NEWS

Condition monitor boxes

• 15 Replies

Eye Eternal

• Chummer
  • So say we all...
« on: <07-19-12/1424:28> »
Is there a max boxes attainable for condition monitor boxes?  Like if I am playing a troll with a 12 body, 4 cyberlimbs with the correct body to keep body attribute correct and all, can I vane more boxes than show on the sheet?

Can you have just as many in the stun track? On sheet there are less stun than physical boxes. Any reasoning why or are the boxes shown supposed to be max?

_Pax_

« Reply #1 on: <07-19-12/1430:46> »
Draw in more boxes as needed, following the same pattern as the sheet shows.  :)

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #2 on: <07-19-12/1436:56> »
Draw in more boxes as needed, following the same pattern as the sheet shows.  :)

Seconded.

What they have is enough for a "typical" runner. Someone who is focusing on being a Main Battle Troll is going to definitely ruin the curve for everyone.
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

TheNarrator

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <07-19-12/1439:19> »
There isn't a specific maximum, it's just 8 + 1/2 Body or 8 + 1/2 Willpower. I think that the number of boxes on the sheet should be enough for any character that you can make, but it's possible that there are extreme cases that the game designers didn't anticipate.

Since Body stats can potentially get higher than Willpower stats, there are more physical boxes than stun boxes.

_Pax_

« Reply #4 on: <07-19-12/1512:25> »
That's one of the reasons I love programs like HeroLabs.  It puts the right number of boxes - be it 15 or 5 - on the character sheet automatically.  No more, no less.  :)

Kesslan

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <07-19-12/1552:49> »
Trolls can definately go way over the normal condition monitor when it comes to body. There's what? 3 or so rules that can add additional condition monitor boxes? Will to Live (Up to +3), Cyberlimbs (Up to what, +5? +6? It's 'per limb' if I recall correctly and arguably applies to having a cyber torso and skull as well). Then there's also an adept power now if I recall correctly that boosts condition monitors as well, and then I'm sure there's one other thing I'm forgetting right now that does as well.

Either way quite possible if you focus on it to get a retarded condition monitor for body that's well beyond what the basic character sheet provides.

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #6 on: <07-19-12/1703:11> »

Seconded.

What they have is enough for a "typical" runner. Someone who is focusing on being a Main Battle Troll is going to definitely ruin the curve for everyone.

You mean the troll that eventually ends up with every body part replaced with cyber limbs with maxed customized and enhanced Phys Attributes and armor with bulk mod (and delta grade)?
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

JustADude

• Prime Runner
« Reply #7 on: <07-19-12/2052:05> »

Seconded.

You mean the troll that eventually ends up with every body part replaced with cyber limbs with maxed customized and enhanced Phys Attributes and armor with bulk mod (and delta grade)?

Ayup; and don't forget the super-maximized worn armor, with a Ballistic Shield in one hand and a FA-modded HVBR with full recoil comp in the other.
― Albert Einstein

― Me

Kesslan

• Newb
« Reply #8 on: <07-19-12/2130:11> »
You forgot the underbarel katana or rocket/grenade launcher!

I actually had a player applying to a new game with a 600BP build start try that one on me. Wanted things like an aztech Striker (Disposable launcher) that had a grenade launcher as a secondary underbarel weapon.

That was a big fat no on my part to say the least.

Funny thing is, every time I see one of these characters they have a low willpower and are easy pickings for any spellcaster.

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #9 on: <07-20-12/0003:09> »

Seconded.

Ayup; and don't forget the super-maximized worn armor, with a Ballistic Shield in one hand and a FA-modded HVBR with full recoil comp in the other.

Tempted to make that to roam Redmond as "The Terror Borg of the Barrens". Basically create a new 'urban legend' for the barrens.

JustADude

• Prime Runner
« Reply #10 on: <07-20-12/0213:57> »

Seconded.

Tempted to make that to roam Redmond as "The Terror Borg of the Barrens". Basically create a new 'urban legend' for the barrens.

Go for it.

And make sure it's Deltaware so yo can fit in some Synaptic Boosters, fully loaded Eye and Ear replacements, Dermal Plating, an UWB Radar sensor, and all those other goodies.

And yes, Dermal Plating says nothing about being incompatible with Cyberlimbs. ;)
― Albert Einstein

― Me

beowulf_of_wa

• Omae
  • just say no to rotary assault cannons and bubba.
« Reply #11 on: <07-20-12/0223:03> »
it's only an urban legend until it's walking into the nearest police station asking about Sarah Connor. then it becomes Legen (wait for it) Dary!
Carpe Noctem (seize the night)
Carpe per Diem (seize the pay), Carpe Dentum (seize the teeth), Carpe Denim (seize the pants)
Carpe Panem (seize the bread/capital)

no, i won't "just get over it."

NERPS!! for idiocy! NERPS!! for the minty fresh feeling! NERPS!! for gods! NERPS!! for guard duty!

Kesslan

• Newb
« Reply #12 on: <07-20-12/0403:27> »
it's only an urban legend until it's walking into the nearest police station asking about Sarah Connor. then it becomes Legen (wait for it) Dary!

I am sooo tempted to do this now. Just take it a step further and make it a delta cyberzombie troll and for the hell of it go super over the top and use the cyber suite rules just to squeeze in that last tiny ridiculous bit. Then pop it in as a easter egg joke that has teeth. Sort of like the rabbit and monty python easter egg in the old Shadow Warrior game built on the Duke Nukem 3D engine. (The rabbit in question found with the holy grail would actually attack you, unlike any other rabit in the game and it had a damn mean bite!)

JustADude

• Prime Runner
« Reply #13 on: <07-20-12/0531:35> »

I am sooo tempted to do this now. Just take it a step further and make it a delta cyberzombie troll and for the hell of it go super over the top and use the cyber suite rules just to squeeze in that last tiny ridiculous bit. Then pop it in as a easter egg joke that has teeth. Sort of like the rabbit and monty python easter egg in the old Shadow Warrior game built on the Duke Nukem 3D engine. (The rabbit in question found with the holy grail would actually attack you, unlike any other rabit in the game and it had a damn mean bite!)

Actually, there's something better for a Terminator cameo than that. ;D

Start with an Otomo and GM Fiat that the Cyborg Modification is being replaced with a better Mimic system. Now, mod it for 18 Armor, Improved Sensor Array, and both Engine Customization mods (to get it back up to full speed). Upgrade the Pilot to 6, slap in some Autosofts, give it a GE Vindicator with a 250-round belt, and dress it in a Leather Jacket or Armored Jacket styled like a leather jacket.
― Albert Einstein

― Me

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #14 on: <07-20-12/1014:19> »

Actually, there's something better for a Terminator cameo than that. ;D

Start with an Otomo and GM Fiat that the Cyborg Modification is being replaced with a better Mimic system. Now, mod it for 18 Armor, Improved Sensor Array, and both Engine Customization mods (to get it back up to full speed). Upgrade the Pilot to 6, slap in some Autosofts, give it a GE Vindicator with a 250-round belt, and dress it in a Leather Jacket or Armored Jacket styled like a leather jacket.

If going into GM-Fiat territory, might as well figure out a way to Fiat a combination between T-1000 and Nemesis.