NEWS

Fantasy/Sci-fi RPG Avatars

• 38 Replies

GiraffeShaman

• Omae
  • Devourer of Salads
« Reply #15 on: <06-19-13/1713:43> »
Okay Emsquared, I have one, but it may be challenging to get what I'm looking for. No worries if it's too difficult. What I'm really looking for is to capture a certain movement of the head or body, used to reveal some sort of lack of humanity, or alieness, so that I can show it to my GM in preparation for a character I'm about to run. To be specific, this character  uses these alien, robotic, or birdlike movements for intimidation. Much of the time he looks fairly normal as his cyberware isn't garingly obvious and he has a decent etiquette score.

To explain further, this character is a Human street Sam, former company man. The concept is 3 quarters sam, 1 quarter face. 5'10, slender and wiry. Black hair in a warrior knot. Dressed as corp casual, golf shirt with the dragon, slacks or khakis, and a securetech longcoat. Looks a lot like a corporate yuppie playing at street sam. Long face, gray eyes, higher cheekbones than average. No visible weapons.

I'd love some sort of subtle asian flavor, beyond the warrior knot, but haven't thought of anything yet for the physical description. (he does have as his useless skills Tea Ceremonies and Barrens Noodle Stands) He served Mitsuhama for a decade is why. His actually background was Detroit ganger and former miner. Won a Running Man type contest and got to go work for the Megacorp. Oh yes, he is 38 and probaly has some gray in his hair.

Thanks. :)

emsquared

• Ace Runner
  • Super Perfundo
« Reply #16 on: <06-19-13/1900:32> »
Actually it sounds like it'd be a really easy one, except for the "certain movement of the head or body, used to reveal some sort of lack of humanity" part...

Can you elaborate on that a little more? What are you envisioning?  Just like a "come at me dawg!" type of posture or like he's tweakin' or...?

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #17 on: <06-19-13/2140:21> »
So, instead of my entire current PF campaign group, I decided to do a series of my favorite PCs made/played by the guys I group with, with whom I've participated in 4 Pathfinder campaigns now over about 3 years. I guess two in the series (plus my Dervish above) will be from the current campaign.

From our 2nd campaign, this is Kolgrimr, the womanizing, maul-wielding, weapon-sundering, earth-rending, Ulfen Barbarian.

Why is he in the "Pooping in the woods" pose? :)

mtfeeney = Baron

• Ace Runner
  • I love crunchy numbers
« Reply #18 on: <06-19-13/2152:57> »
In the woods?  Pfft.  Here in China, that's how you do it everywhere.  Home, Pizza Hut, the mall, a temple...  Maybe he's just asian?  Er, nordic-asian?
Remember, you don't have to kill the vehicle to stop it, just kill the guy driving it.

GiraffeShaman

• Omae
  • Devourer of Salads
« Reply #19 on: <06-20-13/0535:45> »
Actually it sounds like it'd be a really easy one, except for the "certain movement of the head or body, used to reveal some sort of lack of humanity" part...

Can you elaborate on that a little more? What are you envisioning?  Just like a "come at me dawg!" type of posture or like he's tweakin' or...?
Heheh, part of the problem for me is that I'm having trouble even putting it into words. I definitely don't think it's either of those. He's supposed to be a professional type and both of those seem wrong for him.

The idea is that he is fairly good at blending in and looking like a good little corper. But when he needs to intimidate he'll reveal that he's not, that he something more machine than Human. Maybe even play it up with a robotic voice, even though he doesn't have such a voice really. I guess I'm picturing his head tilting at a strange angle as he leans forward. For some reasons I'm a aso picturing that bird creature on the cover of Stephen King's The Stand.

but that doesn't really make much sense as he looks very Human mostly. His cyber are mostly reaction boosters and the like, if that helps. No  cyber limbs, skulls, dermal, bone lacing, or anything really obvious to plain sight. He does has very low essence though. So that is the problem I'm facing I guess. How does a person reveal low essence as an intimidation tactic? It's obvious if you have a cyberskull, heheh or black metal arms, heheh.

Edited to add, I just had a thought. Agent Smith of the Matrix might be a good inspiration.

