NEWS

Help filling out some details. Ares/Insect related run

• 1 Replies

Cailieg

• Newb
« on: <05-04-12/1629:09> »
So I decided to do a different kind of game. Thankfully I have a group that is up for a game such as I am running.

Shadowrun as a Horror game.

The Premise: Ares needs to test their hybridized insect soldiers somehow. As they are in early testing stages of human insect spirit hybridization they have chosen and built their test facility around an older partially flooded mine. Player find themselves as those fed to the system to check for conversion rates, increased power of introduced soldier units etc. First session was their captures and their "testing" to make sure they were suited for testing. Players will next awake in a pitch black mine in water knee deep.

Aimed for feel: The feel I am going for is a bit of SAW mixed with John Carpenter's The Thing in a setting that makes the players feel a little bit like they are in The Hills Have Eyes 2 Mine Scenes while dealing with Alien(s) like themes.

Heavy use of Ambient Lighting (Candles, Low Light) Heavy use of Softrope RPG sound mixer (water dripping, sounds in caves) to create ambient mood. I am having a lot of fun in prepping this. I have always wanted to run a Horror game, and HorrorRun sounds like a fun way to do Shadowrun.

Players have agreed to have had their abilities somewhat restriction until later test phases.Cyber players have had limiters implanted as "mysterious implant", the one mage agreed to being dosed with a weaponized injection form of short term FAB that has hindered her abilities as well.

I have created a series of additional party members for them to meet that fit various stereotypes.

My players also fit various Horror/Movie Stereotypes. We have.

The Rich Bitch- Daughter of a prominent corp exec who ran away. While on the Pacific high her ship ran afoul of an Ares test facility in the ocean, during which she began to question her rearing and the horrors she partook of and thought the world consisted of. If Ares knew who she was she would not be in here, but sadly for her, they don't. Aztlanian corporate brat, and yes she is or was what you would expect. She used to have people who displeased her killed, if she did not get creative before they died. (Mage, female player)

The Lawman- Former Lonestar Deputy in the CAS he gave up the shield when a friend got his promotion after an accident, became a PI and began following disappearances, ended up in the wrong place, at the wrong time and was taken by Ares (Leader, male player)

The Military Dog-  Darkwater Spec Forces, he was betrayed after a run against Ares, a run that was all a setup by his wife who was like unto Judas, a betrayer, he evaded capture for ten years until Ares caught up with him, right about now he wishes Darkwater had caught him first. he is just glad his daughter who blames him for the death of his traitor wife (she died in the firefight in which she turned on him) who is a cybered Type-O system girl in full Deltaware didn't find him first, as she has sworn to take his head. (Street Sam, male player)

Then the mooks who fit some horror movie stereotypes, to be sacrificed gruesomely are.

The Loner- Satyr Male age 21
The Bigot- Humanist Human male age 34
The Minority- Goblin boy from the Barrens age 17
The Junkie- Human NAN Runaway caught in Seattle hooked on Bliss Female 22
The Hot Bitch- Elven Girl with a Spanish Decent 26 female obviously
The Jock- Non Cybered Sports Star (screwing the Hot Bitch) Male 25
The Tough- Lightly Cybered Troll Male 21
The Geek- Dwarf teenage Male into video games and shy 17
The Quiet Girl- Orc Female 19

Now what I need is,

Some juicy, evil twisted hybrid abominable things or encounters for them to face. I have a bunch already, but, any ideas from my fellow Shadowrun GMs would be nice to mull over incorporating.

Alexis
*smiles*
« Last Edit: <05-04-12/1813:31> by Cailieg »

CitizenJoe

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <05-05-12/1257:17> »
When FAB-III was first used in Chicago to stop the bugs, I had a few of the NAN shamans right on the edge of declaring war against Ares and the UCAS for such an obvious threat.  An anti-magic biological weapon of mass destruction...  You might have someone playing that angle.