NEWS

[IC] Virtual Underworld 93

• 3498 Replies

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1095 on: <01-31-12/0319:24> »
>>>>>[I still remember one summer when I was younger, visiting my cousin while she was still learning that stuff. One of those spirits materializing in front of a ten year old will really freak a kid out.

Maybe you could use an extra personal trainer, Money?]<<<<<
      --  Predator (03:15:28/01-31-2074)
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #1096 on: <01-31-12/0325:44> »
>>>>>[Ten years old, yeah that's a real time for shocks, mine too, but it wasn't a spirit.  Not my story to tell, however.

Maybe in a bit, Predator.  Got to get in decent shape before I can get into better shape.  I'll stay in my nice, secure apartment building for a bit, I think.  Yeah, yeah, I know, you're all laughing.  I'm in good enough shape to be able to pull a trigger and handle some recoil.]<<<<<
      --  Money Johnson (03:25:41/01-31-74)
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #1097 on: <01-31-12/0417:06> »
>>>>>[ Thank you, Madrecita.  I trust you extracted your own payment from appropriate individuals.  Did you find out anything about that, mmm, bonus item? ]<<<<<
          -- The Wyrm Ouroboros (04:14:44/01-31-2074)
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #1098 on: <01-31-12/0902:59> »
>>>>>[Out of the city now. This team of Xerena's had some bikes, so we're going cross-country to avoid the patrols. Can't say too much, since we're a long way from done with this run.

Anyways, I was doing some research before starting this run, came across an old Shadowland post from one of the archives that survived Jormungand, doing a profile of Aztlan. Some of what I read there I didn't think possible. Now I know better. And I know enough to say that I really don't want to find out more about what the Wordsmyth and Hecate were talking about. There are things you can't unsee.]<<<<<

--Iceblade (09:02:34/01-31-74)
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #1099 on: <01-31-12/1122:12> »
>>>>>[And the only thing we get to see is the tip of the pyramid.  We don't even see the really nasty drek holding it up.

In other news, mmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hot tub!]<<<<<
      --  Money Johnson (11:22:10/01-31-74)

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Keita

• Omae
  • Between darkness and light.
« Reply #1100 on: <01-31-12/1236:47> »
>>>>>[ Now you understand why after all these years, even after the resolution of my personal grudge, I can't let that sort of thing continue where I can prevent it. It must be rooted out. But...after what we've seen, I'm not sure how that will be possible. It's going to take something really major.

Joined up with a band of Hungaros. They're for all practical purposes invisible. They're busy changing the chips on the bikes and doing whatever it is riggers do. We'll be on our way in another hour or so. The team tells me they're leading some Jags off our trail. ]<<<<<
       -- Madrecita (12:36:34/01-31-74)
"There are always consequences to our actions. We all must face what we have done, and submit to the justice of the pack. It may be that you will have to run alone from now on, but you cannot begin to fix what you broke without admitting that you broke it." - Madrecita's animal twin.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1101 on: <01-31-12/1354:50> »
>>>>>[Blood mages are one thing. This! You're right something major is needed. A Thor shot or twenty might not be enough. Who knows? I've never seen anything like it before. Never heard about anything like it. I didn't think something like that was possible.

WHAT THE FRAG WAS UP WITH THAT THING?

Sorry. Sorry. Guess I know what people felt like when Bug City blew up. But ghost, what the frag was that? Can't get drink it out of my head while we're still in Azzieland, but I need a stiff drink or twelve.

Money, you don't want to see this. You don't want to know this. Whatever it is, its bad, bad, bad. I'm freaked.]<<<<<

--Iceblade (13:54:23/01-31-74)

My Characters

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1102 on: <01-31-12/1358:48> »
>>>>>[That sounds like my territory, please Iceblade, describe it. Any assenssed information would be good too.]<<<<<

-- Chrona (18:58:00/01-31-74)

Keita

• Omae
« Reply #1103 on: <01-31-12/1417:38> »
>>>>>[ Oh, Miri...I'm sorry, hun. I should not have brought you along on this. I've suspected this for years. Hoped to all the gods I was wrong but...well. C'mon, hun...We'll figure it out once we're done down here. The people who most need to know about this have already been informed. For now...we have to focus. We're not out of this yet. I need you alert by my side right now. Okay?

