NEWS

Arkham City Metroplex (Help!)

• 46 Replies

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #15 on: <09-07-12/1137:49> »
Or hybrid possessions by Water spirits

Query: hybrid?

Basically a corrupted water elemental with the possession power making "flesh form" elementals........ Like bug spirits do.

I like it. Especislly if these beings date back further than Fourth or even Second World.

Though I'm still not clear on what is meant by 'corrupted' in this case.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #16 on: <09-07-12/1147:55> »
FYI, bugs have the Inhabitation power, not the Possession power. AFAIK, they are the only spirits so far in the Sixth World that have that power. However, it is certainly possible that there are spirit types that have come from some aquatic metaplane that is similarly distant to ours from the bugs' home, and they have only been seen in the deeps. However, most dragons tend to react to Inhabitation spirits in a... quite violent way.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

ArkangelWinter

• Omae
  • A thing need not exist to be real
« Reply #17 on: <09-07-12/1432:11> »
Just make aquatic versions of the invae: water bugs, underwater centipedes, barnacle spirits, etc.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #18 on: <09-07-12/1441:45> »
Or aquatic variants of SURGE...
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

MrParaduo

• Newb
« Reply #19 on: <09-10-12/0729:56> »
Hmm... what about ghouls? Should they have a large presence in the city?

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #20 on: <09-10-12/1053:05> »
Depends on the type of ghoul and the overall goal.

The generic ghoul status is feral, kept in basements to dispose of 'problems' or lurking in the sewers in packs that sometimes surface at night and usually have an 'Alpha' that's not quite as mentally stunted. More mentally-agile ghouls certainly exist, making for some interesting possibilities, like a 'Ghoul Town' community, but larger ones have one huge problem ... where to get enough food to live? It's one thing for an 8-ghoul pack to bring down an adult every three days or so, quite another when you have a sleepy New England village of 500 Ghouls that will need three meals a day.

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #21 on: <09-10-12/1057:34> »

The generic ghoul status is feral, kept in basements to dispose of 'problems' or lurking in the sewers in packs that sometimes surface at night and usually have an 'Alpha' that's not quite as mentally stunted. More mentally-agile ghouls certainly exist, making for some interesting possibilities, like a 'Ghoul Town' community, but larger ones have one huge problem ... where to get enough food to live? It's one thing for an 8-ghoul pack to bring down an adult every three days or so, quite another when you have a sleepy New England village of 500 Ghouls that will need three meals a day.

Ah, but that's where you leverage people's fear of the Shedim to your advantage. A body can't be reanimated if it's been processed and packaged as Hannibal's Long Pork Selects (Just the thing with fava beans and chanti;)), it's cheaper than sending them to those expensive, warded cemeteries, and more profitable than cremation.

Get hospitals/morgues to offer money "to help with the departed's final expenses, avoid a costly funeral, and help those poor, stricken souls who have been afflicted with HMHVV" if people will sell them the bodies of their deceased relatives, then sell the butchered meat to the Ghouls at a profit. Fill in the rest with any unclaimed bodies, all the dead SINless, and the "leftovers" after a body that has been donated to Science is done with. Yeah, feral ghouls will get rid of them for free, but "civilized" ghouls will pay you for the privilege

Since each ghoul only actually needs to eat 1% of their body-weight per week in human flesh, and are still intelligent enough to supplement that with normal food instead of going totally cannibalistic, that should be plenty to keep a small sub-population in metahuman flesh.
« Last Edit: <09-10-12/1113:06> by JustADude »
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

MrParaduo

• Newb
« Reply #22 on: <09-11-12/1029:19> »

Ah, but that's where you leverage people's fear of the Shedim to your advantage. A body can't be reanimated if it's been processed and packaged as Hannibal's Long Pork Selects (Just the thing with fava beans and chanti;)), it's cheaper than sending them to those expensive, warded cemeteries, and more profitable than cremation.

Get hospitals/morgues to offer money "to help with the departed's final expenses, avoid a costly funeral, and help those poor, stricken souls who have been afflicted with HMHVV" if people will sell them the bodies of their deceased relatives, then sell the butchered meat to the Ghouls at a profit. Fill in the rest with any unclaimed bodies, all the dead SINless, and the "leftovers" after a body that has been donated to Science is done with. Yeah, feral ghouls will get rid of them for free, but "civilized" ghouls will pay you for the privilege

Since each ghoul only actually needs to eat 1% of their body-weight per week in human flesh, and are still intelligent enough to supplement that with normal food instead of going totally cannibalistic, that should be plenty to keep a small sub-population in metahuman flesh.

