NEWS

[IC] Virtual Underworld 93

• 3498 Replies

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #1140 on: <02-04-12/1900:57> »
>>>>>[<gunfire in background, sounds of screaming> Ramirez! Keep their heads down with that HMG while we flank them!

They're using the POW's as shields? Hah! Would have expected as much from the Azzies. Have a flash-bang! <sound of grenade going off, followed by a scream> Get down, kid, if you don't want me to knock you down. Stay still over with the rest of the POWs while we mop up.

<Roar nearby, fire, and LOTS of screams> Oh frag me sideways. A dragon? They went and called up a fragging dragon? DREK! <More fire, much closer.>

Come to me, spirit of the Waterfall's might. Quench this fire with your freezing breath.

I am come... Very well, I obey.]<<<<<

--Iceblade (19:00:00/02-04-74)
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1141 on: <02-04-12/1959:16> »
>>>>>[Money, looks like Iceblade might need that Vat next. Goodluck Ice, time to show them your name's worth. I- -
Stop reading over my shoulder...
Just cos you can SEE doesn't mea-
Yes, a dragon. Whuh? GET BACK HERE YOU CAN'T FLY THERE IN TIME!

Ergh. Iceblade... there's free aerial support heading your way. No fragging way he'll make it from Seattle to you in time. Damn thrill seeker.]<<<<<

-- Chrona (00:53:00/02-04-74)

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1142 on: <02-04-12/2028:26> »
>>>>>[Wolf! Have the package, heading to extraction. Tell that damn sub to prep the medbay. Multiple casualties. Damn Feathered Serpent came out of nowhere. Guess we were pushing our luck with the fourth raid in as many days. Xerena's alive, but has some severe burns. Some of our team aren't so lucky. I'm working on my fourth patch now to keep going. We just got in the boat at Turbo, and are heading for the rendezvous. The dragon got us good. Only reason I'm not worse off is because I had a powerful spirit riding me at the time. But I'm going to need time, all right. Leg and an arm this time. Can't even use crutches. They had to carry me into the boat. But I got souvenirs. Big fang each for me and Xerena, and took smaller ones for the rest of the team, and that POW we rescued.

The others were released, sent to scatter, package is with us, and we're heading out to sea. I can't think any more. Need to sleep. Fragging dragons.

AGH! Salt spray on the stump of an arm cuts through the pain meds all right! GAH! NO I'M FINE, JUST HAD MY FRAGGING ARM AND LEG CHEWED OFF BY A DRAGON! JUST GET US TO THE RENDEZVOUS SO I CAN PASS OUT!]<<<<<

--Iceblade (20:28:03/02-04-74)

My Characters

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1143 on: <02-04-12/2119:05> »
>>>>>[Yeah, Vat time.]<<<<<

-- Chrona (02:18:00/02-04-74)

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #1144 on: <02-05-12/0019:30> »

>>>>>[Ouch, that's gotta hurt. *sigh* Dammit, why do I have to be such a bleeding heart. Be right back]<<<<<

<<<Transmission terminated at sourse>>>

<<<Transmission resumed, direct link established>>>

>>>>>[Iceblade, sorry for the hack. If you need a place to hole up for a while, head to grid coordinates *ENCRYPTED*. Docs there will do what they can, and there should be some coffee and donuts left. And I would like to ask you some questions, if I may.]<<<<<

-- Bravo Six (00:18:00/02-05-74)
Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1145 on: <02-05-12/0855:00> »
>>>>>[Sub dumped us in Metropole. Luckily, Amazonian docs know how to treat the Awakened. We're at an Amazonian military hospital now. Seems someone heard that we got injured blowing the hell out of a lot of Azzie gear, and rescuing some POWs. Of course, the tradeoff is that we're probably going to have to go through the whole 'debriefing' thing before we can leave the country. But if you're Awakened, there are few places better suited to healing what ails you. I have to pay for the service myself, of course, but it is still better than dealing with a public hospital or a street doc.

