NEWS

Geas (Fasting) & Nutrition

• 1 Replies

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« on: <05-22-12/0816:49> »
So, just wanting to confirm something I've noticed about how the two aforementioned items (The quality "Geas (Fasting)" and the spell "Nutrition") interact, which seems rather silly but very fundamentally undeniable.

According to the quality, as written, if someone has a Geas for Fasting, according to standard RAW they lose 1 magic for 24 hours after they "eat, drink, or accept any nourishment except water." The spell "provides a voluntary target with nourishment," via mana infusion.

On the face of it, it looks like that means successfully casting the Nutrition spell on someone breaks the Geas. Is that right, or am I missing something?
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

Dr. Meatgrinder

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • CDT Field Agent (#483)
« Reply #1 on: <05-22-12/0842:46> »
Sounds like the spell would break the target's Geas (Fasting), if she had it.  Fluff-wise, it's as much about the magician's psychological state as her physical state, and maybe the spell's effect feels enough like cheating on one's Geas to have the same effect.

The spell does require a voluntary target, so you couldn't use the spell to force a target to break the Geas.
Guiding principle for game balance:  Players avoid underpowered stuff and flock to overpowered stuff.
Missions Freelancer (SRM 04-10 Romero & Juliette, SRM 05-01 Chasin' the Wind, SRM 06-06 Falling Angels, PM-02 A Holy Piece of Wetwork)