NEWS

Technomancers questions.

• 6 Replies

Basic

• Ace Runner
  • the game is rigged
« on: <05-13-12/1202:52> »
I wanted to know if they can get in to machines that don't have wifi ?

I herd they can do this with Machine sprites. If they do have this ablity please can you tell me what page they say this.
--Is today the day you thought about doing something, or the day you did something?--

--We cheat Death from his rightful victory. No one can defeat us we are glad to plunge feet first into hell in the knowledge that we will rise.--

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #1 on: <05-13-12/1207:38> »
If it connects to the matrix, either via wireless or a hardwired connection, they can get in. Of course, a vehicle that only accepts connections through the sat link means that they'd first have to bounce off a satellite themselves. There is a technomancer echo that allows them to use their body like a skinlink, even allowing them to link to devices that are not skinlink compatible. Meaning that a technomancer could hack into a vehicle that wasn't wireless enabled by touching it. Of course, once they were no longer touching it, they'd have to have some other means of maintaining the link.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #2 on: <05-13-12/1256:39> »
If it connects to the matrix, either via wireless or a hardwired connection, they can get in. Of course, a vehicle that only accepts connections through the sat link means that they'd first have to bounce off a satellite themselves. There is a technomancer echo that allows them to use their body like a skinlink, even allowing them to link to devices that are not skinlink compatible. Meaning that a technomancer could hack into a vehicle that wasn't wireless enabled by touching it. Of course, once they were no longer touching it, they'd have to have some other means of maintaining the link.

Wow, that's an impressive ability I was not aware of! And opens a whole new door of techno-catburglars!!
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

ChicagosFinest

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <05-14-12/1715:07> »
What ability/book is that in that allows you to skin link as a techno?

Netzgeist

• Ace Runner
  • Serpens, nisi serpentem comederit, non fit draco
« Reply #4 on: <05-14-12/1716:59> »
What ability/book is that in that allows you to skin link as a techno?

Unwired, pg. 147. It's the Skinlink Echo.

bangbangtequila

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <05-15-12/0849:46> »
Yeah. Unwired Echoes are insanely awesome. My current technomancer gunslinger is rocking the equivalent of a rating three Wired reflexes system without any implantation thanks to Acceleration.

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #6 on: <05-15-12/1029:49> »
Machine Sprites in your smartgun~