NEWS

Lifestyle qulity

• 16 Replies

Basic

• Ace Runner
  • the game is rigged
« on: <05-09-12/0339:01> »
Is there a life style garrulity were you can have a false wall that when pressed correct will open to show what ever you have hidden in there or maybe a whole room full of weapons or other goods hidden by this wall.
--Is today the day you thought about doing something, or the day you did something?--

--We cheat Death from his rightful victory. No one can defeat us we are glad to plunge feet first into hell in the knowledge that we will rise.--

Lucek

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <05-09-12/0347:28> »
I don't think this is in the books but that's not something hard. I think you could get away with this in a low cheep apartment. If I was the GM I'd say minimum low level lifestyle, an investment of a few hundred perhaps a thousand to build the false wall and possibly a monthly bribe for the landlord/super.

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #2 on: <05-09-12/0351:05> »
any "Fluf" to a life style liek this should be run past your GM and he can make the call. After all, what he charges might depend on your life style and living arrangments.

For me as a GM in my game, anyone with a high lifestyle could have it for free, but would be limited to the size of a closet. For a low lifestyle, a medicine chest size and a few hundred $$.
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Lucek

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <05-09-12/0434:35> »
The difference between,

and

Basic

• Ace Runner
  • the game is rigged
« Reply #4 on: <05-09-12/0521:38> »
--Is today the day you thought about doing something, or the day you did something?--

--We cheat Death from his rightful victory. No one can defeat us we are glad to plunge feet first into hell in the knowledge that we will rise.--

Smileinbob

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <05-09-12/0614:28> »
thats not even really a false wall... thats just book cases on hinged swing mounts i would called that pretty easy for even medium... and hollowing out the box springs of a bed and covering it with board lattice (for supporting the mattress) is another easy way for lower rent lifestyles to hide a small aresnal

Lucek

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <05-09-12/0652:58> »
Another option. There is corner cabinetry that could hold dozens of handguns or several assault rifles and or sawed off shotguns. Simply modifying it so the rear rack isn't visible by installing a piece of MDF. Real world money the $299.99.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #7 on: <05-09-12/0721:25> »
I agree that you shouldn't need a quality for something like this, but that the nature and size of the hiding space should be run by the DM ahead of time. I wouldn't make someone pay for the hidey-hole unless it was a) big enough to hold people, or b) shielded from scanners/warded against magical detection. Probably +1 LP each. So a storage space in a hollowed out mattress? 0 LP. A sliding bookcase that hides a shielded compartment? 1 LP. A panic room that boasts shielding from scanners and wards against astral intrusions? 3 LP.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #8 on: <05-09-12/1116:00> »
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

_Pax_

« Reply #9 on: <05-09-12/1150:38> »
Well, how about these:

Hidden Storage (+1 or +2 LP)
  You have one or more cleverly hidden storage compartments in your home, whose total volume is equal to half your Necessities rating, in cubic meters.  These compartments have -6 concealability.  For 2 points, the compartments are also shielded, providing a -4 Conealability versus all non-magical searches.

Concealed Room (+2 or +3 LP; requires Necessities at Squatter or higher)
  You have an entire (small) room with a single entrance and floor space equal to twice your Necessities rating in square meters, that is hidden from outside detection.  For 2 points, the concealment is visual and auditory, with a -6 Concealability.  For 3 points, they also gain a -4 Concealability against all other non-magical searches.  If your lifestyle includes "Escape Tunnel", you may have the entrance be within this room - and your Safe Room has multiple entrances, allowing you to enter it from nearly any room in your home.  You cannot have both "Concealed room" and "Safe Room" at the same time.

Safe Room (+3 or +4 LP; requires Necessities at Middle or higher)
  You have a Concealed Room as above, but the walls and entrance are armored and reinforced (increase both Armor and Structure by +4, to a minimum of 10) and the door has mechanical locks that may only be operated manually, from inside the room.  This room is supplied with food, water, and power at two Necessities levels lower than usual, suitable for three days (for the number of permanent residents).  If your lifestyle includes "Escape Tunnel", you may have the entrance be within this room - and your Safe Room has multiple entrances, allowing you to enter it from nearly any room in your home.  You cannot have both "Concealed room" and "Safe Room" at the same time.

CitizenJoe

• Ace Runner
« Reply #10 on: <05-09-12/1847:20> »
Please don't shoehorn something this specific into something as vague as lifestyle.  This is just something you buy in game and have done.

_Pax_

« Reply #11 on: <05-09-12/2007:48> »
The Advanced Lifestyle rules already have plenty of "something this specific" in them.  Escape Tunnel, Concerned Neighbor, Perfect Room-mate, Rad Pad, Workplace, Defective CHN, Green Plan, Living with Parents, and so forth.

The beauty of those rules is that if you want to, you can have a very specific, detailed lifestyle ... rather than the rather generic "default" lifestyles from the core book.  And more, if you don't want to ... YOU[/i] don't have to.

All of which means there's no reason for you to be pissing in anyone's wheaties, if they do want an Advanced Lifestyle.

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #12 on: <05-12-12/2211:46> »
I think these are good add-ons to the Lifestyle rules.  +1 to _Pax_ for coming up with them, -1 to CitizenJoe for being a dick about it.
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

JoeNapalm

• Ace Runner
  • Ifriti Sophist
« Reply #13 on: <05-14-12/0646:05> »

You cannot have both "Concealed room" and "Safe Room" at the same time.

???

Curious...why not?

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

Mason

• Ace Runner
  • You don't know as many spells as I do, omae!
« Reply #14 on: <05-14-12/0657:10> »

You cannot have both "Concealed room" and "Safe Room" at the same time.

???

Curious...why not?

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

Because Safe Room specifies it is a Concealed room with extra stuff, would be my guess. Of course, I don't see why you couldn't have multiple Concealed or Safe rooms if you are willing to pay for it.