• 81 Replies

hunter4hire

• Newb
  • Datajack is the safest way to go!
« on: <10-16-12/0244:12> »

Hey Everyone! I'm starting an online Shadowrun Game via Skype
dice rolls will be made using http://dicelog.com/dice

Starting Characters have 400bp.

The Games will be held each monday, (2pm-7pm PST) but if the group is busy we might change the day & make it by-weekly.

A bit about the GM:
I'm 36, and I've been playing Shadowrun 1993-2001. This August I picked up the 4rth anniversary edition, and I'm loving it.
I also have the Players Toolkit box, along with 2 sourcebooks. "UNWIRED" and "Runners Black Book"

Some rules:
No technomancers please.
Audio only via skype
Adults only +18

The Story:
A new type of BTL's have hit the streets known as "Enigmus". The word on the street is that they are more powerfull than anything
anyone's ever seen, and repeat usage has a 12% chance of major memory loss, but that's just the start.
Initial Investigation reports is that they originated in London, and have been imported to Seattle like a plague.
Cheap, and now available almost anywhere, these BTL's are what some say, is the new "Virtual Nirvana"
Lonestar is in full force and cracking down on this new epidemic, and the corps are doing what they can to find the source of it all
and possibly capitalize on it.

How to Join:
Post a character here in forums, I'll pick 3 or 4 applicants and we should begin as early as next week.
Those I pick I'll send a pm with my skype username.

Kat9

« Reply #1 on: <10-16-12/0259:21> »
Looks pretty cool, best of luck :)

Hastur

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <10-16-12/0815:51> »
I might be interested if we could push the start time back about 2 hours, I take evening classes on the east coast and won't be fully available until 3:30-4:00 PST.  Also, work is highly variable so I may have to duck out certain weeks.

If you'll take me, I'm working on the character right now.  Prototype is a dwarf hacker, SINNER before the crash, and lost it all after.
« Last Edit: <10-16-12/1825:20> by Hastur »

OFTHEHILLPEOPLE

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <10-16-12/1441:34> »
Gah, I wish I wasn't working.  The story sounds awesome.
Looking for a game (local or online) --Austin, Texas--

Kat9

« Reply #4 on: <10-16-12/1444:30> »
Gah, I wish I wasn't working.  The story sounds awesome.

I know the feeling, I am maxed in campaigns or I'd be right there.

Galonzo

• Newb
  • LFG in the Boston area
« Reply #5 on: <10-16-12/1630:45> »
I'm definitely interested in playing in your campaign. The story sounds like there's more to it than meets the eye, and I like that a lot.
I will post my character asap. Dibs on the muscle :-)
Who doesn't love a troll with a jetpack?

Galonzo

• Newb
  • LFG in the Boston area
« Reply #6 on: <10-17-12/0134:22> »
OK, meet Hatchet, my muscle-and-claw character, built with 400 BP and ready to roll. I took some stuff from books you don't seem to have (namely from Arsenal, Augmentation, and Runner's Companion). Ask if you need specifics.

Name: Hatchet (Eddie Twofeather)

A human boy of Native American descent, Hatchet was sold as a ten-year-old into the stable of a pit fighting kingpin. In the training halls and pits beneath his owner's estate, Hatchet learned to fight, to survive, and to please the crowd. When he showed promise as a fighter combining grace and deadliness, the kingpin began to have Hatchet's body augmented so he would stand a chance in the real fights - the ones to the death.

Hatchet fought for the promise of freedom. If he survived long enough to win 25 fights, the kingpin had told him, he would make him a free man. It took Hatchet many years and a many more corpses to achieve that many victories, but he did it. Yet when he wanted to leave, the kingpin went back on his word. There was money to be made; Hatchet was too valuable for him to just let him walk away.

Hatchet fled the following night, killing several of the kingpin's men who tried to stop him, and went into the shadows to hide from his past. He is a wanted man now, not only for the technology in his body that the kingpin paid for, but also for the stain that Hatchet brought on his former master's reputation.

Metatype:  Human (0 BP)

Qualities (+/-0 BP)
+ Ambidextrous (5 BP)
+ Martial Art: Sangre y Acero (5 BP)
+ Nasty Vibe (5 BP)
+ Restricted Gear: Move-by-Wire (5 BP)
+ Tough as Nails 1 (10 BP)
- Allergy: Silver, medium (+10 BP)
- Poor Self Control: Combat Monster (+10 BP)
- Wanted by Pit Fighting Kingpin (+10 BP)

'ware (225k / 45 BP)
Cyberware:
- Dermal Sheath R.2
- Move-by-wire R.2
Bioware:
- Bone Density Augmentation R.2
- Muscle Toner R.2
- Muscle Augmentation R.2
- Platelet Factories
- Reflex Recorder: Melee Combat Skill Group

