NEWS

Tell Me More About Lofwyr

• 33 Replies

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #15 on: <09-24-12/1610:35> »
The problem isn't that it's a great life so long as you succeed. It's that you don't know the rules, and they change on a whim because you are literally no more important to him than chess pieces. Actually, he probably has chess pieces that are worth more than most of his employees but doesn't care unless they serve him a purpose right now or in his future.

Lofwyr needs depth, yeah. He's less of a character these days and more of an ideal, a perfect cold-hearted machine that makes profit and crushes those who oppose it. To what ends? For what goal? Why, to make more money and to crush people, of course.
That makes for a great faceless agenda, but a shitty character. It doesn't help that I've consistently seen for years this belief that he should never lose, and the abject horror from some people at the idea.  ::)

I kinda wonder about his personal beliefs and philosophy... what goes on inside his head? What makes him tick? Has he ever sired any children? I mean, he's a Great Dragon, and the Loremaster, so you'd think he'd be rollin' in dragon tail, but, have we ever seen that? We know that he *does* have a heart ... the infamous Firewings incident shows that, but does he care for anyone, or anything, other than himself? That, I dunno.
He probably did ... as an Adult (so, millennia ago). In Survival of the Fittest, he assumed that he and Hestaby were both too old to mate. Clearly that has changed in regards to Hestaby, but I doubt Lofwyr see children who'd be raised by another Great anyway, as anything of value.

I mean, Ghostwalker's offspring include, IIRC, the twins Vestrivan and Vasdenjas (One Great, one Not), and they meant nothing to him.

He's also interesting in that he's not the most physically powerful dragon (That probably goes to Sirrug), nor is he the most powerful magician (Hestaby, Ghostwalker, and Lung are in the running, there), nor is he seen as the wisest ... but he's probably the *smartest*. Makes me wonder if he isn't a dragon-nerd, always picked on when younger who took the time to make a battle plan, bulked himself up like Carrot Top, and then came out as Lowfyr 2.0 to get over on the ones who used to make his life miserable.

Kaltenstein is the most physically powerful, others (Hestaby, Ghostwalker) are better magicians.
« Last Edit: <09-24-12/1637:58> by James Meiers »

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #16 on: <09-24-12/1948:24> »
Nerd Great Dragons scare me.

Look at the Nerd Angel in Supernatural!!!
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #17 on: <09-24-12/2002:29> »
Instead of Lofwyr, I'd actually like to learn more about Schwartzkopf and Damon. One is a scholar who is helping teach the Young Races about magic, and the other is a party animal, and certainly seems like the most fun of the dragons to be around.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #18 on: <09-24-12/2014:10> »
That's it!  Damon and Harley in a drinking contest!

Bets people, let's see where your money is on this trial of the champions!!!

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #19 on: <09-24-12/2052:53> »
I gotta go with Damon on this one. Harley may have an insane tolerance, but you gotta figure in Damon's larger mass. Personally, I'd love to see what would happen if Damon, Harlequin, and Perianwyr decided to get together and paint the town red after a bender at one of Peri's clubs.

My Characters

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #20 on: <09-25-12/0407:03> »
I'd hate to be one of the muggers that decide those 3 drunk-looking people walking past your dark alley will make easy targets!

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #21 on: <09-25-12/1344:12> »
I'd hate to be one of the muggers that decide those 3 drunk-looking people walking past your dark alley will make easy targets!
I'd love to be the one writing about them, however!  ;D

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #22 on: <09-25-12/1459:20> »
I'd love to be the one writing about them, however!  ;D
Then write it. Or have you just gotten lazy now that you've been in a game? ;)

My Characters

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #23 on: <09-25-12/1823:11> »
I can neither confirm, nor deny, that I may, or may not, be busy at the moment, or in the near future.

All I have to say on the subject is that "The Marshmallow and the Onion are in cahoots, but the Dentists are the ones who will choose the winner."

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Black

• Ace Runner
  • Rocking the Shadows since 1990
« Reply #24 on: <09-25-12/1834:51> »
I can neither confirm, nor deny, that I may, or may not, be busy at the moment, or in the near future.

All I have to say on the subject is that "The Marshmallow and the Onion are in cahoots, but the Dentists are the ones who will choose the winner."

Ahhhhh.... a code.... 

So who is the Marshmallow and the Onion and the Dentists...  Marshmallows are white (normally), marshmallow man was in ghostbuster... Could be Ghostwalker.

Onions have layers... could be a Shrek reference, Orges appear mean and brutish and selfish, but they have layers... could be Lowfyr...

Dentist pull teeth...  bit of a leap... but perhaps Shadowrunners?  The guys who will pull the teeth of the dragons?

Soooo.....

"Ghostwalker and Lowfyr are in cahoots, but the Shadowrunners are the ones who will choose the winner."

Nice... look forward to the campaign book CanRay.  Should be pretty cool.
Perception molds reality
Change perception and reality will follow
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4+hb+++B?UB+IE+W+sa+m-gmM--P

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #25 on: <09-25-12/2334:37> »

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #26 on: <09-26-12/0145:21> »
ShadowBronies still scare me.

And, sorry Black, but you're way off.  ;D

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Katrex

• Chummer
« Reply #27 on: <09-26-12/0303:57> »
Deep down I think he just wants a hug.

rasmusnicolaj

• Omae
  • Не бойся смерти
« Reply #28 on: <09-26-12/0547:12> »
Deep down I think he just wants a hug.

Done deal

Rasmus
Deplore killings made in the name of religion. Can't it just be for fun?

Walder

« Reply #29 on: <09-26-12/0915:19> »
I swore I read a rumor about Lofwyr having children. Something about a Jackpoint poster saying it takes 50 years for dragon eggs to mature, and Lofwyr made his nest in the Tir Tan fifty years ago, or whatever.