NEWS

Tips for hunting a powerful Shaman

• 17 Replies

SabreX

• Newb
« on: <05-28-12/1141:36> »
My Character is in the process of hunting down a powerful toxic shaman, he has wiped out my guys entire security team and I've tracked him to Seattle. I'll be hooking up with an old Shadowrunning team i ran with in Seattle, and i'd prefer not to lose anyone else to the bastard.

Any tips on how best to deal with him? Best weapons, armors, devices.

oh, he has an experimental Nuke/Bomb he stole from the Ares Facility in Chicago and i'd like to take the bomb and the shaman (preferably Alive) back to my superiors.
« Last Edit: <05-28-12/1153:08> by SabreX »

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #1 on: <05-28-12/1605:31> »
Cyberzombies.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

TheNarrator

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <05-28-12/1627:02> »
The best defense against magic is magic. (Well, except for background count, but it's hard to arrange that in your favor.) Make sure you've got a magician (or even more than one) on your team with good Counterspelling to help against enemy spells and at least one good option for dealing with enemy spirits.

The best offense against magic is surprise and immediate neutralization. Take him off guard and bring him down before he can get off any spells at you, cast any spells on himself to buff himself up, or summon any spirits. If you really want him alive badly enought to risk your life, then hit him with Stick-n-Shock or Capsule rounds loaded with DMSO and Narcoject. If not, then hit him with the most powerful weapon you have with the most armor-penetrating ammo, and end him before he even knows there was a fight. If you can, try to be prepared, work out a battle plan with your team ahead of time, keep him from knowing you're coming, and in general try to have the fight on your terms, not his.

Recently in a game I'm playing in, we found that the difference between encountering a powerful mage when we weren't expecting it and encountering a powerful mage when we had overprepared and infiltrated his base to take him by surprise was the difference between having a long running fight in which our best combatant was knocked out before we finally barely bought the enemy down... and wiping out the enemy in a single initiative pass of all-out assault before he even got to act.

SabreX

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <05-28-12/1931:05> »
Thanks heaps for the advice, I'll get together with my team and plan something out.

another question, How's the best way to deal with Corruption Spirits or Possessed Beings?

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #4 on: <05-28-12/2202:41> »
Fully-Automatic, High Caliber Weaponry.  Preferably belt fed.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Digital_Viking

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <05-28-12/2208:54> »
Fully-Automatic, High Caliber Weaponry.  Preferably belt fed.

To be fair, that is the solution to a wide range of problems.
"Which is better and which is worse,I wonder - To understand or to not understand?"
"Understanding is always worse. To not understand is to never carry the burden of responsibility. Understanding is pain. But anything less is unacceptable."

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #6 on: <05-28-12/2227:14> »
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Mara

• Ace Runner
« Reply #7 on: <05-29-12/0224:14> »
Step 1: Hack Zurich Orbital and get command codes for Thor Shot satelites.
Step 2: Find where the toxic shaman is and drop a thorshot on him
Step 3: Profit!

redwolf

• Chummer
« Reply #8 on: <05-29-12/0239:29> »
army of mage with an army of spirit
yes i'm red and it's not blood, and no i'm no comy i'm just red, so are you going for that pis' or going away!!!

chinlamp

• Newb
« Reply #9 on: <05-29-12/0329:33> »
Don't ask on a forum that your GM actively checks constantly so that he can use all advice given against you?

Mara

• Ace Runner
« Reply #10 on: <05-29-12/0337:12> »
Don't ask on a forum that your GM actively checks constantly so that he can use all advice given against you?

Aw...poor guy!

chinlamp

• Newb
« Reply #11 on: <05-29-12/0339:28> »

Aw...poor guy!

Not really, I've been asking for help with some things for the guy they're going up against that he's gone and seen.  Ruined all the suspense and surprise in the run.

Screw it, runs scrapped.  This is why we can't have nice things :P

Mara

• Ace Runner
« Reply #12 on: <05-29-12/0345:30> »

Not necessarily. See...you know he has seen stuff...that actually gives you the advantage. In fact, you could go and ask
about stuff completely unrelated, something that I would assume you have already been doing, as well.

The fun part is: he has no idea which options you have been given you have been given you are going to use(if
you are going to use any of them). Not like he even knows if ANY of his information on this guy is correct, in game or out of game....

chinlamp

• Newb
« Reply #13 on: <05-29-12/0357:20> »

Not necessarily. See...you know he has seen stuff...that actually gives you the advantage. In fact, you could go and ask
about stuff completely unrelated, something that I would assume you have already been doing, as well.

The fun part is: he has no idea which options you have been given you have been given you are going to use(if
you are going to use any of them). Not like he even knows if ANY of his information on this guy is correct, in game or out of game....

Oh, I know.  That was a joke, but he's not paying attention to the forums right now, he's playing D3.  And I'm completely sure that no matter how much they prepare I can prepare just as well.  I have plans to make the run go for 2 months in game, but if they kill him early, they kill him early.

SabreX

• Newb
« Reply #14 on: <05-29-12/0359:24> »
I can pay attention to forums and D3 at the same time.

We will kill that shaman :P