NEWS

OOC: Urban Brawl

• 2168 Replies

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #1410 on: <05-20-12/0308:13> »
Manalink? Or mananet? And sustaining focus for those...you dont like to have -2 for every roll all the time.

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« Reply #1411 on: <05-20-12/0712:14> »
I know how to patch one of the biggest holes in my defense. I need to karma up my will power like a mofucka. I can't even tell you how sick to death I am of getting feared by every animal, and spirit that looks my way. >:(
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #1412 on: <05-20-12/0805:13> »
Getting the Guts quality is cheaper and adds as much bonus defense as 2 willpower if I recall correctly.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1413 on: <05-20-12/0817:37> »
Jup. And some drugs maybe :)

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
« Reply #1414 on: <05-20-12/0944:36> »
mmmmm guts. I'll have to look in to that! No thanks on the drugs, Brick can't afford a habit when he's got as much as he does on the line. Being a junky isn't in his plans for the future.

@ Inca I've updated both brick's karma and money from the last run on his sheet. split was 20K between 3 of us, so 6,666. I'll work on karma and purchases when I have more time.

@everyone: sorry I've been off the radar. with UB moving so slow I didn't even think to check it until Inca passed word to me that he rolled out the ending. I also stopped getting notifications from the OOC thread and others on the forum so if I'm not answering questions or it seems like I'm not paying attention PM me, I know I still get those. Thanks.
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1415 on: <05-21-12/1038:31> »
Holy shit, I actually never thought of buying up the Guts qualities for my characters!  That's just 10 Karma and it gives you +2 to all fear-based assaults!  I know how i'm spending my Karma!

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
« Reply #1416 on: <05-21-12/1044:51> »
Inca a few questions.
1.are we on to a new month for lifestyle costs?
2. Brick is looking to get some new cyberware, how do you want to handle going under the knife? (it's a radar sensor rating 3 availability 12, for 9000 cred.)

I've bought the guts quality with 10 Karma and raised infiltration to 3 for another 6. these changes are annotated on Brick's sheet.
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1417 on: <05-21-12/1116:22> »
@Brick:
Well, we used to say 1 month in between UB's...so let's just go back to that.  That should also give you time to acquire the cyberware and get the surgery. 

From the table on pg. 128 of Augmentation, based on the essence cost it says that the implant is a minor procedure and will deal 3P damage.
The extended test for the surgery is the doctors Medicine + Logic (4, 1hour) so we won't even roll that.  The damage also will take you like a day to heal up so we won't even worry about it. 

For a cost of 9000 nuyen the interval for the Availability test is 2 days.  If a contact gets that for you then all you need to roll is training your Infiltration.  Doc Watson is a contact for you so i'll say that she/he'll do the surgery and get you the gear for a discount of 8800 nuyen. 
So don't worry about the availability roll.  Just roll for training your Infil: Intuition + Current Skill level (6, 1 week)

@Everyone:
That's 1 month of lifestyle costs if you've been in past UB's

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1418 on: <05-23-12/0809:30> »
ehh
can someone point me to last payroll? I have no idea how much money had we earned

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1419 on: <05-23-12/1005:09> »
From the last run you earned 6666 nuyen each

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #1420 on: <05-23-12/1114:25> »
The number of 10 devils!

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1421 on: <05-23-12/1312:12> »
From the last run you earned 6666 nuyen each

;D

Id say apage...wel...
I love the smell of burning asphalt in the morning
:D

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1422 on: <06-01-12/1229:56> »
UB 7

Let it begin!  So, for those of you new...the main point here is to start you right in the action, so I don't want any "but my character would never follow this plan or agree to be in this type of situation!" type of stuff ok.  Think on your feet and take lemons and make lemonade.  We'll retro-actively do any legwork type knowledge skill tests or connection tests for info that might want and that I think you could obtain. 

--Ok, so the scene is pretty much laid out in IC.  The idea is that Storm hits the target, goes invis, and levitates up through the skylight which the three of you will bust open for her.  Once you do this and everyone's out of the ballroom, UB7 is over and a chopper takes you off. 

--You all have ziplines hooked up to rapelling gear and can make it down to the floor if shit hits the fan.  Exiting through the ballroom doors might not necessarily end the UB though if there are still hostiles.  On the map Brick (B), Zach (Z), and Dos.Boot (D) are green because they are in those positions but 50 m above the scene and on the roof.  The green circle is the dome of the skylight that you can see through.

--Even though picture of guards shows them without firearms, they have bullpup SMG's.  Knowskill test to know more. 

--Letting Storm hang out to dry will have serious repercussions on your Rep if you have the notion to do so.

