NEWS

Would you happen to know...

• 38 Replies

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #30 on: <10-22-12/2013:42> »
...what the street value for a crate of bananas, a crate of real chocolates, and a medi-kit full of condoms would be?

What the heck was the run against? Some kind of weird San Francisco sex show?  :o

Maybe the driver thought he'd get a pack of "who am I kidding"-condoms while on his delivery route.

Actually it to pick up a frozen girl and drop her off. They "acquired" a few items along the way.

...???

...:o

That explanation is actually even worse then just the bananas/chocolates/condoms explanation. Now, to keep me from thinking disturbing things that I would rather not like to think about, could you please tell us the rest of the mission...
Sounds like an EPIC scavenger hunt.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

GhostWriter

• Newb
« Reply #31 on: <10-22-12/2335:43> »
In due time....in due time.

DarkLloyd

• Ace Runner
  • Stupidity this Good takes TEAMWORK.
« Reply #32 on: <10-23-12/0036:59> »
I thought Real chocolate was as rare as real honey in SR?
Depends on the author.

Running Wild, page 8, specifically mentions cocoa tree as virtually extinct, only grown in scattered pockets in Africa and Venezuela, and under attack from fungal infection that kill 90% of the crop, making chocolate "as lauded an item as caviar." It also lists honey bees as extinct on page 7.

But a world without chocolate would be way too grimdark for me to enjoy playing Shadowrun anymore.

Yeah, Running Wild was where I was citing from. And like was mentioned Chicago has the only natural honey bees left.
And to make some extra side cash when my rigger had to go thru Chi town and discovered that fact he made sure to buy some warehouse that noone wanted anymore then came back later and converted it into a warehouse sized green house. Some environmental controls and seals later and scavanged wildflower seeds and he had a huge indoor garden. Which he then populated with about a dozen bee colonies. Install drone guards and caretakers. and now he harvests honey that his roommate makes into Mead. 200Y a bottle Mead.
Runing the shadows since '90
If you can't Dazzle them with STYLE, Riddle them with BULLETS.
"Sometimes we do the right thing.  Sometimes we shoot people in the face for money."-CanRay
"Sometimes those are the same thing."-Mirikon

Missions Characters:
ChromeMonger - Sam
Blanco Diablo - Adept

elementar2k3

• Newb
« Reply #33 on: <11-19-12/1125:18> »
This was reaaly helpful to me to thanks guys ;D

Twitchy D

• Omae
  • Paranoia is a survival trait.
« Reply #34 on: <11-19-12/1141:17> »
This was reaaly helpful to me to thanks guys ;D
Well, now that this thread has been ressurected from the realms of the dead threads long forgotten, GhostWriter, I'm still wondering what the hell that run was about. Could you please tell us now, seeing as this so-called run is now likely finished, what the hell happened, particularly with the dead chick stuck in an ice cube and the condom/banana/chocolate combo?

GhostWriter

• Newb
« Reply #35 on: <11-19-12/1314:39> »
  :D I'd be delighted twitchy. The run was something I affectionately called Blowing the Popsicle stand.

The team (which will get it's own thread for introductions) was contacted by fixer for a new job. It was supposed to be a simple snatch and grab (which they succeeded at) but ran into a snag. So they had a bunch of gangers start a distraction by paying them to do so. Once done, they went into the warehouse Knight Errant was guarding and grabbed the girl in the cryogenic tube(where the grabbed whatever crates they could get). When they tried to get away, they were stopped by some of the gangers who wanted a bigger cut.

Another runner (who goes by the moniker Longshot, created by lurker) saves them. He works for another Johnson (who happens to be the girls younger brother now in his twilight years.)  During the commotion they are contacted by said Johnson who promises to pay twice what they are getting from the Johnson who hired them. (Also the tube was damaged. OPEN IT OR SHE DIES was the outcome)

They find out it requires a jack (no wireless as it was from the mid 90's) and that the girl has been stasis since then. They open it and she is strangely okay with the motley crew of runners. She is returned to her brother unharmed (turns out she is Awakened, which she literally wakes up to)   
They return to the other Johnson who is now dead thanks to some interference from Tir elves. The gangers pretty much out gun them so they look into a crate and find a tacnuke.

Long story short: They blow up the nuke and the meet and end up saving a motel full of people doing it. That's what happened.

Twitchy D

• Omae
« Reply #36 on: <11-19-12/1401:54> »
  :D I'd be delighted twitchy. The run was something I affectionately called Blowing the Popsicle stand.

The team (which will get it's own thread for introductions) was contacted by fixer for a new job. It was supposed to be a simple snatch and grab (which they succeeded at) but ran into a snag. So they had a bunch of gangers start a distraction by paying them to do so. Once done, they went into the warehouse Knight Errant was guarding and grabbed the girl in the cryogenic tube(where the grabbed whatever crates they could get). When they tried to get away, they were stopped by some of the gangers who wanted a bigger cut.

Another runner (who goes by the moniker Longshot, created by lurker) saves them. He works for another Johnson (who happens to be the girls younger brother now in his twilight years.)  During the commotion they are contacted by said Johnson who promises to pay twice what they are getting from the Johnson who hired them. (Also the tube was damaged. OPEN IT OR SHE DIES was the outcome)

They find out it requires a jack (no wireless as it was from the mid 90's) and that the girl has been stasis since then. They open it and she is strangely okay with the motley crew of runners. She is returned to her brother unharmed (turns out she is Awakened, which she literally wakes up to)   
They return to the other Johnson who is now dead thanks to some interference from Tir elves. The gangers pretty much out gun them so they look into a crate and find a tacnuke.

Long story short: They blow up the nuke and the meet and end up saving a motel full of people doing it. That's what happened.

And the explanation I was waiting for is finally answered! HUZZAH! Now I don't have to think about disturbing happenings involving chicks in ice cubes, covered in chocolate syrup and slices of banana with a troll looming over her...

...late at night, when I stare at the ceiling and wonder what the hell that run was about... :o

Anyhow, sounds pretty fun! Is it ok if I can ask for the mission notes and outline, or would that be a no go, or some sort of faux pas?

GhostWriter

• Newb
« Reply #37 on: <11-21-12/1304:10> »
Sure thing. When I find them anyway. Unlike most GMs I know, my notes are messy and NEVER in the order I want them in.  :-\ But I'll get around to it since my game was moved next week due to Black Friday.

Twitchy D

• Omae
« Reply #38 on: <11-21-12/1657:20> »
Sure thing. When I find them anyway. Unlike most GMs I know, my notes are messy and NEVER in the order I want them in.  :-\ But I'll get around to it since my game was moved next week due to Black Friday.

HEY! HIYA! Welcome to the LOD, or as we call it, (dramatic voice) THE LEAGUE OF DISORGANIZATION! Come on in, and just dump your stuff on the floor where there's room. WE ALL DO IT, ANYWAY'S!

Thanks! I'm trying my hand at writing up some things, but it's going slowly, and even if I write something, I wouldn't be able to use it due to the complete lack of players where my dorm is compounded with a "No Cars Allowed." campus rule for all students. Send it by email whenever you feel like it. My email's in my profile. Just click on my name and the fun will begin! WHEEE!