NEWS

Going to a Missions Game for the First Time

• 2 Replies

insomn14

• Newb
« on: <08-22-12/1115:29> »
Hi everyone,

I'm going to be going to my first SR Missions (season 4) game next weekend at Dragon*Con and just want to make sure there isn't anything I'm missing.  I've got a character and dice obviously, but is there anything else I should make sure I have on hand.  Obviously, this being a con game I don't really want to be carrying around a lot, but I figured with a satchel I should be able to carry around paperwork without too much issue.

Also, normally I would play with my laptop with my character sheet on it and, while that may work at home, I don't think that'll work at the con with my low battery life.  So if anyone can point me at a comprehensive character sheet, that would help as well.

lurkeroutthere

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <08-22-12/1121:00> »
Have you considered putting your character into Chummer and printing it off from there? The sheets it produces are fairly comprehensive.

http://chummergen.com/
"And if the options are "talk to him like a grown up" versus "LOLOLOL murder him in his face until he doesn't come back," I know which suggestion I'm making." - Critias

No team I'm on has ever had a problem with group think.

Teknodragon

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <08-24-12/0406:03> »
I also highly suggest writing/typing up a 'common dice pools' sheet, such as social, weapons used by your character, magic (if any), hacking, composure. Perception with and without the various mods one might have.

Another thing I tend to do is mark what gear is used/worn by default, and what 'ware (if any) is DNI, versus linked to (one of) my comlink(s).

A notepad is very useful; good for writing down mission objectives, places, names, payment, reminders for when the GM says, '+1 karma!' on the spot for something awesome you did.

Have your contacts worked up as more than just a job description. Name, Metatype, specialties, and I often-cut-paste the generic's stat block out of one of the books.

A spare pencil or two, with good erasers. People forget, and it gives me warm fuzzies even in home games to be able to supply someone with what they need.

If your characters have 'unusual' abilities-- Raptor cyberlegs, SURGE qualities, spells that every other mage doesn't have-- have a quick reference for those, including book and page number. Three pages of cheat-sheets are much faster to search through than four books (unless a pdf is available at the table).

Happy gaming!
Life is short, the night is long, and we still have ammo.