NEWS

drones with hidden weapons

• 7 Replies

Ki_Ryn

• Newb
« on: <05-16-12/1520:35> »
Are there rules for concealing the weapon(s) that a drone has? For example, I have a Doberman that I use as a camera man for my videoblog ("Rigger Mortis: Remote Controlled Death") so he is set up with a good camera and all that and can generally move around in public with only minor hassles. Now I'd also like to add a gun to his weapon mount but have it internal, or retractable, or disguised as a microphone with a black foam ball on the end, or some such.

We're just using the core book but if there are guidelines in an expansion they could give us some ideas.

Lethe

• Omae
  • Every man dies. Not every man really lives.
« Reply #1 on: <05-16-12/1538:37> »
There are rules for concealed and internal weapon mounts in arsenal.

Henzington

• Omae
  • Stun rounds+Edge=Lethal
« Reply #2 on: <05-16-12/1855:11> »
the only issue is the amount of mod slots they use as its 4 for internal and 5 for concealed versus 2 for normal weapon mounts.
Whenever I am at a loss for I should do, I ask myself what would Michael Weston do?

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #3 on: <05-16-12/1921:21> »
Instead of trying to conceal the weapon mounts, camouflage the weapons as something else.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Falconer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <05-16-12/1945:02> »
Talk to your GM about modifying the existing external visibility fixed forward weapon mount.

Many will let you pay 2 mod slots to change it from external to internal visibility (so people have to open up the drone to see the gun.   Then you'd have to hide the gun port... so it's well hidden at least until the drone fires and blows it away).  Reminded of how they used to put tape over the MG gun ports of old WW2 fighters to decrease drag... until they were fired.

Fortunately Doberman as an anthroform walker drone has far less problems pointing the fixed forward gun in the right direction compared to say wheeled one.

_Pax_

« Reply #5 on: <05-16-12/2124:50> »
the only issue is the amount of mod slots they use as its 4 for internal and 5 for concealed versus 2 for normal weapon mounts.
Actually:

Fixed, 1 slot
Flexible, 2 slots
Turret, 3 slots
Heavy Turret, 4 slots

External, +0 slots
Internal, +2 slots
Concealed, +3 slots

Henzington

• Omae
  • Stun rounds+Edge=Lethal
« Reply #6 on: <05-16-12/2128:15> »
yeah i just assumed the same type but correct
Whenever I am at a loss for I should do, I ask myself what would Michael Weston do?

Ki_Ryn

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: <05-16-12/2329:56> »

Thanks - I'm glad to know it's possible at least.