NEWS

Could a Rigger Build an Android ?

• 25 Replies

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #15 on: <05-12-12/2207:02> »
And I do. Weakened? Definitely. But still around? Yes, I would think so. They've just been hiding. Megaera and Mirage never sought out the spotlight, anyways, and Deus is too canny to announce his presence. Deus is all about survival and freedom, at any cost, which means that everyone assuming he's dead is a Good ThingTM. Plus, these days there are so many 'ghosts in the machine' that it is easy for just one more entity to hide out in the Matrix.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #16 on: <05-12-12/2319:14> »
Pay no attention to the dragon chuckling under his scales in the corner.  ;)
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #17 on: <05-12-12/2344:31> »
So GW found Big D and brought him back to earth?
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #18 on: <05-13-12/0920:27> »
So GW found Big D and brought him back to earth?
Don't see why he would...  Not like Dunkie has a body any longer...  Also...  *Points at the ravening Horrors that Dunkie's holding back*
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #19 on: <05-13-12/1326:45> »
Something about Alamise and a fruitcake, he was talking crazy.
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #20 on: <05-13-12/1349:59> »
Ok, this has got me thinking about the AI baddie in my current campaign... Due to what it is and where, resources are not an overriding issue... But my question is:

What rules would you follow to build the body? Treat it as a standard drone using cyber enhancements and what-not? Go forward as if a cyber zombie using the atomo athromorph frame as a starting point?

Given the state of bioware technologies in shadowrun it should be possible to look also identical to a human (or Ork, elf, etc) So how would a person spot it as non-human other than astrally?
Would it HAVE an aura (a weak one??)? If it has emotions and a personality, would it not be alive and project that astrally?? Or for all of that, is it still a construct and the essence of humanity that makes us project an aura still missing from it?

(boy I hate existential theory!!)
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Overture

• Newb
  • Don't turn your back on the city.
« Reply #21 on: <05-13-12/1930:20> »
How you construct it depends on its purpose. If you want this thing to be a boss fight for N characters with K karma apiece, I'd start it as a cyberzombie, since those are intentionally overpowered to begin with. If you want to play it more realistically, then yeah, I'd probably build it up as a drone.

I'd presume movement would be an easy way to pick it out of a crowd. Human motion is very intricate with all sorts of subtleties that are a pain to simulate; of course, if you want to eliminate this, invoke the Sufficiently Advanced Pilot clause and say it can handle that much processing or whatever.

Aura and essence has to do with being a living creature and not necessarily having a consciousness, from what I understand. (Do coma patients have auras?) There are some species of bacteria that are dual-natured, IIRC (which an AI with enough resources and a suitably sadistic DM could, in theory, load its shell with to disguise it even further, even if a closer examination would probably reveal "hey that's a pile of bacteria not an actual person's aura). So, basically, I'd say no, it wouldn't have an aura or essence because it's an artificial creature, even though it's sentient.

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #22 on: <05-13-12/2223:57> »
Cool, thanks...

Not a 'boss fight' per say, more like a series of fights with more and more advanced models.
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

TheNarrator

• Omae
« Reply #23 on: <05-14-12/0347:38> »
For figuring out android stats, one way would be to start with the drone in Arsenal that's capable of passing for a human (to at least casual inspection), and modifying as needed.

bangbangtequila

• Omae
« Reply #24 on: <05-16-12/0828:39> »
Well if you want to make it realistic, why not just use the established rules?  ;)

You can have realistic cyberlimbs. There is a listed limb for every part of the human body. So you load the home-node into the torso, and a fancy-shmancy 'link into the head for usefulness and handling the piloting algorithms and stuff, and bam. You have a by default 'real' human, at least as real as many a runner out there. As you improve the model, since essence isn't an issue, you can just slap in more and more powerful mods and other 'ware.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #25 on: <05-16-12/1256:12> »
I wanted to know could a Rigger Build an Android for a AI to inhabit so it has physical form ?

Got the Idea after watching
Project KARA
http://youtu.be/xM2Rkqvd5uY

Would be a Interesting story arch to have the team have to go after a Rigger who built a Android for his AI Lover

With your permission (youv found it first :)) link reposted here:
http://forums.shadowrun4.com/index.php?topic=6033.0