NEWS

OOC: Urban Brawl

• 2168 Replies

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #1920 on: <02-08-14/1541:07> »
Gentlemen, my exam period is about to finish on monday,so Ill be able to post more often and to iinvest some thoughts to the game.

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1921 on: <02-11-14/1115:22> »
@Everyone:
Let me know when you wanna change scene and go to TVH

Thermo

• Omae
« Reply #1922 on: <02-11-14/2020:28> »
Let's do it, other than brow-beating that poor ork, Storm doesn't have much to do in the Underground  :)

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1923 on: <02-12-14/0356:39> »
We can move on to the TVH. I don’t know how much use Stake will be at the surveillance, but I can do basically two things: look out for Storm’s body and scan the vicinity of the hospital for hidden icons in the matrix. The latter has an effective range of 100 meters, so Inca, I’d like to ask how big the hospital is (I’ll download some area maps if needed).
"Speech", Matrix, >>Text<<, Thoughts, Astral
Bulldog
Stake

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1924 on: <02-12-14/0509:11> »
Ein moment bitte :)

I would like to do at least some recon, otherwise Zach's role is reduced just on walking and shooting.

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1925 on: <02-12-14/0756:33> »
My understanding was that we are moving on to the TVH recon phase, not directly to going in. So you will have plenty of opportunity to case the place. Sorry if I misunderstood.
Bulldog
Stake

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1926 on: <02-12-14/0832:29> »
IDN... you know I thought i would circle the place a few times, watching entry/exit ways, guards and possible entry points for us. IDN if it would be better if three people are doing this so we can get caught all at once. From my pov scouts usualy go in before the army. Not with the main body of the army. Buz if you want to go, I wont argue too hard.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1927 on: <02-12-14/0839:52> »
As i am not solo player, I have to admit that I dont understand the meaning of matrix findings at all...I understand words, but not what this represents as i am not familiar with how matrix in SR5 works. And I would be gratefull if stake is table to translate it a bit. Because i have feeling we may be missing something, but i dont know what and where...

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1928 on: <02-12-14/0900:10> »
Heh, I'm also a bit lost concerning the matrix findings. I can only theorize, here are the options I'm currently considering (the basic assumption is, that this situation developed from a NeoNet project):
a) it is still NeoNet, some officially non-existent project, that is why they put it somewhere (TVH) that isn't them but still connected. Pros: huge financial backing, deniability, supposed evidence from a NeoNet host. Cons: amateurish data scrapping, less-than-adequate handling of loose ends (us).
b) The project was scrapped by the corp but someone continues it still. Pros: the good liutenant Goodman popping up everywhere, some amateurish solutions. Cons: the financial backup.

Anyway, i have the nagging feeling there is a third option i'm not considering but i can't get further than those two with the current information.

Considering surveillance, i support you scouting out the place before we all go there. I also support Storm checking it in astral. As for the matrix survey, unfortunately i have to be there, but it can wait.
Bulldog
Stake

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1929 on: <02-12-14/1010:13> »
-My idea was to start you off outside TVH, like a block away.  I'd prefer not to split you guys up, one cuz you're not an "army", and secondly because you're safer in a group.
-For flavor reasons, be careful with the amateurish label.  Remember, shadowrunners are professionals, so just because a shadowrunner is able to gain access to something doesn't mean it was amateurishly hidden.  It's the same with the whole hacking dilemma I encounter with my table-top GM.  He feels that since there exists game rules that make it possible for a Hacker to hack into people's comm's, hosts, etc., he believes no-one in his campaign world ever would put anything important on a comm or online.  He feels that the security risk posed by hackers has created a 6th world in his mind where no-one puts anything of value online because that would just be stupid and amateurish and a total security risk.  Aside from totally nerfing an already weak archetype like the decker, it also makes no sense then why there even is a matrix to begin with and why would it pervade all aspects of life.  So my take on the matrix is that a PC decker/technomancer is quite a special individual that poses quite a unique threat which even the best of systems have trouble subverting.  Most system's, even rating 1  are really quite secure when you compare it to regular people and regular corporate activity.  Everyone actually puts very sensitive data online because they have to use it every day and for the most part they never have any problems.  It's the same way today, all these companies have all this credit card information and they make way more money by having it online than the money they lose when every few months it gets hacked.  That doesn't make the companies amateurs, it's just the reality of how incredibly good hackers are.  So I feel it's the same way for every archetype; don't compare yourself to average everyday world.  You guys are professionals and the people you are fighting against are very professional as well, we just need some way of rolling dice in order to figure out who wins. 

