NEWS

Anthroform combat drones

• 11 Replies

Tsuarok

• Chummer
« on: <05-16-12/0823:04> »
All the anthroform combat drones I've been able to find are cyborgs.  I'd been hoping for one for my rigger, but without the CCU.  So I tried to calculate the cost of an anthroform without the cyborg adaptation or brain.  According to Arsenal (pg. 134), the adaptation costs 15k, and the brain, 250k. 

However, the Mitsuhama Otomo only costs 150k, including the brain.  I understand that a prepackaged deal can be cheaper than buying separately, but they should not be cheaper than buying just one of the items. 

If I ever wanted to use a cyborg-controlled boat, or whatever, I'd just buy an Otomo and the adaptation and slot the thing in.  Hey look, you just paid me 100k to take a combat anthroform drone off your hands!

Anyway, how much would ya'll charge for a non-cyborg anthroform drone?

Lethe

• Omae
  • Every man dies. Not every man really lives.
« Reply #1 on: <05-16-12/0845:55> »
If it should look like a human,
- take all the synthetic cyberlimbs + double cost for cyberskull since there is no synthetic version.
- add some for a kind of synchronized control and balance motor unit / control node, since the limbs alone won't work
- reduce some for the package deal
and you might end up at 110k base cost or something like that

if the limbs should have above average stats or the control node a high device rating it will cost extra
sensors and weapons are extra as well.

Edit:
If you want just the anthroform without the synthetics around, it will be available for 80k base cost.
For a flexible humanlike humanoid robot, without the anthroform, i would charge 40k.
If you want a restricted piece of metal to wash your dishes you can get a manservant :P
« Last Edit: <05-16-12/0854:40> by Lethe »

TheNarrator

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <05-16-12/0850:11> »
For non-cyborg anthroform drones, there's also the Evo Orderly and the Renraku Manservant-3.

I'm pretty sure that the cost of the Mitsuhama cyborg drone bodies includes the Cyborg Adaptation to let you mount the CCU, but not the CCU itself. Aside from the CCU not being listed in the "Standard Upgrades" portion of the entry, just the adaptation, I also like to think that the writers of the book would have been a little more explicit if the product that the players might be purchasing came with a freaking live human brain.  :o

I don't know if the Otomo can even be purchased without the Cyborg Adaptation, since that was its intended purchase. I'm guessing that you'll just have to buy the unit as-is and then just not use (or even remove, if there's anything to be gained by it) the plug-in slot for the CCU.

Lethe

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <05-16-12/0857:55> »
 A manservent is just humanoid and not anthroform, there are differences. It also has lots of restrictions, superweak arms to not harm anyone, as well as special leg motorics, making it unable to kick or run fast.

Edit:
But that the CCU is not part of the cyborg itself is a good point. Have asked myself the same question.
So if you want a standalone anthroform cyborg you'd still have to pay the full price, and maybe get a rigger adaptation instead of the cyborg one.
« Last Edit: <05-16-12/0910:26> by Lethe »

Tsuarok

• Chummer
« Reply #4 on: <05-16-12/0956:19> »
Oh, I guess maybe it's not included.  It's not very clear.  There's not even an entry for the CCU, just a sidenote in the price for the cyborg adaptation.  Plus, cyborgs need special maintenance facilities which isn't even mentioned.  That section could really use elaboration.

But I guess the wildly incongruent pricing does suggest that the Otomo is without the CCU. 

As for the Evo and manservant, I was thinking of something combat worthy, not a maid/nurse.  Plus the Otomos can pass as metahumans.

TheNarrator

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <05-16-12/1158:39> »
Most of the details on CCUs are in Augmentation (since it's a surgery thing) rather than in Arsenal.

I'm pretty sure that the cyborg drone bodies come already rigger-adapted, just like all drones do. So a rigger should be able to buy an Otomo and use it as a drone straight out of the box.

Lethe

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <05-16-12/1320:37> »
Yes, seems plausible that the cyborg adaptation includes a rigger adaptation.

Tsuarok

• Chummer
« Reply #7 on: <05-16-12/1734:41> »
Makes sense, the CCU is just a jar o' rigger.

bangbangtequila

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: <05-16-12/1829:36> »
Makes sense, the CCU is just a jar o' rigger.
;D ;D ;D
Quoted for making me laugh during my lecture as a mime in a real glass box popped into my head.

Blue_Lion

• Omae
« Reply #9 on: <05-19-12/1837:45> »
Actualy the cheepest way for a human looking anthroform combat drone is modifing the manservent 3. (starting price 2.5K) Mimic modifaction to make it look human is rating X5000. so cheepest is 7,500 you may need to replace the arms and maybe special equipent to redo the hip joints for full combat movment. so 15.5K +X should still be cheeper than Mitsuhama Otomo. (most likely less than 20K) The big draw back whould be the need to increase its foot speed, but it is a humannoid shape to start with.
And the listed cyborg bodies price does not  include the CCU it is not a standard feature listed. But they are the equivlent of delta grade tech.

Lethe

• Omae
« Reply #10 on: <05-19-12/1929:15> »
The mimic modification is not well-thought-out, just a cheap errata fix. Its cost should definitely scale with body and there is no hint to what the nutrient package that you have to replace more or less every day is going to cost like.

Blue_Lion

• Omae
« Reply #11 on: <05-20-12/0239:40> »
The mimic modification is not well-thought-out, just a cheap errata fix. Its cost should definitely scale with body and there is no hint to what the nutrient package that you have to replace more or less every day is going to cost like.
Well i see your point you just going to have to have your tables GM make a ruling. I whould assume a months worth be 500 new yen or less.