NEWS

How is an....

• 7 Replies

vinnmun

• Omae
« on: <06-24-12/0252:26> »
augmented prisoner neutralize t not jack people left and right in prison or in jail? I read something, but i don't remember where.
H0llister - Demo Team

Red: Matrix
Blue: Speech
Green: Thought

Dr. Meatgrinder

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • CDT Field Agent (#483)
« Reply #1 on: <06-24-12/1000:07> »
Cyberware scanners (p. 334, SR4A) to detect cyberware.  Containment manacles (p. 335, SR4A, under Restraints) can keep implanted weapons sheathed.  Maybe there's a dedicated "computer technician" on prison staff specifically to hack cyberware to keep "combat mods" turned down/off--you don't need wireless to do this, just piggybacking the normal maintenance procedure will do, and some tougher jurisdictions may do this as a standard booking procedure (scan for 'ware, then plug in and deactivate what they find).

Bioware and genemods are more problematic, since they don't come with an off switch and they're generally less obvious to scanners (if detectable at all).  But then, how do we control the stronger prisoners now?

Two other options for longer-term prisoners (like prison sentences as opposed to holding cells):  solitary confinement or removal of the offending 'ware (which probably happens anyway for restricted or forbidden cyberware, since the convict no longer has a license for it).
Guiding principle for game balance:  Players avoid underpowered stuff and flock to overpowered stuff.
Missions Freelancer (SRM 04-10 Romero & Juliette, SRM 05-01 Chasin' the Wind, SRM 06-06 Falling Angels, PM-02 A Holy Piece of Wetwork)

Black

• Ace Runner
  • Rocking the Shadows since 1990
« Reply #2 on: <06-24-12/1715:25> »
Cyberware scanners (p. 334, SR4A) to detect cyberware.  Containment manacles (p. 335, SR4A, under Restraints) can keep implanted weapons sheathed.  Maybe there's a dedicated "computer technician" on prison staff specifically to hack cyberware to keep "combat mods" turned down/off--you don't need wireless to do this, just piggybacking the normal maintenance procedure will do, and some tougher jurisdictions may do this as a standard booking procedure (scan for 'ware, then plug in and deactivate what they find).

Bioware and genemods are more problematic, since they don't come with an off switch and they're generally less obvious to scanners (if detectable at all).  But then, how do we control the stronger prisoners now?

Two other options for longer-term prisoners (like prison sentences as opposed to holding cells):  solitary confinement or removal of the offending 'ware (which probably happens anyway for restricted or forbidden cyberware, since the convict no longer has a license for it).

I'm feeling a combination of collars with auto injectors, segrated populations (let's put him in with the trolls), and drones, not human guards would be in order.  An onside Mage with spirits could assist as well.

I believe that restraints which control the use of implants are in existence, but pure 'weapon' implants would be surgical removed,  the prisoner can pick his spurs and watch etc up on the way out... ( or not at all given the license restriction doesn't mix well with the criminal sin.
Perception molds reality
Change perception and reality will follow
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4+hb+++B?UB+IE+W+sa+m-gmM--P

Malathis

• Chummer
« Reply #3 on: <06-28-12/1238:05> »
Removal of cyberware would probably be to expensive, deactivation or partial removal is more likely. Instead of removing the entire cyberspur implant, just remove the blade and leave the mechanism that moves it in place, should greatly reduce the cost of medical procedures. Other implants could simply be disabled within the 'ware itself as opposed to being just shut off, ie removing the microprocessor that manages the piece of 'ware.

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <06-28-12/1300:47> »
For short-term incarceration, they use "Plugs" to gum up data ports, skill a Smartgun system (Back when they were wired) or datajacks (Back when they were needed). Weapons and limbs could be turned off and locked out, or even just removed in some cases.

For long-term incarceration, surgery is certainly an option (ESPECIALLY if you were SINless! Take the cyber, give you a criminal SIN afterwards that shows you had no cyber, sell the metal for a profit), otherwise, yeah, stick 'em in with teh Orks or Trolls and let nature do what it does.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #5 on: <06-28-12/1705:28> »
Four Words:  Bubba The Love Troll.  ;D
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #6 on: <06-28-12/1820:23> »
He cuddles augmented prisonners to reward them for not using their augmentations?

"Hey, Slasher. Why don't you use that occular laser of you to soften up these bars, then use that muscle replacement power to break 'em? You and me both split and I'll share with you half the loot I hid below a loose floorboard in an abanoned warehouse in Redmond!"
"Nu uh! No I ain't. I'm 2 days away from a Bubba Snuggle, ain't gonna do nuttin' to mess that up!"

I could totally see that working!

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #7 on: <06-28-12/1941:30> »
I was thinking more negative re-enforcement, but that could work too.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11