Good news, I don't have to sit in a vat, waiting for them to clone me some new parts. The payments we received for our work behind Azzie lines (not counting our gig in the Pyramid) is more than enough to cover a couple Type O limbs. They say it'll take some therapy and exercise to get the limbs up to snuff, but since they're regular meat, not bioware, the transplant didn't hurt my magic any, just like if I'd gotten a cloned limb. Spirits bless Mr. Owen, wherever his soul resides now. So no vat for me, but I'm stuck to a chair, for a few days, at least. Haven't seen Xerena since I went into surgery, though.

Thanks, everyone, for the help and well wishes. And now that the job's done, I think a drink is in order. Flirted with the nurse a bit, and she agreed to bring me a bottle of whiskey. But I gotta hide it for now, doc just walked in, to check my progress. So I'm off for a while.]<<<<<

--Iceblade (08:53:24/02-05-74)

My Characters

Wolfboy

• Omae
  • life sucks, deal with it
« Reply #1146 on: <02-05-12/1004:15> »
>>>>>[Those fraggin bastitches were supposed to bring you here. I'm gonna have a word with them that they are not going to like. Also, send those medical bills up here, the good senator can afford to cover them.]<<<<<    --Wolfgar  (10:01:55/02-05-74)
May god grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, to change the things I can, and the firepower to make the difference.

Suicide is never the answer, now homicide on the other hand, that has posibilities.

7.62 Russian, when it absolutely has to be done under budget

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1147 on: <02-05-12/1030:32> »
>>>>>[Oh, don't be too hard on them. Amazonia was closer, and we had people who needed more urgent care than you could get on a sub. As it is, a couple members of Xerena's team almost bought it before they could be stabilized. We'll stop through your sprawl soon as I can get around without the chair, Wolf, before heading on. Xerena and I are going to be taking a week's vacation up the well on Evo's resort. She's never gotten drunk in space, so I thought I'd help her with that.

And the bill for the team's injuries is on its way, with a chip including the simsense record of the fight with the dragon. Two copies, one for you, and one for the Senator, if he balks at paying the bills. The recording gets a bit... wonky at a certain point. A simrig's functioning gets a bit unusual when the person wearing it plays host to a spirit.]<<<<<

--Iceblade (10:30:50/02-05-74)

My Characters

Keita

• Omae
  • Between darkness and light.
« Reply #1148 on: <02-05-12/1313:14> »
>>>>>[ Okay. That. Was. NOT. Fun. Fucking dragon came out of nowhere. Big mother. Can't 'member much. Shot fulla...stuff. Yeah...um...Big fella. Swooped down on us. Miri got his spirit stuff going and I lashed our too. Did good...Dragon got lucky a few times. Third and fourth degree burns. Got my left arm all charred to bone, and my left leg cooked through. So...tank for me. Then cloned parts, like Miri. Should be fine. Might look...like Cruella de Ville. Half my hair might grow back silver. Gonna sleep now. Thanks....[Error: Communication terminated at source] ]<<<<<
       -- Madrecita (13:13:44/05-02-74)
"There are always consequences to our actions. We all must face what we have done, and submit to the justice of the pack. It may be that you will have to run alone from now on, but you cannot begin to fix what you broke without admitting that you broke it." - Madrecita's animal twin.

Smiley

• Omae
  • Full of bad Lulz
« Reply #1149 on: <02-05-12/1537:52> »
>>>>>[Now that this is over, I got two things to say to both of ya. I find it hilariously puzzling that you speak to each other over VU93 while you are a few feet away from each other. Second, well, you'll be stuck in Amazonia for a long time. And even there, you won't be safe. The Azzies are gunnin' for you both and no death faking this time. Both your names are going around in the channels I'm using. In case you don't know what that means, there's a hefty price on your heads (and when I say hefty, it's in the price range to hire me).]<<<<<
      --  Smiley (15:37:25/02-05-74)
"Fun? Frag yeah! Always is when that involves a bucket full of drek!"
-Smiley

Keita

• Omae
  • Between darkness and light.
« Reply #1150 on: <02-05-12/1601:55> »
>>>>>[ We don't so much speak to each other here as just banter. What we did communicate to each other here was incidentals, or playful commentary. And why not? We don't log in to specifically talk to each other. More to keep an eye on things, and communicate with others.

