NEWS

VEGAS BABY, VEGAS

• 43 Replies

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« on: <10-20-10/0105:03> »
Fallout New Vegas is so nice.  Blessed be Obsidian for taking Bethesda's tech and using it to actually create a world that feels like you're interacting with it and is filled with actual characters.

Also, thank you ED-E for being the best companion yet.  Your carrying capacity is great and you don't just keep saying the same 3 things over and over as I play the game for what might be 160 hours.

Doc Chaos

• Omae
  • Bavarian Mr. Johnson
« Reply #1 on: <10-20-10/0121:20> »
Yeah, yeah, just rub it in :( My copy ships tomorrow... damn you, amazon.co.uk  :'(
SR4A Limited Edition [german] - 0478/1100

Codac

• Chummer
« Reply #2 on: <10-20-10/0123:38> »
I picked it up yesterday as well it's good fun.
"You Metahumans and your emotions are quite inefficient." ~Codac

"I am the Matrix." ~Codac

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #3 on: <10-20-10/0126:58> »
Yeah, yeah, just rub it in :( My copy ships tomorrow... damn you, amazon.co.uk  :'(

Mine didn't ship out until yesterday, so I went to the store and bought another copy. ;D
I'll just e-bay it when the collector's edition arrives in the mail and maybe lose 5 bucks on the deal. 
TOTALLY WORTH IT.  I REGRET NOTHING.

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #4 on: <10-20-10/0132:08> »
I want it very badly.

I have, however, made a conscious decision not to purchase it, for two reasons.  (1)  It leaves my wife a very, very, "easy button" sort of target for Christmas shopping, which I know she appreciates.  (2)  If I don't get it until Christmas, it means it won't eat my whole life when I'm supposed to be reading and writing for school, or reading and writing for Shadowrun. 

I'm being mature, thoughtful, and responsible, and I hate it.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #5 on: <10-20-10/0840:52> »
Amazingly, it's a lot easier to wait for the games when I have a broken HD on my Xbox. Gotta get a new one before I play anything, so it's easier to be patient when I know a game I want will cost me $160 instead of $60.

Jadehellbringer

• Global Moderator
  • Chummer
  • My crotch! I'm not supposed to... wait, what?
« Reply #6 on: <10-20-10/0859:35> »
I was up WAY too late working on it, and I have a few observations:

1) Geckos can go to hell.

2) Despite all of the doom-and-gloom I kept reading about glitches, so far I've only encountered a few minor ones, like an NCR soldier who was able to walk on thin air ten feet off the ground. Knock on wood, of course.

3) It doesn't do much damage, mind you, but I sure am enjoying the familiar feel of the 9mm pistol.

4) Geckos can go to hell.

5) The gunsights are a nice touch, but don't seem to be all that well-tuned. Maybe it's just the condition of the weapons, but I sure am finding my shots traveling a little wide, even shooting at bottles on a fence.

Looking forward to another long night of it after I get off work!

P.S.- Geckos can go to hell!!!
Not to be demanding, but can you please point that Panther Assault Cannon somewhere other than my groin?

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #7 on: <10-21-10/0613:06> »
I'm enjoying the non-bethesda stylings of enemies that aren't leveled with you.  Like, you try to cut through Primm pass to Novac, and there's a Blind Deathclaw that will tear your head off... unless you want to blow all the Powder Charges you skimmed off the Powder Gangers just to kill that ridiculous hellbeast.  It's not directly railroading you, just causing you to work hard to move quickly.

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #8 on: <10-22-10/1618:09> »
I'm having graphics card issues right now so I'm holding off on getting it. How is it compared to Fallout 3?
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #9 on: <10-22-10/1646:01> »
Considering we haven't heard from since that post, I'd say it's faring pretty well. :P

HEY! Kontact! B.B.'s moping about the bar in the Road to Redmond!

Jadehellbringer

• Global Moderator
  • Chummer
  • My crotch! I'm not supposed to... wait, what?
« Reply #10 on: <10-22-10/2315:19> »
I'm having graphics card issues right now so I'm holding off on getting it. How is it compared to Fallout 3?

More of the same- and I mean that being honest, not as a put-down. Whatever you thought of FO3, you'll probably feel the same way about this. Since I loved it, I'm enjoying the hell out of it so far.
Not to be demanding, but can you please point that Panther Assault Cannon somewhere other than my groin?

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #11 on: <10-24-10/1426:59> »

More of the same- and I mean that being honest, not as a put-down. Whatever you thought of FO3, you'll probably feel the same way about this. Since I loved it, I'm enjoying the hell out of it so far.
I couldn't disagree more.
New Vegas is an actual Fallout game, 3 was very good past apocalyptic FSPRPG but it wasn't really a fallout game.
Feel in this one is so much closer to the original fallouts that i mosly want to forget 3 ever existed ;)
"An it harm none, do what you will"

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #12 on: <10-24-10/1456:24> »
So is it like 3 or like the originals with pretty graphics?
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

Doc Chaos

• Omae
  • Bavarian Mr. Johnson
« Reply #13 on: <11-03-10/0617:24> »
Its like 3.

OMG I am soo hooked... they brought back so much stuff! Geckos, man, GECKOS! GOT TO HELL GECKOS!!! And super stim packs and healing powder and... and... Yeah, and despite its many drawbacks I spend hours and hours on it. I mean, I dont remember how many rooms with "hard" locks I broke in, just to find like 20 caps and nothing else in them. And there are tons of notes and tapes that would make AWESOME story hooks, if they only gave you a quest or even a hint on where a quest might be :/
SR4A Limited Edition [german] - 0478/1100

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #14 on: <11-09-10/1628:20> »
I am making a killing off of making a bunch of Weapon Repair Kits, grabbing a bunch of junky rifles & such and fixing them up, and then selling them for like ten times what I paid for them.

-k