd automatically be thought to be traitors and then a security priority! add to the confusion with other distractions via Das, and with the rest of our group be ready, flexible, and surprising once things do need to happen. Cast the spells you need, summon the spirits you've got to summon, and we'll be here on the roof ready to back you up IF things go south.

(though reading the IC I guess my thoughts are coming in a little on the late end. If we're already committed to another plan or actions are already in play we can just roll with it.)
« Last Edit: <06-14-12/2015:14> by Teyl_Iliar »
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

Thermo

• Omae
« Reply #1465 on: <06-15-12/0002:48> »
sooo let me get this straight, I'm going to go invisible, kill the target, and then what? get killed by pretty much everyone in the room, that's what.

The mages are as powerful as I am, so they'll be able to see me astrally. Once the fireworks start they'll stunbolt me. The guards probably have some kind of advanced optics in their helmets, so there's a good chance they can see me too.

If you've got a plan lay it on me!

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #1466 on: <06-15-12/0326:09> »
sooo let me get this straight, I'm going to go invisible, kill the target, and then what? get killed by pretty much everyone in the room, that's what.

The mages are as powerful as I am, so they'll be able to see me astrally. Once the fireworks start they'll stunbolt me. The guards probably have some kind of advanced optics in their helmets, so there's a good chance they can see me too.

If you've got a plan lay it on me!

You are going to kill the target. We are going to kill anyone who will try to kill you on your escape route. Zach personaly stands with Brick...no warning in advance. The only ones who will be able to recognize it was you who killed the target will be other mages. I understand that your part is really difficult. Got my fingers crosses for you. But yes. You are the assassin in this case and you need to pull the trigger :)
Id say...
Roll for surprise, roll initiative, so we got it all nice together when Inca is back on us.

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« Reply #1467 on: <06-15-12/0354:20> »
Basically that is the  plan. The only reason you were hired for this run like or not (and your character knows it) is to play as the assassin. They want this too look like nobles killing nobles. If we open up prior the hit it looks like somebody whacked the kid but used professionals which isn't what we're being paid for. Yeah it sucks for you, but we're not here to kill that guy, we're here to save you once things go to shit IF you need it at all. Now I think it's only fair that since you're looking at the most work here that out of the money we're being paid for the run you can have half, we split the rest. But if you don't want to play the very specific and qualified part you were picked for, then we split the total equal. Get creative, just because you have magic doesn't mean you need to use it specifically to kill him, though it would be easier for you to do, I'm sure there is some way you can figure out to be the assassin you're meant to be if you look for it use the crowd and whatever distractions we can provide you to kill that guy asap and then bug out like another terrified member of the crowd. If the mage's go after you we'll hit them with enough firepower to level half the room the second they start shit, and the security is next on the list, but if at all possible we want this to be as quiet and quick as possible so you don't have to get shot at, we don't have to get shot at, and we all get to split a nice sum of nuyen.
« Last Edit: <06-15-12/1054:16> by Teyl_Iliar »
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1468 on: <06-15-12/1250:23> »
ready whenever you guys are.  Roll surprise and then roll initiative as soon as you're ready.

Thermo

• Omae
« Reply #1469 on: <06-15-12/1431:49> »
Basically that is the  plan. The only reason you were hired for this run like or not (and your character knows it) is to play as the assassin. They want this too look like nobles killing nobles. If we open up prior the hit it looks like somebody whacked the kid but used professionals which isn't what we're being paid for. Yeah it sucks for you, but we're not here to kill that guy, we're here to save you once things go to shit IF you need it at all. Now I think it's only fair that since you're looking at the most work here that out of the money we're being paid for the run you can have half, we split the rest. But if you don't want to play the very specific and qualified part you were picked for, then we split the total equal. Get creative, just because you have magic doesn't mean you need to use it specifically to kill him, though it would be easier for you to do, I'm sure there is some way you can figure out to be the assassin you're meant to be if you look for it use the crowd and whatever distractions we can provide you to kill that guy asap and then bug out like another terrified member of the crowd. If the mage's go after you we'll hit them with enough firepower to level half the room the second they start shit, and the security is next on the list, but if at all possible we want this to be as quiet and quick as possible so you don't have to get shot at, we don't have to get shot at, and we all get to split a nice sum of nuyen.

Heh, blunt but to the point. I can make it happen, especially if it's for a half share of the pot. I'll think of how exactly the hit should go down, and I like your suggestion to try and manipulate things so I don't even look like a suspect. I have a bound spirit, and I can summon one more, so I had an idea that one spirit can attack the target, one attacks one of the mages, and I Con the guards into thinking it was all the third mage so they shoot him. Dos hits the fire alarm, and I can either fly up or walk right out depending on how alert the guards are.

Thoughts?

I will post my IC message tonight