NEWS

Technomancer (first one) creation... using "Chummer Character Creator"

• 29 Replies

Wolfman

• Newb
  • I'm in your commlink, stealing your paydata
« Reply #15 on: <08-07-12/2121:03> »
Allright, perfect!
Now, if we keep it with the Tron (or even Reboot) references... can you explain again about the Complex Forms and What should I take considering the skillset I have?

Here's the link again, just in case...
We have to keep in mind that the kid was raised to serve a (very dark/nwo/world changing) purpose...

ArkangelWinter

• Omae
  • A thing need not exist to be real
« Reply #16 on: <08-07-12/2202:32> »
     For a cinematic example, in the most recent Tron, Clu was probably a sprite that the main character lost control of (my take anyway).

Likely corrupted by the Dissonance.

Wolfman

• Newb
« Reply #17 on: <08-07-12/2203:20> »
Awh crap... another thing now...
OK, what's the dissonance?

ArkangelWinter

• Omae
« Reply #18 on: <08-07-12/2210:04> »
The Matrix is inhabited by The Resonance and Resonance-powered beings, like sprites and technomancers. Just like magic has an alternate, Corruption, Resonance has Dissonance. Dissonance sprites and technomancers tend have dark and often insane goals, like taking over the Matrix, deleting all knowledge, or corrupting sprites, files, and technomancers for no other purpose than spreading Dissonance.

Unlike Magic and Corrupt Magic, the Resonance and Dissonance are more or less at war in the Deep Matrix and the Resonance realms.

Wolfman

• Newb
« Reply #19 on: <08-07-12/2212:11> »
Oh ok... so the basic "good/evil" thing...
So I choose to get 2 Complex Forms... Exploit and Stealth, both rating 3...
Do I need to start with Sprites or do they already exist?

ArkangelWinter

• Omae
« Reply #20 on: <08-07-12/2241:05> »
As a personal preference, I would also pick up Analyze and Databomb CFs.

Never buy sprites at character generation. The cost no money or XP to compile/register in game, and you can keep retrying your Compiling/Registering checks as long as you have the time and can take the Drain.

Wolfman

• Newb
« Reply #21 on: <08-07-12/2244:24> »
done and done :)

SO, I got (all rat.3) Analyze, Scan, Exploit, Databomb and Stealth...
so... technically, those are just programs that I use in the matrix, they don't really have a visual representation, right?
I mean, I don't have like 5 imps following me, doing those things, right?
« Last Edit: <08-07-12/2248:20> by Wolfman »

ArkangelWinter

• Omae

Henzington

• Omae
  • Stun rounds+Edge=Lethal
« Reply #23 on: <08-08-12/0129:54> »
yep exactly the only thing that isnt a complex form is biofeedback filter which your chramisa instead.
Whenever I am at a loss for I should do, I ask myself what would Michael Weston do?

Zephraim

• Newb
« Reply #24 on: <08-08-12/0847:10> »
They could be imps, if that's how your character rolls. Most programs have some sort of visual representation in the matrix, that can be as obvious or obscure as you or the nodes Reality Filter sets it to. An Attack program could be a gun or ones and zeros dancing ballet.

Wolfman

• Newb
« Reply #25 on: <08-08-12/0904:17> »
yeah, still trying to figure it out...

so, here's what he "looks" like...
Think it's missing something?

lurkeroutthere

• Omae
« Reply #26 on: <08-08-12/1246:29> »
1) Read the book, i'm sorry to keep harping on this but Chummer is not, nor is it intended as a book replacement.

2) Your stealth complex form needs to be higher that's one you want to cap out. You also will likely want to raise your exploit CF. Your hacking skill/pool needs to be higher.  Additionally consider trading your databomb either for something more useful (it's not really an aggressors tool) like control, or even attack or blackout.

Looking at your character all he brings to a team is hacking, and his hacking is decidedly "meh". He'll actually be a liability to the team if he's ever anywhere and a fight actually starts. Technomancers shouldn't really be expected to be downing foes in the meat, but personally I do shoot for "not a liability". Your character, between the lack of weapon skills, combat paralysis, etc, would be a liability.

I'm away from my books but isn't the caliban a fairly beefy comlink? As a TM you don't want a beefy link. Put the money/points somewhere else.

Here's the link to another thread where I went through how i build a TM, hope it helps. I didn't shoot for super optimized, more "definite asset to team".

http://forums.shadowrun4.com/index.php?topic=8174.0
« Last Edit: <08-08-12/1321:52> by lurkeroutthere »
"And if the options are "talk to him like a grown up" versus "LOLOLOL murder him in his face until he doesn't come back," I know which suggestion I'm making." - Critias

No team I'm on has ever had a problem with group think.

Zephraim

• Newb
« Reply #27 on: <08-08-12/1328:23> »
You should max out the rating of your CF's (5), it's cheaper to do it now than later. Also, getting into cyber combat is a bad idea, it would be better to get Hacking at 6 and just ignore cybercombat, especially since Combat Paralysis would also affect your matrix initiative.

Wolfman

• Newb
« Reply #28 on: <08-08-12/1452:17> »
dully noted, thanks guys :)

lunarboy4

• Newb
  • What is it with you guys and Burritos?
« Reply #29 on: <08-09-12/1955:21> »
Also, I would recommend having Browse and/or Edit as well. They are instrumental to covering your tracks in the matrix (which is what you want to do as much as possible) and browse is very important for legwork. Now, normally you could thread them, but I find that you use them enough to warrant having them as a complex form.
Team combinations that can only end in bad things. A psychopathic mage with an obsession for proper table manners and a Sea lion shifter who is still fairly new to society and not really socialized yet... My vote is with the Sea Lion, personally.