NEWS

Shadowrun: Online?

• 162 Replies

Kat9

« on: <07-27-12/2135:37> »
So we seem to have  a good group going here. Here's the doodle thinger showing what day/times we're voting to play.

http://doodle.com/gzmczsvibs2rvf7w
« Last Edit: <08-05-12/1357:44> by Kat9 »

Bardaek

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <07-29-12/1939:05> »
I can feel this pain.  How's about you and I join forces here and see what we can come up with. I've got a different Game table that I actually feel is stronger than Infrno..

krazzeekane

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <07-30-12/0431:07> »
I would definitely be interested in joining a SR4 game. Just started to look into the pen and paper aspect of it, I loved the books since I was young. I have a character, (combat hacker) that is pretty much done. I've looked around for games on here but like OP said, most are full sadly :( I am pretty flexible in regards to play times. New to SR4 but definitely not pen and paper games. In regards to game table, I do not have a preference and am good with any. I can skype or whatever is needed.

Kat9

« Reply #3 on: <07-30-12/0902:23> »
I would definitely be interested in joining a SR4 game. Just started to look into the pen and paper aspect of it, I loved the books since I was young. I have a character, (combat hacker) that is pretty much done. I've looked around for games on here but like OP said, most are full sadly :( I am pretty flexible in regards to play times. New to SR4 but definitely not pen and paper games. In regards to game table, I do not have a preference and am good with any. I can skype or whatever is needed.

Oh good that makes it so I don't have to handle the matrix :)

Ympulse

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <07-30-12/0945:48> »
I've been looking for a chance to GM a game, what times are you folks available for games? (Assuming you're okay with a new-to-SR GM running things)

dashifen

• Chummer
« Reply #5 on: <07-30-12/0957:08> »
I have a hankering for some playing (or GMing), too.  I just moved into an area that seems to be close enough to Boston that the gamers just go there but far enough away that it's a PITA to just go there.  I've had some pretty solid success online gaming via Google+ Hangouts which could be another option to coordinate. 

To be honest, I haven't played SR4 ever -- I've only GM'd it -- so I wouldn't mind playing, but on the other hand I can step up to GM status as necessary.  I might have some other SR contacts from my past, too, that might be interested in playing online.

I'm a veteran of SR going back to the mid 90's.  I've helped out Catalyst on a few projects, written a Mission, and worked a few GenCon events in my day, so I'm also very happy to provide my experience to help newer players either as a member of the team and as a sounding board for a new GM.

I'm in Eastern time and would tend to be available in the evenings, but I get up around 5:30 AM seven days a week, so I'm not much of a night owl. 
Kotori (PDF, Vehicles, Chummer)

Kat9

« Reply #6 on: <07-30-12/1252:08> »
I don't use Google+, myspace or such as that. However, http://www.infrno.net/ is pretty good for a game table. Some people use Skype for the chat and infrno for the table.

Kat9

« Reply #7 on: <07-30-12/1254:39> »
I guess if we're going to make this happen, I'll put dibs down on a gunslinger :)

Kat9

« Reply #8 on: <07-30-12/1258:42> »
As for who is GMing, as long as its not me, I am happy ;)

krazzeekane

• Newb
« Reply #9 on: <07-30-12/1355:47> »
Sweet looks like there's a good chance of this coming together :) Same with Kat9 in regards to GMing, any of you are more than welcome to it--Dashifen looks like he'd make a good GM with his extra background experience but I really don't particularly care who GMs, I'm here for the fun. I've GM'd a lot in other pen and paper, D&D 3.5 specifically, but as I'm new to Shadowrun I prefer not to pick up the DM torch until I get more situated in regards to the game.

As for times I am available, I am pretty open. I am Pacific Time (-8), and are primarily busy Wednesdays and Fridays (Until 5 or 6), and Saturdays. All other days are free.

And I see we have my combat hacker and Kat's down for a gunslinger. What else would everyone be interested in playing?

Ympulse

• Omae
« Reply #10 on: <07-30-12/1405:55> »
I'm good any day of the week in the afternoon or evening, my late-night cutoff is 2300 Central, since I work the midnight shift.

As for GMing, I'm up for it, but if you would like to get your groove on, Dashifen, I won't get in your way :)

dashifen

• Chummer
« Reply #11 on: <07-30-12/1430:41> »
I've been GMing exclusively since 1998 with one three-session game of Vampire as my only break so I would love to not have to worry about it.  Plus, I'm still trying to put together a meatspace game that I would probably GM.  In other words, if you want to start, Ympulse, go for it and you can always pick my brain via PM if you want to while you go.  Then, if you want to take a break from GMing after a bit, I can pick up later if we're still going strong.

Why don't we go to Doodle to hammer out a time.  The following poll is in Eastern time (because I made it and I'm in Eastern ... so there!)

http://doodle.com/gzmczsvibs2rvf7w

I usually assume a gaming session of about 4 hours.  Does that match up with all of your expectations?

Character - I usually reach for hackers or technomancers, but I'm also a fan of spell slingers.  Since we have the former and not the latter, I can go in that direction.  I tend to like Charisma based drain since it lets a character expand nicely into Face skills either with left over points or with Karma.
« Last Edit: <07-30-12/1433:19> by dashifen »
Kotori (PDF, Vehicles, Chummer)

krazzeekane

• Newb
« Reply #12 on: <07-30-12/1440:54> »
K I put in my times on the Doodle thing. Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and Thursday are my best days. Friday and Wednesday are possible play days if necessary but it'd have to be after 5 or 6 PST, and Saturdays a no-go. Also in regards to Dashifen, it's always good to have a spell slinger :) and its good you want to go Cha since my character has some Face skills, but its very part time. I'll post a build of him in a bit, just hammering out the last little bits.

And as for the 4 hour session, hell that sounds short to me, given past experience in pen and paper games has let me see anything can take a long time, and I hear Shadowrun is infamous for its dice and things that take extra time (Matrix, Combat, etc.). Ideally my gaming sessions are around 5-6 hours, but I'm more than willing to compromise. I just want to get a group together.
« Last Edit: <07-30-12/1442:28> by krazzeekane »

Kat9

« Reply #13 on: <07-30-12/1451:57> »
I'm good any days but Sunday and Friday.

Kat9

« Reply #14 on: <07-30-12/1519:26> »

Character - I usually reach for hackers or technomancers, but I'm also a fan of spell slingers.  Since we have the former and not the latter, I can go in that direction.  I tend to like Charisma based drain since it lets a character expand nicely into Face skills either with left over points or with Karma.

I usually go Technomancer/Hacker myself. Failing that, I tend to go Rigger/Street Sam. I would _LOVE_ to play an AI Rigger but that's up to whomever is GMing :)