NEWS

OOC: Urban Brawl

• 2168 Replies

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #1500 on: <06-26-12/0751:48> »
@Inca: Ok, I'll definitely keep the extra drain in mind moving forward. Do you allow mages to "pull their punches" when casting so the drain is kept at a reasonable level? How does this work with counterspelling? (i.e. is the additional drain for extra DV considered to be the "net" after the target resists some of the damage with Wil+Counterspelling?)

Quote from: SRA, p.204
After the Spellcasting is resisted the caster choses whether or not
to apply any net hits to increase the damage value of the spell as normal
(the net hits used to increase the damage value may be declared after
the target’s resistance test). As an optional rule, every net hit applied
also increases the Drain DV of the spell by +1. For area effect spells, the
highest net hits used applies to the Drain DV.

So the way Im reading it, it is completely up to you how many nethits you apply...

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1501 on: <06-26-12/0909:31> »
@Sichr:

You are correct sir

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1502 on: <06-26-12/1835:45> »
@Dos:
Just to clarify a little, the node you're in is G7's commlink.  You do find an Analyze Program and a Tacnet program running on this comm and 9 other nodes slaved to this comm.  The alert has triggered some sort of IC and it has begun loading and will be ready by CT2. 
« Last Edit: <06-26-12/1847:10> by inca1980 »

SeriousOne338

• Omae
« Reply #1503 on: <06-26-12/2258:43> »
gotcha so I might just crash the node then.
Colors: Speech, Thought, Matrix
Character:
Dos.Boot http://forums.shadowrun4.com/index.php?topic=7368.15

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« Reply #1504 on: <06-27-12/0811:40> »
Gents I'm on my way to a wedding for the next 4 days. I will do my best to keep up, with the action while out. Inca, I will contact you to roll my tests since I'll be without a computer.
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1505 on: <06-27-12/0859:14> »
Just enjoy the bridesmaids :D
or the bride herself, if its your bride, it is :P
and while you will be having good time, we will do some killing, so you can cash the reward once you came back. This is what I call tactics :)

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1506 on: <06-27-12/2247:11> »
It's CT2 and Zach and Storm need to roll their initiative, I'm rolling for Brick.  Storm said he'd be using Edge to go first so it's Storm's action right now.

@Dos:
Remember, crashing a node is an extended test and at the end of it the system crashes. 
« Last Edit: <06-27-12/2314:18> by inca1980 »

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1507 on: <06-28-12/0024:09> »
@STorm:

Are you using edge to go first?  If it is then you can act.

Thermo

• Omae
« Reply #1508 on: <06-28-12/0707:04> »
No, I don't want to use udge to go first. I declared it early so I could have the option to use it before everone jumped into their actions in CT2. I will modify my prev IC post.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1509 on: <06-29-12/1057:30> »
@Storm: Shit this is going to hell. You had a plan, now you are planning something else. I should have killed the target when I had clear shot. since bodyguards IMO will now efficiently downgrade our chances (since we already had 3 IPs of action and the only things dying around are your spirits). Pur yourself together and get the kill done, or you are the next one eating the lead after target is eliminated. This aint no place nor time for amateurs...

/IC off ;)

Thermo

• Omae
« Reply #1510 on: <06-29-12/1548:04> »
@zach:

Are you serious? You're upset that the target isn't dead after three seconds? You seem to be all for throwing me to the wolves. I take out the target without any escape route, then get taken down in a hail of gunfire. Yeah, that certainly would give you a bigger cut of the profits, wouldn't it? Since you were adamant that you didn't want to put yourself at risk then you can just fragging wait to see if I can come through or die trying. Either way, I am getting mighty sick of your bitching.

/IC off

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1511 on: <06-29-12/1715:21> »
Plan+Act consistently=No bitching
Plan+change plan every second=WTF+Tons of bitching
As Storm is a new kid on the block, Zach has no reason to trust she  can handle the job but Johnsons word. And Johnsons wish was to get the asassination done in the elven fashion way. That is the reason I cannot send that noble a bullet, until there is a chance Storm is still breathing.

And srsly...it took 2 weeks to finish 2 IPs from each one of us. We know better.

Thermo

• Omae
« Reply #1512 on: <06-29-12/1819:36> »
I don't understand what you're talking about. The plan was to go invisible and use the spirits to kill the target while Dos made a diversion. The spirits are getting their butts kicked by the guards, and the other mages are about to stunbolt Storm into unconsciousness. Had to take out the one mage while the spirits did their thing. Now it's your turn to take out the other mage while Storm summons a much more bad-ass spirit to finish the job.

Nothing in the plan changed, I'm reacting to the situation to try and finish the hit.

And as for the "we know better" comment I haven't got a clue what that means.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1513 on: <06-30-12/0304:55> »
Ok. I may have overreacted slightly.
Plane changing from my point of view was about that part:

Im going to use edge to go first in the next round XXXX Im not going to use edge to go first.

I know Zach has no ideas of such things, thats why I "reacted" in OOC, and also that I have an idea about that you were planning to do that just because you said that loud, if it is just an unspoken idea in your mind I never had any doubt. So, xcuse me, I was quite tired yesterday and get easily confused.
Mager is not your problem, it is ours IMO, and since Brick is aiming at him, I have a full confidence in his ability to take him out. Zach will try to take out any of guards who would seem to threaten you physicaly. It os highly improbable, that in the chaos of the tear gass, thermal smoke AND lots of guests (IMO important Tir citizens) they would try to use blind fire, supressive fire or wide bursts. This way or another, Zach is still going after the guards in the initiative, so Im waiting what they are going to do.

As for: We know better, I meant that we are able to act more quickly even in PbP (thing is, that Im leaving for vacation next thursday, and ideal plan is that I would have NO internet connection for at least 2 weeks.)

And about that lead part: believe ir or not, Zach was hired to protect you once you do the hit, and even if he dont have any kind of Code of Conduct as a quality, it would be highly unprofessional from his POV to kill you before we get to safe zone ;D

Thermo

• Omae
« Reply #1514 on: <06-30-12/1218:08> »
I should have been a lot more clear when I said I wanted to go first, sorry about that. I was thinking that I would need to say it early since once everyone rolled for initiative I might not get the chance to announce I wanted to go first (since everyone can make their posts all at once it might be too late by the time I announced it). As it turns out I don't need to spend the Edge since

a) you guys can wax the mage before he stunbolts me
b) the guards will spend their first IP killing the spirit
c) I can't summon a new spirit until the previous one is destroyed (without spending a free action dismissing it, that is)

I'm just hoping that the guards don't see me summoning the F9 spirit before it shows up and rocks their world  :)

And thanks for clarifying that you won't shoot me in the face until after the run is completed   ;)

Register