NEWS

Silly Ruthian Coating question?

• 4 Replies

JmOz01

• Omae
« on: <08-30-12/2205:51> »
Can you use a Ruthian Coating to assist in disguise as well, for instance to change the color of your jumpsuit to a different companies? or would you also need color changing?

Glyph

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <08-31-12/0125:26> »
I don't see why not - the Second Skin armor has a ruthenium polymer coating option, which is used to do things like make the opaque parts of the suit transparent, or to display signs and logos.  You would probably need to subscribe your suit to your PAN and have some relevant datafiles of colors, logos, etc. to do it, though.

JmOz01

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <08-31-12/0708:19> »
Of course,

My idea, other than what I call Predator mode, is to use it with my Urban Combat Jumpsuit, and motorcycle, to use it to change into different Bike Messangers during chases (There looking for someone in black, but now I am a delivery service that is in bright red)

JmOz01

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <09-01-12/1417:23> »
Another question, anyone know why you can't apply it to melee weapons?  Would it just get to damaged by use?  That makes little sense to me as armor would also take a beating IMO...

TheNarrator

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <09-01-12/2128:08> »
Well, armor only takes a beating if you get hit, which is something that you need to be prepared for but will presumably be trying to avoid. A melee weapon is intended to be smacked into things on a regular basis.

But, where does it say that a melee weapon can't be reutheniumed? The Chameleon Coating weapon mod in Arsenal doesn't say anything like that.

If it is the case, however... get a gun with chameleon coating and melee hardening. Then hit people with the butt of the gun. (Get a bayonet if you use Blades instead of Clubs.)