Chrona...would you mind waiting a bit for info? We're all a bit rattled up here, and there's still a lot we need to do before we're clear.

Now, Miri...here...have a sip of this. It'll help... ]<<<<<
       -- Madrecita (14:17:34/01-31-74)
"There are always consequences to our actions. We all must face what we have done, and submit to the justice of the pack. It may be that you will have to run alone from now on, but you cannot begin to fix what you broke without admitting that you broke it." - Madrecita's animal twin.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1104 on: <01-31-12/1425:54> »
>>>>>[Got to get the old wyrm's people to pay off on that section of the will first, Chrona. Even then, not sure I'll trust it to an open net. But it is like nothing I've heard about, except that old Aztlan download from Shadowland. Find one of the ones with the special comments from Big D and his 'guests'. They knew. They knew what this was.

Oh sweet flaming drek, what have we gotten into?

All right, all right. I'm better now, Xerena. Haven't been this shaken since just after the Arcanix 'incident'. I'm going to have nightmares from this. But yeah, focus. We've still got work to do.]<<<<<

--Iceblade (14:25:24/01-31-74)

My Characters

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #1105 on: <01-31-12/1455:47> »
>>>>>[Safehouses lined up for the both of you.  Together or separate as you wish.  Actually pretty posh and will be very comfortable.  If you're going into that kind of drek, well, least I can do.

I've seen some flatpics of the nasty things they did to set up places like you probably went into.  The guy that took them considers Bug City a vacation, and even he refuses to talk about what happened when he was taking those pics.  As for wanting to see, I don't want to see half of what I have in my life already.  You guys have a rest coming, don't worry.]<<<<<
      --  Money Johnson (02:55:27/01-31-74)

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Keita

• Omae
« Reply #1106 on: <01-31-12/1522:46> »
>>>>>[ Actually Money...what we need most is a way past the Sangre Del Diablos. Now, I've asked my team if they can clear a path using liquid nitrogen but...I'm not too sure. If you have a safe house in Bogota we can use, we'd be most grateful. For now...we still have a few places to hit here in Azzieland. It'll take a few days. And Money...make it one house. No sense splitting up now. Bogota is not the sort of place where you want to cross the town too many times.]<<<<<
       -- Madrecita (15:22:34/01-31-74)

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #1107 on: <01-31-12/1534:26> »
>>>>>[It'll take half an hour, but I can arrange that kind of safehouse, even better that you can speak Spanish.  Learn the local dialect and accent and I'm pretty sure the guy that owes me will swear up and down that you've been there ever since the Tir kicked the Princes out.  He starts throwing the Macho stuff at him, just tell him I still have holos of our, um, "Fishing Trip", he'll back off.  Do it in private, however, so his face is saved, yaknow?  As for the Diablos, I know a way to get around them, but I have to ask first, willing to transfer to another extraction team, and how strong are your stomachs?]<<<<<
      --  Money Johnson (03:32:33/01-31-74)

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Keita

• Omae
« Reply #1108 on: <01-31-12/1616:37> »
>>>>>[ Like I said, we'll only need it in a few days. And yes. We'd be willing to transfer. Stomach's pretty strong. I doubt anything can be worse than what we've seen. Just...no ghouls please. No offense to our ghoul resident, but...we're likely to be wounded when we pass through there. Possibly even unconscious and close to death. If you can guaruntee we'll be taken where we need to go, then fine. ]<<<<<
       -- Madrecita (16:16:34/01-31-74)

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #1109 on: <01-31-12/1620:35> »
>>>>>[All right, sending you the details now by e-mail, Iceblade's and your 'Link's hardware will be the only one that can read it properly, just don't delete it from your Spam filter (Yes, you'll have to read your spam, sorry.).  Enjoy your trip into the warzone!  Bring me back a trophy or something.  I hear AZT has a new sniper rifle they're field testing out there that would make a great hunting rifle!]<<<<<
      --  Money Johnson (04:20:00/01-31-74)

#ThisTaserGoesTo11