-You're on the right track, just a few more data-searches might point you in a more specific direction and save you some trouble.  You just gotta search for the right things.
« Last Edit: <02-12-14/1017:11> by inca1980 »

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1930 on: <02-13-14/0605:56> »
@Sichr, Thermo: do you have any ideas where I should go on with the data searches? I don’t think I will be able to follow up on any NeoNet leads, I think those will be in protected systems I’d have to hack in to get further info. What I currently consider that may be worth some looking into:
-   The past of Lt. Marshal Goodman. From contextual evidence, he seems like some kind of a hacker.
-   The initials TL from the statue in the TLSS host, maybe through Goodman’s past. There must be a connection. (@Inca: was there anything in corporate registers about what TL stands for?)
-   Project Bootcamp. There may be some leaked info circulating the net on this one. (Should have done it from the start, right after I decrypted the drone’s data.)

@Inca: I’d like to elaborate why I used the “amateurish” label. I know we are talented professionals, but I thought if there was a secret / black ops project inside a major corporation that was scrapped, that kind of data should have been handled with some extra care by the corp, like keeping it in a different system or under the control of different admins, and there’s no chance that a random major data trashing would include this kind of data. If it does, it is a major critical hiccup in the security protocols of that corporation. Of course, I know that mistakes can be made even on the critical levels, I just don’t really count on that possibility.
However, if you think that is not the case, that there is a considerable chance this information can hit the ‘trix by the random activity of a hacker seeking some extra profit, I will reevaluate this and try to think accordingly in the future.
Bulldog
Stake

Thermo

• Omae
« Reply #1931 on: <02-13-14/0811:08> »
I think you're on the right track concerning the data searches. It sounds to me like there was some kind of black ops hacker program that got scrubbed when everyone went comatose; everyone died except one. The corp might not even know that he's still alive and that he's controlling the drones from a hospital somewhere. Heck, for all we know he somehow made a pact with an AI and is now the equivalent of a cyber-zombie :)

I'd search for background on Goodman, the name TL (it obviously holds some importance), and the name Project Bootcamp.

Storm unfortunately has like zero input on tech stuff like hackers and data searches

We can wait to start the "recon" phase for a bit longer, I personally think it'll add to the flavor to have a better idea what exactly we're looking for when we get there

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1932 on: <02-13-14/1005:06> »
@Ren:
-You didn't find anything with respect to T.L. in corporate registers.
-In terms of flavor and perspective, I'd just assume that highly sensitive corporate data is constantly getting hacked and then corporations are counter-hacking, this would explain why shadowrunning is so prevalent.  Assume decent AAA corporate security is hackable by prime-runner hackers, so this guy Codec is quite good.  He also mentioned that he had meat-world support to gain him legit access and for about 15 min. in the system.
-Make Computer + Int [DP] for each thing you wanna search for.

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1933 on: <02-17-14/1127:10> »
@Ren:
As soon as you make those tests I can give you info and then take you to the TVH.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1934 on: <02-17-14/1420:36> »
IC is down again :(

and I am not sure how to copy result from rollz org here. feel free to toll for Zach, Inca
Stealth DP 13, Physical limit 6
Percetpion DP 11, Mental limit 4
« Last Edit: <02-17-14/1428:35> by Sichr »