Status of each one of you:

@Brick:
watching the scene ready.  You're hidden right now, but if you do anything visible you'll have to roll infil.

@Storm:
Laid it out pretty clearly.  I'll allow you to have your armor concealed since it's pretty tight, but I I'll say you can't have your helmet with you and your PPP guard.  That's just too obviously armor.  You can have your glasses though and contact lenses.  Another thing i'm throwing on you is that you did learn the spell Trid Entertainment for this run.  I'll give it to you for free so modify your Char sheet with it.  You are currently sustaining it and creating fancy illusions....("tricks are something a whore does for money....or cocaine...")

@Zach:
Ready and watching, just roll infil if you do anything potentially visible from down below.

@Dos
You are also hidden in the same way with drones etc. behind you.

W.r.t. matrix, there is a matrix signal out here.  You currently possess a backdoor to the castle's main node but have not logged on yet to not risk triggering an alert.  You know it's a Sys 5, Firewall 6, Resp 5, Sig 4 node running Analyze (ergonomic, optimized 1) 6, Encryption(erg, opt 1) 6 with several subnodes connected to it.  The encryption program is actively running on the node's connections to another sub-node.  This is all you know.

@Everyone:
Let me know your statuses i.e. chameleon suit being on, anything pertinent...

Questions anyone?  Ask away in order to flesh out your understanding of the situation!  In OOC thread of course.  Make sure to read the 1st UB OOC post to have the house rules and general info in your head.  It's subject to change but i'll let anyone know about any changes.  Like I said at the beginning, UB is tough.  You're probably gonna wanna meta-discuss things a bit before you act IC.  Be real creative!!!
« Last Edit: <06-01-12/1315:56> by inca1980 »

Thermo

• Omae
« Reply #1423 on: <06-01-12/2048:28> »
So, just to clarify, I'm not wearing any PPP gear since it's too bulky, but I'll wear my standard Urban Explorer jumpsuit without a helmet. According to the picture, the illusionists are wearing something that hides their faces; that's good, since I have a SIN in Tir.

She'll be speaking Sperethiel to any elves she needs to be in contact with, using English only when necessary. She'll use Con as her primary social skill but will only engage people if she needs to.

I'm assuming that she'll have some time to get ready and that since she's expected to be Awakened she won't be given too much trouble concerning magic as long as she behaves herself.

Here's my take on how Storm will prepare prior to starting the illusion show. Guys, let me know if you think I'm missing anything.

1. Switch over to Astral space and see if there are any wards, invisible people, spirits, foci, etc present in the space
2. Cast Increase Attribute: Intuition (F3) using sustaining focus
3. Trigger the auto injector built into her outfit, currently filled with Psyche (+1 Int, +1 Log, -1 die per sustained spell instead of -2, lasts 7 hours)
4. Switch over to Astral space again and see if there are any wards, invisible people, spirits, foci, etc present in the space that I couldn't see before (should have several additional dice due to spell and drug influence)
5. Use her Int-based knowledge skill of Magical Security Procedures
6. Use Perception to see if she notices anything out of the ordinary
7. Assense anybody of interest in the room
8. Use her Int-based knowledge skill of Magical Communities to see if I can glean any knowledge on the other illusionists (and any OTHER mages in the room as well)
9. Cast Increase Attribute: Charisma (F8) using power focus
10. Cast Increase Reflexes (F3) using sustaining focus

Of course, if something comes up during the course of preparation that requires attention Storm would have to make adjustments

I'm assuming that since I'm a mage I would know if I'd crossed any wards on our way into the castle, correct? It'll determine if I am able to bring my bound spirit (female Valkyrie armed with two-handed flamberge, optional power: elemental attack (Thunderclap; treat as Blast)) in from the metaplanes or if she's stuck outside the castle walls.

As for gear configuration, Storm is currently wearing both of her health sustaining foci to cast Increase Reflexes and Increase Intuition.
They'll both be activated during her prep period unless she sees something that would give her a problem, and in that case she'll have to use them discreetly (or not-so-discreetly perhaps). The same applies to her Power focus. The combat fetish will remain deactivated until the moment before she needs to use it, since I doubt a spirit guarding the target would take kindly to seeing a combat fetish on one of the hired help.

It'd be great if someone has a good way to get me out of there afterwards; the guards are probably going to be mad that we ruined the party.

Inca, let me know how you'd like for me to handle the rolls above for the spells (i.e. batch them, do them sequentially, etc).

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
« Reply #1424 on: <06-01-12/2335:15> »
Just to let everyone know I'm having issues with Invisible castle so I'm kind of stuck on rolling for stuff until they get back to me. >:(
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm