NEWS

Multiple Vehicles

• 73 Replies

DarkLloyd

• Ace Runner
  • Stupidity this Good takes TEAMWORK.
« Reply #60 on: <09-15-12/1201:46> »
The jammer part will still work.........
Runing the shadows since '90
If you can't Dazzle them with STYLE, Riddle them with BULLETS.
"Sometimes we do the right thing.  Sometimes we shoot people in the face for money."-CanRay
"Sometimes those are the same thing."-Mirikon

Missions Characters:
ChromeMonger - Sam
Blanco Diablo - Adept

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #61 on: <09-15-12/1219:33> »
I see hack hack hack hack, is there no way for average joe hotwire a car anymore?
Sure, as long as Average Joe can afford a Vending Machine Commlink.
I suddenly miss the days of

"Crack open steering column, hotwire start the car, put a jammer on the dash, run like fuck to the nearest barrens."
Don't get me started.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Mad Hamish

• Chummer
« Reply #62 on: <09-18-12/2336:29> »
different vehicles are more suitable for different tasks
you really don't want to try and work with a cycle gang while riding a dodge scoot, while a hog of a cycle might not be best for any interaction with corp people.
Cars and vans make it easier to carry large weapons (or for kidnapping jobs)

and a T-bird is a bit conspicuous to go to the corner store and buy some soymilk...

Aelavel

« Reply #63 on: <10-03-12/1000:57> »
The hard part is finding a place to keep them. Since my GM is having us be a security shadowrun corp team, I usually keep the heavy duty vehicles at the corp motor pool. Eventually, all my Fake SINs will have a place, so I'll try to keep a different vehicle there.

ArkangelWinter

• Omae
  • A thing need not exist to be real
« Reply #64 on: <10-03-12/1138:25> »
The hard part is finding a place to keep them. Since my GM is having us be a security shadowrun corp team, I usually keep the heavy duty vehicles at the corp motor pool. Eventually, all my Fake SINs will have a place, so I'll try to keep a different vehicle there.

Don't keep them all in the same place; stash them with relatives, loyal contacts, girlfriends, barrens buildings (with automated defenses, obviously). You want to always be able to switch out no matter the neighborhood, and you don't want one good KE raid to destroy a million nuyen's worth of vehicles and drones.

beowulf_of_wa

• Omae
  • just say no to rotary assault cannons and bubba.
« Reply #65 on: <10-03-12/1210:44> »
different vehicles are more suitable for different tasks
you really don't want to try and work with a cycle gang while riding a dodge scoot, while a hog of a cycle might not be best for any interaction with corp people.
Cars and vans make it easier to carry large weapons (or for kidnapping jobs)

and a T-bird is a bit conspicuous to go to the corner store and buy some soymilk...

rereading this makes me want to take my t-bird thru the drive thru at jack-in-the-bell.
Carpe Noctem (seize the night)
Carpe per Diem (seize the pay), Carpe Dentum (seize the teeth), Carpe Denim (seize the pants)
Carpe Panem (seize the bread/capital)

no, i won't "just get over it."

NERPS!! for idiocy! NERPS!! for the minty fresh feeling! NERPS!! for gods! NERPS!! for guard duty!

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #66 on: <10-03-12/1754:34> »
Don't keep them all in the same place; stash them with relatives, loyal contacts, girlfriends, barrens buildings (with automated defenses, obviously). You want to always be able to switch out no matter the neighborhood, and you don't want one good KE raid to destroy a million nuyen's worth of vehicles and drones.
If you're in a rural environment (Rather than just Seattle), abandoned farms are everywhere (even today), an old barn can hold a lot of gear.

In Seattle, abandoned factories and warehouses (With automated defenses or a drone-only security "company", gotta wash that money somehow.).

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Aelavel

« Reply #67 on: <10-04-12/0532:18> »
Couple of ideas I had was like an old service station, with like 2 or 3 repair stalls, or an old car dealership, or maybe an old firehouse...

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #68 on: <10-04-12/0611:08> »
Couple of ideas I had was like an old service station, with like 2 or 3 repair stalls, or an old car dealership, or maybe an old firehouse...

