NEWS

Arkham City Metroplex (Help!)

• 46 Replies

MrParaduo

• Newb
« Reply #30 on: <12-27-14/1001:47> »
Or what about fishtanks containing genetically modified specimens meant to mimic the qualities of metahuman flesh, blood, and essence, thus providing family-friendly sustenance for the Infected. Only they don't look like the fish they show in the infomercials.

BetaCAV

• Omae
  • 2-legged devil rat
« Reply #31 on: <12-27-14/1105:26> »
Gothic style castle, natch. Plenty of gargoyles there, with modern bullet proof windows and security systems, including the living walls to keep the horrors in
Not horrors, "Elder Gods".

MrParaduo

• Newb
« Reply #32 on: <12-27-14/2240:56> »
Maybe even bring a new fashion-trend for residents of the arcology, like a newagey Victorian-style?

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #33 on: <12-28-14/0207:31> »
Run Faster did bring in the Squid Face (Cephalopod Skull) so "Surged" people being really similar looking to Deep Ones and Starspawns of C may in reality be something much worse.
Dive into Aetherology and discover there actually is (or believed to be) a metaplane with the Elder Gods (one of the short stories)
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

MrParaduo

• Newb
« Reply #34 on: <12-29-14/1416:07> »
I'm thinking of having a Magus from the IoND opening a chapter house here--the Silver Twilight Lodge? Would it be appropriate to have Knight Errant act as security, with an academy specializing in counter-awakened terrorism/crime?

Also, when handling the local Matrix, what should I focus on detailing?

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #35 on: <12-29-14/1545:05> »
I'm thinking of having a Magus from the IoND opening a chapter house here--the Silver Twilight Lodge? Would it be appropriate to have Knight Errant act as security, with an academy specializing in counter-awakened terrorism/crime?

Also, when handling the local Matrix, what should I focus on detailing?

They would probably have a separate host, protected by either on-site spiders or a contracted off-site spider.  The theme, appearance, etc. is completely up to you.  IoND isn't about scaring people off though - they'd probably have a very friendly and professional appearance.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

MrParaduo

• Newb
« Reply #36 on: <12-30-14/1056:46> »
Okay then, now onto them there critters of yore. I'm thinking Zoogs should be spirits of some kind, considering they only appeared in the Dreamlands, along with nightgaunts and gugs. Byakhee would be a cool thing to showcase at a parazoo, a creature that can survive in the vacuum of space, but suffers from ultraviolet radiation. Perhaps its infected?

Also, what would you expect to see at a place called Darke's Carnival? Maybe an all infected staff of carnies?

MijRai

• Ace Runner
  • Kane's Understudy
« Reply #37 on: <12-30-14/1102:27> »
Given what byakhee are, I'd say those are spirits too. 
Would you want to go into a place where the resident had a drum-fed shotgun and can see in the dark?

MrParaduo

• Newb
« Reply #38 on: <12-30-14/1406:57> »
Given what byakhee are, I'd say those are spirits too.

Actually, if memory serves right, byakhee aren't supernatural. They're just extraterrestrial, since they can fly through space. That's why they were popular with servants of Hastur--OH SHIT!

*Gregorian Chanting from under the floorboards*

MijRai

• Ace Runner
  • Kane's Understudy
« Reply #39 on: <12-30-14/1924:53> »
They were a servitor race that could also be summoned with magic.  I tend to consider that 'supernatural'. 
Would you want to go into a place where the resident had a drum-fed shotgun and can see in the dark?

MrParaduo

• Newb
« Reply #40 on: <12-30-14/2001:35> »
Fair enough.

MrParaduo

• Newb
« Reply #41 on: <12-31-14/1030:36> »
What kind of security measures should be in place regarding the arc's mostly infected populace?

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #42 on: <12-31-14/1200:27> »
Artificial sunlight walls?  Wards or ivy walls to protect against astral projection?  A staff of security personnel that know the sunlight spells from Street Magic?
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

8-bit

« Reply #43 on: <12-31-14/1235:07> »
Artificial sunlight walls?  Wards or ivy walls to protect against astral projection?  A staff of security personnel that know the sunlight spells from Street Magic?

Also air filters and UV vents, etc. to deal with Mistforms. They also tend to not like artificial UV light (blacklights), although they can stand it.

A staff of Awakened for Assensing purposes would be helpful as well. Weaker Infected are going to stick out like a sore thumb on the Astral Plane. The stronger Infected will have Masking, but that's what all the other precautions would be for.

sidslick

• Newb
« Reply #44 on: <01-01-15/1850:53> »
I've attached a template I use for building cities in Shadowrun, all of which are "real world" so there is plenty of info.  Wikipedia and various travel guides help flesh out the history, various districts and sites of interest.  I've also got some worked examples over in the GM Tools section, if you want to see some worked examples.
Travel the world; meet new people; crush them for all they are worth!