NEWS

How common are T-Birds in the sprawl skies??

• 2 Replies

Van Gogh

• Newb
« on: <06-25-12/1923:36> »
I am starting a new campaign up based in Seattle (my first attempt at gming any game in nearly 20 years), and I was wondering what people think of how common air vehicles, especially T-Birds are in the city skies and in the gameworld in general. I'm in the middle of watching Bladerunner, but I was thinking they are no where close to being as common as in that movie. At most I was thinking maybe 1 T-Bird per 200 ground vehicles? What do you think?

Black

• Ace Runner
  • Rocking the Shadows since 1990
« Reply #1 on: <06-25-12/1943:08> »
In the downtown area, I would see about that ratio in passenger helicopters, rather then t-birds themselves.  I would see t-birds in the built up area to be much rarer (and perhaps more likely to attract attention).

Also, many of the larger buildings have security systems designed to warn and then attack aircraft which approach to close.  I would recommend any flyers in the metro area have a map of the skylanes or risk running into 'issues'.

Outside of downtown, it would depend on the area, but I would imagine most people would be use to aircraft flying overhead at all times.  Corporate headquarters liek Ares in Bellevue or the Aztecnology Research Park in Tacoma would see helicopters and possibly t-birds even leaving and arriving at all times of the day, while an aircraft in the Barrens may be a chance to trigger a 'blackhawk down' style situation.  That said, smuggler t-birds skim in and out of the lava fields in Redmond all the time.  Fort Lewis would see only military approved aircraft.
Perception molds reality
Change perception and reality will follow
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4+hb+++B?UB+IE+W+sa+m-gmM--P

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #2 on: <06-25-12/2111:17> »
Denver, OTOH...  ;D
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11