NEWS

Remote Operation specialization question

• 4 Replies

Xith

• Newb
« on: <09-14-12/1218:31> »
Does the Remote Operation specialization apply to VR and AR both?  Or only to AR?

Seems there are 2 schools to this.. 

Is there ANY clarification to this in the rulebooks..  I can't find ANYTHING   =(

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks in advance!

-Xith

Henzington

• Omae
  • Stun rounds+Edge=Lethal
« Reply #1 on: <09-14-12/1245:16> »
I would say give it to both as remote operation is already worse then being jumped in given the bonus you also recieve from a control rig if you jump in.
Whenever I am at a loss for I should do, I ask myself what would Michael Weston do?

acolyte99

« Reply #2 on: <09-14-12/1444:43> »
AFAIK you can remote control via VR and with that I don't mean jumped-in.

In AR remote-control means your comlink and its Command program  projects "control instruments" in front of you and you use your AR glove to manipulate them and your cybereyes or AR goggles to see them.
 In VR  your comlink and its Command program  create a whole "control environment" with the instruments around you and you use them and get the +2 for using VR.

With this interpretation I would say Remote Operation specialization would be used in everything you roll with remote control (so Command + Pilot).

It's unfortunate that they didn't use the words Remote Control for the specialization.

I would think that jumped-in (being the vehicle) and remote control (manipulating an AR or VR steering wheel etc.) are very different and that you could add a jumped-in specialization if you as the GM would want to. But I don't think you can use both with the same specialization.

Xith

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <09-15-12/1126:03> »
So..

Jumped in = not modified by Remote Op Spec

AR/VR via command = modified by Remote Op Spec

Is this the general consensus?

-Xith

Halancar

• Chummer
« Reply #4 on: <09-15-12/1257:29> »
That's how I read it.