How about one of those with a hidden base underneath? ;)
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

beowulf_of_wa

• Omae
  • just say no to rotary assault cannons and bubba.
« Reply #69 on: <10-04-12/1315:06> »
an idea i used for one of my characters was his dayjob was working for a mechanic. plenty of access to various vehicles, if you don't mind the risk of being seen in it by the owner when he knows it's supposed to be on the lift getting a new suspension and subsystems installed. being the hacker for the shop also means he could risk it a bit more and install secondary, tertiary, etc codes into the vehicles computer to allow him access later.

" yeah, bull lives down here, but he brings that hotrod of his to the shop and i installed an extra access, in case i needed to skip town for the rest of my life. i'm guessing it'd take him a day to find the car again, and hopefully more than 20 mins after that to find me."
Carpe Noctem (seize the night)
Carpe per Diem (seize the pay), Carpe Dentum (seize the teeth), Carpe Denim (seize the pants)
Carpe Panem (seize the bread/capital)

no, i won't "just get over it."

NERPS!! for idiocy! NERPS!! for the minty fresh feeling! NERPS!! for gods! NERPS!! for guard duty!

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #70 on: <10-04-12/1715:53> »
  • Name: Brutus
  • Type: Mechanic
  • Use: Vehicular modifications
  • Active: No
  • Connection: 3
  • Max Starting Loyalty:  4
  • Specialties:  Rigging, Vehicular Modifications, Cascade Ork, Ork Underground, Metroplex Boundaries
  • Notes: Brutus, an ork, used to smuggle between Seattle and the Cascade Ork back in the late '40s, early '50s.  He got enough to buy an old drive-in movie theatre, refurbish the back-to-back screens, and re-grade- and -pave the 2km long racing trench that loops around the perimeter.  The 410 MegaTwin draws a large number of non-shadowrunning vehicle modders who like to show off their stuff, and it is recognized neutral ground for a number of local Seattle gangs and go-gangs.  Rumor has it that Brutus keeps the peace by way of a heavily-armed crawler drone sitting on the top of the big screens, but nobody's managed to spot it.  The 410 MegaTwin -- within the base of the big screens -- houses a highly-illegal shop for vehicular mods, where riggers like to get together while the wannabes gather outside.
       And yes, the 410 MegaTwin shows classic flatscreen vids, just like the old drive-in theaters.
« Last Edit: <05-02-15/0705:51> by The Wyrm Ouroboros »
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #71 on: <10-04-12/1819:44> »
SWEET!  Parking and a show!!!  ;D

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #72 on: <10-04-12/1855:26> »
6¥ per person Friday-Wednesday.  Dark Mondays.  Thursday is 'lot night' - 5¥ for a motorcycle, 10¥ for a car, 25¥ for a truck or van.

200¥ entrance fee to race; speed-bike, chopper, auto, and truck.  Single-elimination racing, the evening's winner in each class splits the class's entry fees with the house.  Lots of Hyundai Shin-Hyungs, Yamaha Rapiers, that sort of 'civvie wannabe' / ganger thing.  No side bets over 1000¥ allowed; no odds better than 10:1.

Good place to get some petty cash, but generally no rigger who uses the actual shop races the wannabes.
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #73 on: <10-04-12/1904:01> »
6¥ per person Friday-Wednesday.  Dark Mondays.  Thursday is 'lot night' - 5¥ for a motorcycle, 10¥ for a car, 25¥ for a truck or van.

200¥ entrance fee to race; speed-bike, chopper, auto, and truck.  Single-elimination racing, the evening's winner in each class splits the class's entry fees with the house.  Lots of Hyundai Shin-Hyungs, Yamaha Rapiers, that sort of 'civvie wannabe' / ganger thing.  No side bets over 1000¥ allowed; no odds better than 10:1.

Good place to get some petty cash, but generally no rigger who uses the actual shop races the wannabes.

So minimal chance of seeing a Hotspur racing next to a Gopher, eh?
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me