NEWS

Acrobat & Face

• 7 Replies

Aria

• Ace Runner
« on: <06-25-12/0848:24> »
Another adept variation on a theme, a mysad dancer and acrobat who would probably take a Face role in a group.  She's quite similar to a couple of the other adepts in my archive but with hopefully enough differences to be interesting.

Comments appreaciated as I think mysads are harder to get right than adepts or mages!?!

<<Rush>>
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #1 on: <06-25-12/0919:21> »
Wow, I really like that build! Looks like a very fun character to play.
One thing I'd change is the weapon though; while the idea fits the character perfectly, the damage is just too low to be of any use, you'll never get past any kind of armor, in fact it's so low that most characters might just be able to soak any damage you can do.
Instead I'd recommend spending those points to increase your pistols skill. The Pulsar isn't bad, but I much prefer the Defiance EX; its damage is amazing and it can be used as a melee weapon too. Higher pistol skill will allow you to be pretty good with a heavy pistol too, I'd carry one just in case you run into a situation where violence is the only option.

Besides that, imo the Commanding Voice adept power is simply too good not to have as a Social Adept, especially considering how cheap it is. I'd recommend dropping one of the other powers (Glide, Great Leap...) to pick it up.

Also, I'm not sure the Stealth spell will do you much good considering your character has no Stealth skills whatsoever. Sure, you'd be hard to hear, but that's of little use if you're as easy to spot as an elephant... Wouldn't Improved Invisibility be more handy to make up the lack of infiltration skills?

Lethe

• Omae
  • Every man dies. Not every man really lives.
« Reply #2 on: <06-25-12/1116:39> »
Being a weapon focus doesn't make an item more durable. One cut (or someone defending with a blade) and your weapon focus is gone. Like a hot knife through butter *swishhhh*

5 dice for improved reflexes, you need luck to get any benefit out of that.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <06-25-12/1436:13> »
Being a weapon focus doesn't make an item more durable. One cut (or someone defending with a blade) and your weapon focus is gone. Like a hot knife through butter *swishhhh*
The psuedo physics of the thing are a bit beyond my limited knowledge...could the ribbon have a monofilament edge 'sewn' into it?  That would remove the strength and AP issue with the weapon...(otherwise I think it's no different from a knife armed character - although I conceed having it cut through would be an issue!)

UmaroVI

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <06-25-12/1500:44> »
I'd thing about just using a monofilament whip and putting AR streamers on it or something. You're a low-strength character trying to melee; you really, really want to be using a fixed-damage weapon like a monowhip or a shock weapon.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #5 on: <06-25-12/1819:48> »
Gliding is shockingly expensive (1 point each) and are only useful in very specific circumstances.

Gliding allows you to run (Magic) meters over a surface that won't support the character's weight. That's 5 meters for our Magic 5 human, but she can already make it that far with a running jump without too much of a challenge. A running jump is Agility (5) + Gymnastics (6) + Enhanced Gymnastics (3) + Great Leap (2) = 16 dice to make the jumping test. That will reliably produce 5 successes, which is enough to make it 10 meters. Even a standing jump will make it 5 meters with the same dice, the same distance that Gliding covers. There are very particular circumstances where Gliding would be better but none that are common enough to justify spending 20% of her power points on it. Dropping it would allow you to pick up the last available point of Kinesics plus leave half a point leftover for something else fun.

I think you're encumbered by your armor, unless you're not wearing it all simultaneously. Full Form Fitting (6 Ballistics * 0.5 Form Fitting) + Armor Clothing (4 Ballistics) = 7 points of Ballistics protection, which is more than your Body*2 = 6 allowance.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #6 on: <06-26-12/0814:35> »
Thanks for the comments guys!  I think I'll switch to a monofilament edged ribbon as it fits the concept...it would have to be run past a prospective GM and see if they buy into the style over substance idea :)

Gliding will go, I agree it is overpriced when she is more than capable of jumping that distance...

I tend to buy a skin suit and an ordinary set of armour.  Unless there's some compelling reason not to I ignore the fact that form fitting can be worn under other armour.

Stealth spell, I was looking for the camouflage spell :o

I'll leave Commanding voice for now as a number of my other adepts cover that base and I don't want them to be all the same :P  Anyone using Rush as a template for their own adept would probably want to change that though!

Charasanya

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: <06-26-12/0853:16> »
I'll leave Commanding voice for now as a number of my other adepts cover that base and I don't want them to be all the same :P
I beg to differ. Please reread the section on Commanding Voice, and you will see just how useful and versatile it is, on an adept with a high command pool.