NEWS

Is sim a superset of image link etc?

• 37 Replies

Ki_Ryn

• Newb
« Reply #30 on: <05-16-12/2327:22> »

Sounds like a geat candidate for the errata and the next printing. For now though, we're trying to use the rules as written (which say a cyber Smarlink s just "An implatned version of the smartlink enchancement".). Nothing in there about external and internal versions having different capabilities - must be a trode or something that comes with smartlink + image link (which is wacked if you have them in your contact lense :).

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #31 on: <05-16-12/2335:03> »

Sounds like a geat candidate for the errata and the next printing. For now though, we're trying to use the rules as written (which say a cyber Smarlink s just "An implatned version of the smartlink enchancement".). Nothing in there about external and internal versions having different capabilities - must be a trode or something that comes with smartlink + image link (which is wacked if you have them in your contact lense :).

Probably eye-flicker monitoring or something. ;)
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #32 on: <05-17-12/0300:58> »

Probably eye-flicker monitoring or something. ;)

::) = Eject clip
 ;) = Set fire mode to Burst fire
 >:( = Full Automatic
 ;D = Single shot

But serriously.
I was also thinking about this kind of controls, like monitoring eye movement and this "eye-flicker monitoring". Also, I recall when reading Starship troopers, that that armor of theirs had controlls atached to mimic muscles etc. well, this is out since Smartlink is strictly eye/sight improvement RAW.

_Pax_

« Reply #33 on: <05-17-12/0655:28> »
Eh.  Eye-movement-tracking, with an AR interface hovering next to the weapon itself.  Look at the "Change fire mode" button, blink twice, it cycles to the next mode.  Look at the "eject magazine" button, blink twice, *pop* out it comes.

That's whether you're using goggles, or cyberyes, IMO.  :)

Lethe

• Omae
  • Every man dies. Not every man really lives.
« Reply #34 on: <05-17-12/0719:10> »
Nice toy, but takes ages longer than a thought, probably even longer than just using the switch with the finger already next to it.

Blue_Lion

• Omae
« Reply #35 on: <05-18-12/1335:52> »
LOL they droped the difrence between implanted and vision enhancment types of smart link for 4th ed. In eareler ed, you can get goggles but they only provided the bonus to hit, while the cyber implant ganve you full remote control. So it is a case of streamline rules creating a odd logic loop.

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #36 on: <05-19-12/0110:50> »
So it is another case of streamline rules creating a odd logic loop.

Fixed it for you. ;D
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

Blue_Lion

• Omae
« Reply #37 on: <05-19-12/0306:56> »
So it is another case of streamline rules creating a odd logic loop.

Fixed it for you. ;D

LOL i delete that word out becuase when i typed it looked like spelled it wrong and did not feel like looking up the spelling.