Hmm, also added, I did a search of Agent Smith Neck and came up with this discussion of famous neck crackings. I'm not sure that's exactly what I'm going for, but it might be something to go off. The problem with a neck cracking is it seems to be a signal for a fight about to happen. The point with this character is to avoid fights by revealing to normal corpers they are dealing with something alien and frightening.

http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/archive/index.php/t-270446.html
« Last Edit: <06-20-13/0611:06> by GiraffeShaman »

emsquared

• Ace Runner
  • Super Perfundo
« Reply #20 on: <06-20-13/1016:32> »
Why is he in the "Pooping in the woods" pose? :)
He doesn't have pants on, so I had hoped it'd be obvious he's about to drop a deuce.

@GiraffeShaman, alright I'll give it a go.

emsquared

• Ace Runner
  • Super Perfundo
« Reply #21 on: <06-21-13/1305:59> »
Mostly just did this one because I'd never tried a riding pose, there's some proportion issues on the rider and awkward posing too (plus the image quality losses through photobucket are irksome), really the saddle is the only thing worth much, but yeah... still wanted to share it.

emsquared

• Ace Runner
  • Super Perfundo
« Reply #22 on: <06-25-13/1503:44> »
Latest work, I think it turned out pretty good.

Giraffe, I'm assuming since you haven't replied to my PM that you're no longer interested?

GiraffeShaman

• Omae
  • Devourer of Salads
« Reply #23 on: <06-26-13/1440:22> »
Oh, I'm sorry Em, I'm really lazy about checking my messages here. I am still interested what you can come up with. I should warn you though we just had a yet another huge diseaster of a shadowrun and I'm not sure if I'll get to play the character again. (3 people with deadly wounds. One alive only because he was a mage on the astral the whole run. Short version, GM being very liberal with stun grenades, heheh. My character was saved by elementals and Docwagon, but the other two were captured and tortured to death by MTC goons)

So yeah, it's up in the air if I'll get to play this guy again. But I am curious what you can come up with. So, give it a shot if you have the time, but it's not as presssing an issue now. :)

emsquared

• Ace Runner
  • Super Perfundo
« Reply #24 on: <06-28-13/1146:55> »
Wanted to put up the avatar I came up with from GiraffeS's PC description since he liked it. Didn't end up doing much regarding the head gesture or posture (couldn't come up with anything that looked very good), instead just went for a kind-of dead expression.

This took me maybe 20 minutes, so if anyone has something else they'd like to have, I'm open to concepts.
« Last Edit: <08-21-13/1618:31> by emsquared »

emsquared

• Ace Runner
  • Super Perfundo
« Reply #25 on: <08-06-13/1820:52> »
Created an updated avatar of my PC from our Pathfinder campaign... he's now 12th Level.

emsquared

• Ace Runner
  • Super Perfundo
« Reply #26 on: <08-08-13/1307:08> »
Got an avatar request from All4BigGuns, and here is his Paladin of Iomedae.

emsquared

• Ace Runner
  • Super Perfundo
« Reply #27 on: <08-10-13/0129:25> »
Got my most detailed avatar request yet from MuscularBevar for his Pixie PC:
He is short (half a meter) has large orange and black butterflyesque vestigial wings. his complextion is dark tan almost brown (one olive, one brown parent. dark caramel??) and he has Dark brown hair in dreadlocks that reach the middle of his back and a short but full beard. he also has tattoos acros much of his upper body. his features look somewhat aboriginal (heavy brow, wide flat nose) He tends to dress down scale, prefering overalls or a singlet and jeans and rarely wears something with sleeves. has some oranamentation in his hair and a couble of wooden/bead braclets, Wears heavy work boots. Has biker stlye heavy skull rings and has two large tribal style piercings in his ears. the tattos are mostly polynesian tribal designs.

The hair was a challenge on this guy, Heromachine doesn't have much for dreads, but I'm really happy with how it turned out and I think Bevar is too. Enjoy.

emsquared

• Ace Runner
  • Super Perfundo
« Reply #28 on: <01-17-14/1415:01> »
Here's an avatar made for CrazyIvan, of his street-sammy.

I also went through some of the older avatars in this thread and linked to their updated, shadowed/highlighted versions if you want to go take another look at 'em. They're more purdy now.
« Last Edit: <01-17-14/1422:18> by emsquared »

emsquared

• Ace Runner
  • Super Perfundo
« Reply #29 on: <01-18-14/2027:08> »
Here's a little sumpin'-sumpin' I've had sitting on the back-burner for awhile... I'm not 100% satisfied with it, but the atmosphere is right, and that's the main point of it.

Register