NEWS

[Recruitment] Something a bit new.

• 46 Replies

SeriousOne338

• Omae
« on: <05-14-12/1345:03> »
Well having lost the game I was a PC in I’ve decided to start a new campaign. While I am starting work on the actual storyline, I can take spots for players.

Here are the requirements for players:
-I am looking for the players to make about two posts a week.
-Character Generation is either: 750 Karmagen, or 400BP
-I am not allowing the Restricted Gear quality, so keep with standard availability.
  -I will allow one piece of Availability 16
  -Also keep weaponry down to a minimum 3rd world nations need loads of guns you don't.
-Please keep the crazy to a medium.
- Yes to free knowledge (intuition+logic)*3
-no to free contacts, you're going to have to pay for them. IF you take the hung out to dry quality you can take non.

-Last but no least have fun

The game will start in Seattle, but will possibly go a little far afield like Portland or the Olympic Peninsula.

I have 4 openings.
« Last Edit: <05-14-12/1515:32> by SeriousOne338 »
Colors: Speech, Thought, Matrix
Character:
Dos.Boot http://forums.shadowrun4.com/index.php?topic=7368.15

Lethe

• Omae
  • Every man dies. Not every man really lives.
« Reply #1 on: <05-14-12/1428:57> »
Sorry to hear that, happened to me also a couple of times. I'd like to join, but only if you decide for karma gen. I like that one better and its offered here only sparely. Which setting doesn't matter much to me, i guess, the journey is the reward, but i like the low brutality approach.

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <05-14-12/1452:48> »
Sorry to hear that, happened to me also a couple of times. I'd like to join, but only if you decide for karma gen. I like that one better and its offered here only sparely. Which setting doesn't matter much to me, i guess, the journey is the reward, but i like the low brutality approach.

From reading the OP, it would appear he's doing the right thing and allowing people to use whichever generation system they feel most comfortable with (I do heavily suggest adding the house rule for the free knowledge points for those using the karma one).

That said, you seem to do a rather good job with games, so I may try putting together a Shinto tradition version of the mage in my sig.
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Netzgeist

• Ace Runner
  • Serpens, nisi serpentem comederit, non fit draco
« Reply #3 on: <05-14-12/1453:24> »
Two posts a week does not seem too demanding at all...

I would be interested also. There's a Face/Hacker adept character I've been trying to give a try (and it would be a really nice character in Karmagen)...

Also, Cha*2 Free contacts or not?

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <05-14-12/1503:35> »
I'd like to join. Would like clarification on the build system--are we allowed to use our preference, as Big Guns suggested? what house rules should we use (free knowledge points/contacts)? And by keeping crazy to a medium--does that mean that we should avoid the obvious munchkin qualities (in debt, amnesia, etc.)?
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

SeriousOne338

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <05-14-12/1520:57> »
I'd like to join. Would like clarification on the build system--are we allowed to use our preference, as Big Guns suggested? what house rules should we use (free knowledge points/contacts)?

Use your preference, I personally like BP but many people like karma and will complain if its not an option.

And by keeping crazy to a medium--does that mean that we should avoid the obvious munchkin qualities (in debt, amnesia, etc.)?
humm let me think of a good example, surge class 3 that is an escaped clone and owns more guns and ammo than a streetsam, who also has flash backs.... get the idea, stick with something simpler. IF you think your character will need a campaign that solely revolves around you, you're doing it wrong.

So qualities to avoid, Amnesia is at the top of the list. Wanted might become a problem, and surge characters need to keep the crazy to a minimum. IF you want to play a monster I will bring monster hunters to bare.
Character:

Lysanderz

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <05-14-12/1527:47> »
I have an eco-terrorist that I've been meaning to tug out of storage, I haven't been around here in a bit but 2 posts a week is cake and I'd love the chance to play.

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #7 on: <05-14-12/1535:19> »
One question, why no Restricted Gear? It just strikes me as odd is all, and I wanted to know the reasoning. (*will never make another character like Sidhe due to feelings of needing a shower from it*)

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #8 on: <05-14-12/1552:22> »
If it doesn't sound too high on the crazy, I'd like to revamp my character Tachikoma for this game. AI Rigger. I have a charsheet for the current form, but will rebuild from the ground up for the game.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

SeriousOne338

• Omae
« Reply #9 on: <05-14-12/1606:52> »
One question, why no Restricted Gear? It just strikes me as odd is all, and I wanted to know the reasoning. (*will never make another character like Sidhe due to feelings of needing a shower from it*)
I would like it better if you need to work for the crazy things, assault cannons, miniguns, heavy drones, tanks. Or level 3 move by wire, and the dangerous well that is augmentation book.  IF you are a god to begin with in the game, no challenge then why play?
Character:

Marak1972

• Omae
« Reply #10 on: <05-14-12/1607:42> »
I have a troll gunslinger adept I can do 2 posts a week +
no no no thats a BIG BUG
green - speech
blue - thought
Hello mon come on and letd get dis party started no

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #11 on: <05-14-12/1615:04> »
I would like it better if you need to work for the crazy things, assault cannons, miniguns, heavy drones, tanks. Or level 3 move by wire, and the dangerous well that is augmentation book.  IF you are a god to begin with in the game, no challenge then why play?

Normally, for casters, I use it for Force 4 Power Focus (though for implant characters, the Suprathyroid sometimes--I still think they went more than a little ridiculous with that thing's availability). Not deal breaker, was just wondering since I think the Force 3 would be within your 'one item' limit--just can't remember if it was rating x 5 or rating x 4.

Netzgeist

• Ace Runner
  • Serpens, nisi serpentem comederit, non fit draco
« Reply #12 on: <05-14-12/1632:02> »
I've send the character I've envisioned (at least a first draft) via Personal Message.

Lethe

• Omae
  • Every man dies. Not every man really lives.
« Reply #13 on: <05-15-12/0417:28> »
May i suggest two karmagen houserules that blend perfectly and are both available in chummer?
Make metatypes costs karma like in bpgen, but therefor treat metataype minimum as 1 when raising attributes.
Together it will result in more fitting metatypes chosen, instead of just picking the best free boost.

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #14 on: <05-15-12/0845:43> »
May i suggest two karmagen houserules that blend perfectly and are both available in chummer?
Make metatypes costs karma like in bpgen, but therefor treat metataype minimum as 1 when raising attributes.
Together it will result in more fitting metatypes chosen, instead of just picking the best free boost.

Ok, at this point, we've had a fair number of questions about house rules that impact character generation (knowledge skills in karmagen, free contact points, Lethe's suggestion...). It'd be great if the GM could tell us exactly which house rules he wants us to use--ideally, as they're listed in Chummer.
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!