Dude, you're a goddamn genius. I love you so much right now!

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #23 on: <09-11-12/1721:47> »
Dude, you're a goddamn genius. I love you so much right now!

I know, right? ;D

But, seriously, thanks!

My first RPG wasn't D&D like most people. It was oWoD... and not a mopey emofest game with everything hand-waved via Rule of Cool, either. The way we played, we had appropriately realistic and Machiavellian mechanisms to explain everything. After figuring out how to covertly finance and hide the construction of a massively fortified underground sanctum full of a non-reactive gas, this was easy.
« Last Edit: <09-11-12/1724:41> by JustADude »
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

MrParaduo

• Newb
« Reply #24 on: <09-12-12/0750:48> »
Lucky bastard. I never got to play oWoD. My first game was Changeling: the Lost (love it, btw.)

Getting back on track: if we're going Arkham, we've gotta have an Asylum. So, what would be some things to keep in mind when making it? Should it be company funded?

ArkangelWinter

• Omae
  • A thing need not exist to be real
« Reply #25 on: <09-12-12/0911:04> »

Getting back on track: if we're going Arkham, we've gotta have an Asylum. So, what would be some things to keep in mind when making it? Should it be company funded?

Worse, re-purposed as something else. Maybe an AR Club, a civic building, or as the core of an arkology, and the new inhabitants are still stuck with the BGC, free spirits, and Matrix phenomena.

Or keep using it as a multi-corp-sponsored "world's largest nuthouse."

MrParaduo

• Newb
« Reply #26 on: <12-26-14/1550:27> »
That is not dead which can eternal lie, yet with strange aeons even threaded death may die. By the power of Shedim, I resurrect thee! >x3

Been a long time, but I wanted to get professional skill in a project of old. Since it's a little crazy (pun intended) to make a metroplex right next door to the already mighty Boston, what would need to happen to turn the city into a flavorful arcology that's keeping in spirit with such a place as witch-cursed, legend-haunted Arkham? I really liked the idea with making ghouls relevant. Maybe it involves study of the HMHVV? Along with teaching of (questionable) arcane lore, or have an impressive observatory?

MijRai

• Ace Runner
  • Kane's Understudy
« Reply #27 on: <12-26-14/1751:56> »
The Arkham Arcology, an institution for studying the various dangerous paranormal phenomena amongst metahumanity?  Throw in some labs for DIMR, the Draco Foundation, etc, and you could do blood mages and toxics as well as an Infected commune! 
Would you want to go into a place where the resident had a drum-fed shotgun and can see in the dark?

MrParaduo

• Newb
« Reply #28 on: <12-26-14/1903:03> »
The Arkham Arcology, an institution for studying the various dangerous paranormal phenomena amongst metahumanity?  Throw in some labs for DIMR, the Draco Foundation, etc, and you could do blood mages and toxics as well as an Infected commune!
Beautiful! And most of the construction work could be given to the infected for a cheap source of labor. Meanwhile, a cult of Merrows and shamans work in the Innsmouth sector underground (fish farming and ore refining)--when really they serve the Sea Dragon, and are digging a rail-line to the devil reef colony off the east coast--BUT WAIT!! The shamans are secretly being corrupted to see Hydra and Dagon as mentor spirits, when really they're serving the Shedim! >xD

Edit: the arcology would also have to be something other than a pyramid. Maybe a gothic structure comprised of black spires and domes, where gargoyles (both statue and critter) loom over the passing populace.
« Last Edit: <12-26-14/1904:53> by MrParaduo »

Spooky

• Omae
  • If you run, you'll only die tired.
« Reply #29 on: <12-27-14/0053:18> »
Gothic style castle, natch. Plenty of gargoyles there, with modern bullet proof windows and security systems, including the living walls to keep the horrors in
Spooky, what do you do this pass? Shoot him with my thunderstruck gauss rifle. (Rolls)  8 hits. Does that blow his head off?