Attributes (200 BP)
A 5 (7)
B 4 (6)
R 4 (8 )
S 3 (5)
C 2
I 3
L 2
W 3
Edge 4
Essence 1.1

Skills (136 BP)
- Athletics Skill Group 2
- Automatics 3
- Blades 6 (7)
- Clubs 3 (4)
- Dodge 3 (5)
- Etiquette 1
- Infiltration 3
- Intimidation 2 (5)
- Palming 2
- Perception 3
- Throwing Weapons 2
- Unarmed Combat 1 (2)
Knowledge Skills:
- Anatomy 2
- Battle Drugs 2
- English (native language)
- Flute 2
- Hideouts 2
- Navaho 2
- Pit Fighters 3
- Security Prodecures 2

Martial Arts Maneuvers (4 BP)
- Two Weapon Style
- Iaijutsu [2]
Advantage Sangre y Acero: reduce an opponent's "friends in melee" bonus by 1

Connections (10 BP)
- Fixer 3/2
- Martial Arts Trainer 2/3

Gear: 25k (5 BP)
- Tomahawk (4x) 600
- Cougar Fineblade (Long Blade) 900
- Ceramic Knife 75
- Spear 150
- Throwing Knife (5x) 100
- Phosphor Grenade (2x) 240
- AZ-150 Stun Baton 800

- Ingram Smartgun X 650
  - 100 Rounds Standard 200
  - 100 Rounds Gel 300

- Ares Crusader 700
  - Laser Sight (top-mounted) 100
  - Sound Suppressor 300
  - Concealable Holster 75
  - 100 Rounds Standard 200
  - 100 Rounds Gel 300

- Armor Vest 6/4 600
  - Fire Resistance R.6 600
- Form-Fitting Body Armor (Half-Body) 4/1 900
  - Nonconductivity R.5 1k
- Hatchet's old armor from the Pits (Navaho style; like Padded Leather Armor) 600

- Commlink: Sony Emperor, Iris Orb 1.7k
- Trodes 50
- AR Gloves 250
- Mikro-Transceiver R.3 600
- Fake SIN R.4 4.000
- Fake Licences R.4 (Move-by-Wire, Muscle Toner, Muscle Augm.) 1.2k
- Inline-Skates 100

- Goggles R.4 w/ Low-Light, Image Link, Flare Comp. and Image Magnification 475
- Ear Buds R.1 w/ Spatial Detector 110
- Crowbar 20
- Wire Cutter 25
- Gecko Tape Gloves 250
- Light Sticks (10x) 50
- Survival Kit 100
- Gas Mask 100
- Plastic Handcuffs (20x) 20
- Medkit R.5 500
- Tranq Patch R.5 (x2) 200
- Stim Patch R.4 (x2) 200
- NoPaint (x6) 90
- Guts 100
- Kamikaze 100 (no additional ID w/ mbw)
- Nitro (x2) 100
- Laés-Zigarette (x4) 100
- Lifestyle (low, 2 Months) 4k

PS: I'd be OK with Hastur's request of pushing the start 2 hrs back.

benchdog

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: <10-24-12/0330:12> »
I've been looking to get into Shadowrun for a while now, I've grown bored of normal sword and sorcery, dungeon and dragons, pathfinder types of games. If you will have me, I would love to play, though this WOULD be my first time ever playing and first time creating a character. I'd like to know if you're okay with that before I spend a week pouring over the books non-stop and creating several iterations of a character I wouldn't be playing...

Also, I'm not always so official when I type and speak, I just get in these moods sometimes... I blame my old wizard from pathfinder.

Raiden

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: <10-24-12/0410:37> »
dam would love to, but couldnt make it after 5
speech
Matrix
Actions
Thoughts

LastRose

• Newb
« Reply #9 on: <10-24-12/1636:27> »
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B7IfYmHo3wVmTWhROUdzQ1p6ODQ

I made the character on chummer, and to shorten the amount of space this post takes up I just uploaded my character onto google docs. Though I will warn, I have been looking for a game since around 18 years, ever since I played the sega genesis game of it, then drowned myself into the books of the world. I have yet to actually play a game of it, so I am a certifiable newb.

He is a rigger/adept, though not very rigger like now, more of an assault rifle wielding mechanic, I didn't want to overdo my armor so I just went with something hard to see, and normal to wear out in public. (First time I showed my guy to a friend that I knew that was into shadowrun, he had a 18 ballistics, and 17 impact, also was in a rigger cocoon every second of the day)

Background:

Waking up in his appartment, he rubbed the back of his head a rather large bump seemed to be there, He cursed to himself looking around the appartment, noticing the place had been ransacked. It was rather odd, he felt like he was forgetting something, frowning he looked to the corner of the appartment at the workbench, and tools that were laying around.

