NEWS

Tattoo Magic

• 0 Replies

goonarboy

• Newb
« on: <12-03-12/0714:57> »
Hi guys

this is only my second post and i need some help with this one but i apologise in advance if i have posted this in the wrong place.

I run a game and am currently using edition 3 as i have all the source books and have not got round to getting 4 yet.
one of my players has an adept who wants to get "spell shield" (MITS) cast into a tattoo. i understand the basics of tattoo magic but am having trouble working out the finer points regarding the spell. he wants to get the spell at force 4 thus adding a +4 to the TN for anyone casting spells at him but in the spell description its the number of successes at TN6 that determine the increased TN for the spellcaster. i could be nice and say that the contact that casts the spell into the tattoo keeps trying until they get 4 successes or i could be evil and do a one off roll in front of him, possibly netting no successes. i am also thinking of bringing in a house rule regarding casting these types of spells into tattoos where the user gains an equivalent number of successes equal to half the rating of the tattoos force. this would mean that the character with a spell shield tattoo rating 4 would give a spellcaster a +2 to their TN.

let me know what you think or if i am missing something.

thanks in advance
Goon
« Last Edit: <12-03-12/0722:07> by goonarboy »