NEWS

Eclipse Phase

• 21 Replies

hazmat the monstar

• Chummer
  • www.hazmatthemonstar.com
« on: <10-15-10/1517:36> »
I read thru the Eclipse Phase quick start rules last night, and that game is amazing I think. It's very intricate, and the people who designed it are geniuses. Put another star next to Rob Boyle's name.... Anybody else think it's ultra-fresh?

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #1 on: <10-15-10/1530:19> »
I think it's truly awesome. Plus the marketing of it. They are going with Creative Commons, meaning that if you download a pirated copy of the game, they are not going to hunt you down like dogs, but hope that you like it enough that you'll buy it (and future copies).

hazmat the monstar

• Chummer
« Reply #2 on: <10-15-10/1542:19> »
*gasp* I would never...

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #3 on: <10-15-10/1544:18> »
Neither would I... Unless there was a deal like this. ;)

tbrminsanity

• Newb
  • Have fun, play games!
« Reply #4 on: <10-15-10/1650:44> »
I really think the Creative Commons license is responsible for Eclipse Phase taking off as quickly as it has.  It is easy to get into since you only need your GM to buy the book then share it with the group.  If they like it, they will buy it (like my group did (both the soft and hard copy)).
Some people call me crazy...  Maybe they are right.

hazmat the monstar

• Chummer
« Reply #5 on: <10-15-10/1726:03> »
I really think the Creative Commons license is responsible for Eclipse Phase taking off as quickly as it has.  It is easy to get into since you only need your GM to buy the book then share it with the group.  If they like it, they will buy it (like my group did (both the soft and hard copy)).
You played it? awesome. How was it?

tbrminsanity

• Newb
  • Have fun, play games!
« Reply #6 on: <10-15-10/2142:55> »

Arguably it is the best setting I have ever seen in any RPG I have ever played (and I've been gaming for 15 years).  The only downsides IMHO is the character creation which can take several days to create a character.  As a result I tend to just use a pregen character (the only RPG I have ever done that with).  It also is a bit of a pain if you have to Ego cast (ie travel great distances by transmitting just your mind) in mid mission (especially if you want a custom morph (ie body) waiting for you.  Having electronic character sheets is an absolute must.  Like I said above if you want to try the game out with your group I can share my core rule book PDF with you and if you like it I strongly recommend buying the hardcover (and any extra PDFs you need). 

hazmat the monstar

• Chummer
« Reply #7 on: <10-18-10/1420:22> »

Arguably it is the best setting I have ever seen in any RPG I have ever played (and I've been gaming for 15 years).  The only downsides IMHO is the character creation which can take several days to create a character.  As a result I tend to just use a pregen character (the only RPG I have ever done that with).  It also is a bit of a pain if you have to Ego cast (ie travel great distances by transmitting just your mind) in mid mission (especially if you want a custom morph (ie body) waiting for you.  Having electronic character sheets is an absolute must.  Like I said above if you want to try the game out with your group I can share my core rule book PDF with you and if you like it I strongly recommend buying the hardcover (and any extra PDFs you need). 
I would love to see the core book, and see if my players would be into it.

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #8 on: <10-23-10/2316:31> »
Well, it's all over the Torrents (legally!) if you look around.

If you like it, buy a copy to support the developers at the stores listed here:
http://www.eclipsephase.com/releases

The main book is available as a PDF from DriveThruRPG for only 15 bucks right now.

-k

Chaotic Insane

• Omae
« Reply #9 on: <10-24-10/1549:03> »
Doom's been nagging at me to read the book since he wants to run that, too. I just can't be assed to sit down and actually do it. It sounds odd. Still warming up to NOT playing in a classic fantasy setting with ShadowRun...
"People say I hate the living. It's not true. I just happen to see the potential inside all people; those great things anyone can do if they aren't trapped in their own consciousness and morals. And when I unlock that potential, death is the side-effect. I can't help that." - Dr. McMourning

tbrminsanity

• Newb
  • Have fun, play games!
« Reply #10 on: <10-24-10/1625:52> »
Anyone that wants a PDF copy I have it (I also own the Hardcopy) (PM me).  I only ask that if you like the game, drop the $10-15 for the PDF or $40 for the Hardcopy to help support this great RPG.

hazmat the monstar

• Chummer
« Reply #11 on: <10-26-10/2156:17> »
The game is way dope. I'm buyin' the hard copy. Now, if only I can get someone to play it...

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #12 on: <10-27-10/0420:33> »
I've only played one game of EP so far, but it was a blast.

Wonderfully creepy.

Without getting too detailed... the game ended with a space station being blown up and the entire team of player characters killing themselves in various ways. And agreeing that this was the best, sanest course of action.

;D

-k

tbrminsanity

• Newb
  • Have fun, play games!
« Reply #13 on: <10-27-10/1046:40> »
I've only played one game of EP so far, but it was a blast.

Wonderfully creepy.

Without getting too detailed... the game ended with a space station being blown up and the entire team of player characters killing themselves in various ways. And agreeing that this was the best, sanest course of action.

;D

My game ended with the entire team being beaten to death by neo-hominids (think planet of the apes).  ;)

Usda Beph

• Omae
  • aka Black Angus
« Reply #14 on: <10-29-10/1027:03> »
Man I thought making a CBTRPG or Shadowrun had a complex character generation process! First make your character then mod it, then make your Morph Mod it, then buy gear! Oh my! Looks kinda fun though so far.
Yeah, I'm A Minotaur! You Gotta Beef with that?
I'm a Minotaur not a bully!
I studied at the Rocky Mountain Culinary School.I specialized in Seafood.
My Dad worked out of el Toro In New Mexico.