'Ah,' he thought to himself realizing what he forgot, "What is my name?"

Having no real ties to anyone except the roommate that seemingly came in every once in a while, lacking anything better then information on his name, and the fact that he seemed to know how to fix drones, he was introduced to a few contacts, and jobs. Finding he was handy with an assault rifle, he seemed rather concerned for his past life though flashbacks always seemed to come to him at random times. Suspicious images giving rather darker images of his past then he wanted to see.

Taking to the streets, a new name replaced his own, Techno-Haze, that was his image now, his new memories, because the past should stay dead....
« Last Edit: <10-26-12/0609:40> by LastRose »

qazcake

• Newb
« Reply #10 on: <10-24-12/1720:19> »
If you got any free spots ill join but durring the session between 6:00-6:15 i eat dinner some times eartyer some times later but i can make most of it.

benchdog

• Newb
« Reply #11 on: <10-24-12/1741:46> »
Figured I might as well roll up a character anyways, I just used Schlendrian Galonzo's approach to this, if you're cool with me joining, and want me to try and use a online character sheet of sort's, I can do that.

Name: Timothy Terry (Skitters)

Background:
Timothy (Timmy, aka Skitters) was never a confident person, even after all of his training he tends to only really see the negative qualities in himself. Raised by an arms dealer, Timmy was taught to wield a weapon as soon as one caught his eye around age 10 and after 9 years of practice, he’s pretty damn good at it if you ask anyone but him.

Hudson Gage,  Timmy’s guardian, realized pretty quickly that he needed to do something to solve Timmy’s confidence issues or he was going to snap in a raging storm of suicidal tendencies. So he did the only thing the gruff brutal arms dealer could think of: push Timmy into the fire. Setting Timmy up with a contact to get some simple jobs, Hudson practically forced Timmy into shadow running.

Timmy took to it pretty well, too. His confidence in his abilities slowly growing , he decides it’s time to leave the house, taking whatever gear Hudson would allow him to, Timmy, going by the alias “Skitters” went out into the shadows.

Metatype: Human (+0BP)

Qualities: (+10BP)
Aptitude: Longarms (+10BP)

Augmentations: (34k/7BP)
Cyberware:
Cyber eyes (R3. Standard w/ Smartlink, Low-light Vision, Vision Mag) (4000)
Integrated  Fairlight Caliban Commlink (Response: 4, Signal 5, Firewall: 4, System: 4)(14000)
Bioware:
Muscle Toner (r2) (10k)

Attributes: (+195BP)
B 3
A 6(8)
R 4
S 3
C 2
I 4
L 2
W 2
Edge 2
Essence 5.2

Skills: (+172BP)
Active Skills:
4 Armorer (Firearms +2)
1 Dodge
4 Escape Artist
4 Etiquette
4 Gymnastics (Jumping +2)
4 Infiltration (Urban +2)
7 Longarms (Sniper Rifles +2)
4 Perception (Visual +2)
4 Tracking (Urban +2)
4 Unarmed Combat
Knowledge Skills:
4 Classic Cartoons (Interest)
4 Engineering (Profession)
6 Longarms Design
Language Skills:
N English
2 German
2 Japanese

Contacts (+13BP)
Fixer 2/1
Hudson Gage (Armorer) 4/6

Gear (7700/2BP)
-Armored Vest 6/4
-FN HAR Assault Rifle (1050)
     -Gas-Vent 2 System
     -Lasersight
     -10 Explosive Rounds
-Walther MA-2100 Sniper Rifle (5050)
     -Smartgun System, Internal
     -Explosive Rounds
-100 Extra Exploding Rounds (Assault Rifle, 500)
-100 Extra Explosive Rounds (Sniper Rifle, 500)

-Low Life-Style 2 Months
-Fake SIN r.3
-Fake License: Muscle Toner r.4

Galonzo

• Newb
  • LFG in the Boston area
« Reply #12 on: <10-25-12/1435:40> »
So, that's at least three players ready to run. Now we only need word from hunter4hire (and maybe a little magical support...).

@LastRose Nice approach with the adept/mechanic. I haven't seen that before. You might want to look up though if betaware is available during character creation. AFAIK it's not.

Raiden

• Omae
« Reply #13 on: <10-25-12/1627:58> »
just a passerby, but unless the gm house rules it, I do not think its available at chargen, even with a restricted quality. by RAW at least
speech
Matrix
Actions
Thoughts

yellowsnow666

• Newb
« Reply #14 on: <10-25-12/2021:23> »
hey man im a 3rd edition gm looking to get back into just running the shadows under a gm im very intrested in this prospect iv nvr done a skype run and it seems intreasting i have a nasty hermetic that i would enjoy seeing transfered over to 4th edition. If your intrested please email me.