NEWS

Running L.A.

• 1 Replies

Maded

• Chummer
« on: <05-15-12/0000:36> »
So I'm prepping a new game to run for my local group, and I'm setting it in L.A. I'm calling the game All That Glitters, and building it up over on Obsidian Portal. Feel free to take a look, everything up there isn't finalized yet though.

I'm going to use this thread as a vehicle for questions to posit to some of the other GMs out there about the area, how to get a campaign rolling in it, and thoughts on a variety of subjects related to L.A., the PCC and Shadowrun.

In no particular order of importance, here's a few thoughts and questions thrown out. I'm sure there will be more, and any help and answers are greatly appreciated.

* Local restrictions and legality/availability of various gear stuffs. After reading through NAN Vol. 1, the first thing I am noticing is that the PCC has in the past been highly restrictive of personal body armor and weaponry. I'm wondering, based upon absorbing LA into the PCC, what might have changed about that. Not much about it is mentioned in 4e materials at all, so I am putting that out there for discussion.

* I kind of like the idea of running in LA being a sort of popularity game with P2.0 as a vehicle for bumping a 'runner's rep even higher. It's noted that not everyone has a P2.0 profile in LA, but almost everyone wants one. I'm thinking every PC should start with a fake SIN with a P2.0 account attached to it as their public shadow-face. But it's mentioned that creating a P2.0 account isn't very easy. Any thoughts on how this could be incorporated, or why it would be any more difficult compared to creating a fake identity in the first place?

* I'm thinking about centering the first run around recovery of some sunken treasure trove, and having multiple teams of 'runners (including the PCs) vying for the prize. But I'm not having an easy time of coming up with a viable treasure that would have survived being shaken up and submerged for three years (starting in October of 2072) in the aftermath of The Twins. Any thoughts?

*Personalities: I've got a few contacts and prime runners built up and ready to go, but I'm in the market for more. If anybody's got any ideas for contacts/prime runners they're willing to throw out for use, I'm open.

I'm sure more will come, but I'm off for bed now... the day job calls early.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the WAR ROOM!

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #1 on: <05-15-12/0005:30> »
Give me a ring if you want to find out about my group's adventures in "The Magic Kingdom".  ;D
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11