Mmm...well, the bounty was to be expected. And Smiley...feel free to take that bounty. It'll either be us or you in the ground. Either way, I can live with it.  :-* ]<<<<<
       -- Madrecita (16:01:44/05-02-74)
"There are always consequences to our actions. We all must face what we have done, and submit to the justice of the pack. It may be that you will have to run alone from now on, but you cannot begin to fix what you broke without admitting that you broke it." - Madrecita's animal twin.

Wolfboy

• Omae
  • life sucks, deal with it
« Reply #1151 on: <02-05-12/1704:25> »
>>>>>[Well the good news is that not only has the payments for all the money been made, but also that the good senator, since you impressed his boy so much, has supposedly called the hospital in Metropole and told them to bill him for all of your team. He was really happy that his boy was safe and sound and like I said before, he can afford it.

Now for the bad news, you impressed the boy so much that he's talking about joining the shadows himself. His father is NOT happy about that but thats going to be between them and the fact that he's 20 means all daddy can do is cut him off from his inheritance, though not from his trust fund. (chuckle) I imagine my next job from the good senator is going to be putting the boy through absolute hell as training to see if he'll stick with it. Seems the trip that got him caught by the Azzies in the first place was the boy running from his responsibilities. Unfortunately it was after his own riches so at least he's got some gumption. Who knows what will happen.]<<<<<

--Wolfgar (17:03:15 / 02-05-74)
May god grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, to change the things I can, and the firepower to make the difference.

Suicide is never the answer, now homicide on the other hand, that has posibilities.

7.62 Russian, when it absolutely has to be done under budget

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1152 on: <02-05-12/2346:13> »
>>>>>[Yeah, we like to play around on here, just as I was doing to poke Murphy a couple times about his Naga ladyfriend when we were in Denver. Just a bit of fun, to keep your head off the fact that you've got an entire mega looking to come down on your head.

We won't be staying in Amazonia long. The country's nice and all, but I've got business elsewhere, and I still haven't shown Xerena what its like to get drunk in zero G. Priorities, man! I can guarantee that we won't be returning to Aztlan anytime soon, though, and I'm personally not going to take any runs against the big A for a while. Let that simmer down for a bit.

I've had a price on my head for years, though now it has gotten a good bit larger, I guess. Used to be just the Rinelle, and the few people who knew I didn't die a couple times when I should have.

Wolf, tell the kid that what he saw wasn't shadowrunning. He wants action like that, tell him to join the CAS Marines, or go for one of their SEAL teams. That was a commando raid, not a shadowrun. And then try and sober him up a bit with the knowledge that most runners don't survive their first year. Last I heard, it was only about 10% that lived to see their second year? It'll probably score you some points with the Senator, too. A son that goes and signs on with the Marines can be worth his weight in gold to a political campaign.]<<<<<

--Iceblade (23:45:13/02-05-74)

My Characters

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1153 on: <02-06-12/1928:22> »
>>>>>[Funny how it takes less time to slap on replacement limbs than it does to heal burns. Plenty of Type O material out there, especially with banks set up to deal with casualties from the war. So a couple of limbs were waiting ready. But dealing with severe burns is still a slow process. Sitting outside Xerena's tank right now. She's not too happy with me. Something to do with me tapping on the glass like a kid with a fishbowl?

Anyways, therapy is going fairly well. New limbs take some 'walking in' to function like the old ones. Especially when you have multiple limbs to work on.]<<<<<

--Iceblade (19:27:34/02-06-74)

My Characters

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #1154 on: <02-06-12/2002:25> »
>>>>>[Glad you two are all right.  Don't tap on the glass, however Iceblade.  It gives the person inside a major headache, yes I know from personal experience.  Been insanely busy myself, meeting after meeting, boring as hell stuff.  Wish I could take a nice trip like was recently seen on here.  Heh.

*Emote:  Sigh*  Well, back at it.  Don't even have time to use the Drekker without working.]<<<<<
      --  Money Johnson (08:02:19/02-06-74)
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11