NEWS

Possession and Rigging

• 35 Replies

Blue_Lion

• Omae
« Reply #30 on: <05-19-12/1019:15> »
Good thing is, that while this discussion may continue for another month and we still wont know correct answer, such topics do not emerge during the actual game too often...in that case it would be reason to play a different game than Shadowrun IMO.
And when at the table, it is solved in a few soconds by GMs decision and the world goes on. Good that I have players who respect and accept my decisions in such matter and we never had to dispute about rules for more than a few minutes.
When I say No, they find another way. And when they are creative and the idea itself is fun, I still may allow a few things beyond the description of rules. Actally...I hated rele lawyers before I begin to post on Forums and find out that there is lot of details that I missed  :D not that I become rules bitch now... at least I hope :)

In fact I like the precision upon a spirit domain in previous edition. I don't see it clealry nowadays.

To possess a weapon it seems obvious to me that your spirit must use a skill appropriate for the weapon or it's useless... Saying that, it left guardian spirit for most of them or its useless.
For a car it limits the choice to task spirit, even though I'm not sure physical or technical skills to be relevant for vehicule skills. Otherwise having a car spirit moving at the speed of the spirit can be not so bad if it has the movement power, otherwise...  :'(

A solution could be to have an "enginered or cybernetical" spirit with specific rules but I think that we would be narrowing sprites this way...  :-X
Actualy the spirts skill has nothing to do with it using its new boady. It does not pilot the car it is the car and moves normaly, not operating it the way a normal person does.
Think about it what is the skill to use your body there is not one, you are over thinking it and nerfing the crap out of it.  The spirt has no clue how its body works unless it has the right skill but do you need to know how your body works to walk around?

This is easy when spirit posess living vessel: mind is set to helplessly witness the spirits action, without any chance to afect its own body. Like watching the SIM.
Well, I cannot imagine this happening to remotely controled rigger, since rigger is not posessed and nothing defends him from controling the drone while jumped in.
The spirits control over the possessed object is magical and over rides any other control of it. The rigger would still be able to see threw the drones sensors but the drones body would be magically controlled in a way that renders his control over it impossible. It becomes the spirits body and its movements have nothing do with the normal control methods for it as it is a force of magic that makes the drone move while posses.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #31 on: <05-19-12/1028:30> »
Again, I have nothing more to say to this IMO.

Well:ů maybe one more...when you used the Body comparation

Every drone part is controled by electronics.
While Spirit is not/ strictly banned/ of using anything like electronic controll, this would make, using the body parallel, spirit posessing the drone Quadriplegic :D
« Last Edit: <05-19-12/1037:07> by Sichr »

Blue_Lion

• Omae
« Reply #32 on: <05-19-12/1344:51> »
Again, I have nothing more to say to this IMO.

Well:ů maybe one more...when you used the Body comparation

Every drone part is controled by electronics.
While Spirit is not/ strictly banned/ of using anything like electronic controll, this would make, using the body parallel, spirit posessing the drone Quadriplegic :D
Normaly it is controled by electronics but drones count as vehicle if you read the secion on possestion it list a vehicle as an example that the spirt  can control anything mechanicle about it, such as movement but not things only afected by electronics. As the drone has a motor and mechanicle based controls such as flaps, turning wheels changing pitch of the rotor that is how the spirt controls the drone.

Blue_Lion

• Omae
« Reply #33 on: <05-21-12/0012:20> »
Actualy a better way of saying is electrical based impulse control is over ridden automaticly by the spirt. Weather that is bio based or tech based. The spirt moves a magical force has no nerves to send signal so when it posses you move my a magical force and all input from electrical sorces is over ridden but not stoped. That whould be why you can still be aware durign a possesion but not act.

Medicineman

• Ace Runner
« Reply #34 on: <05-21-12/0455:04> »
Or (which is easier ImO) You just say (rightfully) its Magic and it works this way
(trying to bring physical explanations to magic is...ardous & futile)

Hough !
Medicineman
http://english.bouletcorp.com/2013/08/02/the-long-journey/
---------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1V7fi5IqYw
---------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RYlAPjyNm8

Blue_Lion

• Omae
« Reply #35 on: <05-21-12/1121:15> »
Or (which is easier ImO) You just say (rightfully) its Magic and it works this way
(trying to bring physical explanations to magic is...ardous & futile)

Hough !
Medicineman

Acutaly that is exacty what ever tradtion is the way a mage explans his magic working, and much reserch goes into magic. Magic does have some rules to it so it is partly explained.