NEWS

What minis do you use for Shadowrun?

• 52 Replies

Devil

• Omae
« Reply #30 on: <10-02-10/1733:25> »
Is Battletech a mini game or an rpg?

I don't remember alot about the cartoon, cuz I was a kid, but I remember it being pretty cool. Mechs are just badass.

I want to build one, but it costs so much just for the system of hydraulics it requires. I am facebook friends with a dude that built one, though. Its like 18 feet tall. something like that.

The Doomed One

• Chummer
« Reply #31 on: <10-02-10/1823:18> »
Is Battletech a mini game or an rpg?
If memory serves, it is a mini game, but there is an RPG.
Pie > Cake

Chaotic Insane

• Omae
« Reply #32 on: <10-02-10/2100:57> »
Not too fond of the RPG. XD Never bothered with it. 99% of it's played as a tabletop wargame. Think warhammer with much cheaper minis, smaller units, mechs, and a lot less dice. XD
"People say I hate the living. It's not true. I just happen to see the potential inside all people; those great things anyone can do if they aren't trapped in their own consciousness and morals. And when I unlock that potential, death is the side-effect. I can't help that." - Dr. McMourning

Squinky

• Newb
« Reply #33 on: <10-02-10/2139:44> »
Hi guys!

I made a conversion from a 40k ork in the last day or so. It's to represent my ugly as hell Troll sammy "Monster"

http://squinkyproductions.deviantart.com/#/d2zybkj

Seems to work good. Next time I will use a Nob body though, he isn't quite massive as I'd like.

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #34 on: <10-02-10/2302:39> »
Not too fond of the RPG. XD Never bothered with it. 99% of it's played as a tabletop wargame. Think warhammer with much cheaper minis, smaller units, mechs, and a lot less dice. XD
I always kind of liked the RPG.  Complicated, weird ass rules, but interesting fun.  My friends and I had most of the various BattleTech games and mixed them up pretty well, creating some truly epic (and at times confusing) games.

Devil

• Omae
« Reply #35 on: <10-02-10/2357:48> »

A mini game I might be able to afford to play? Sweet.

Never got into Warhammer because it's so expensive to build your little armies. I'd like to try some of the 40k games some time though. My friend was telling me about Blood Bowl and some other 40k game. Sounded like alot of fun.

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #36 on: <10-03-10/0006:52> »
Well, Battletech doesn't have any claptrap about "only official minis are allowed".

Heck, at one point I think someone was selling little printed cardboard Battletech minis?

I know they made cheap plastic Battlemech minis at one point too.

Most Battletech games are played at a unit level, with one or two lances (5 mechs each) per side.

There are point buying rules to build your lances but a lot of folks I know just set a total tonnage per side.

-k

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #37 on: <10-03-10/0014:52> »
My 4thEd box for it had printed cardboard minis.  I used a combination of those, cheap plastic ones, a couple of pewter minis, legos, those green army men, and G.I. Joes.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...

Teutonic Overlord

• Administrator
  • Omae
« Reply #39 on: <10-03-10/2142:04> »
I use a combination of the old Ral Partha and IWM SR minis.  I have a friend that does an awesome job painting them.
Ray Rigel
Former Shadowrun Missions Developer and Event Coordinator
Catalyst Demo Team

WalksWithWiFi

• Newb
« Reply #40 on: <10-04-10/1021:26> »
so, after looking at IWM i have to say thank you to whoever mentioned them here first,
as i did not know someone was still dropping metal into those old molds.
Now, i am going to have to recollect them, as i gave away most my miniatures during my youth.

Personally, i have been using a mixture of the "Chronoscope" line by Reaper, along with a few Privateer
press "Warmachine/Iron Kingdoms" mini's and "Malifaux" by Wyrd miniatures.
a few place markers,etc.
This is my first go using miniatures with Shadowrun, and so far, its worked nicely.

I also personally think Squinky's converted WH40k ork>Troll is awesomesauce.

Usda Beph

• Omae
  • aka Black Angus
« Reply #41 on: <10-04-10/1026:25> »
You are welcome.
Yeah, I'm A Minotaur! You Gotta Beef with that?
I'm a Minotaur not a bully!
I studied at the Rocky Mountain Culinary School.I specialized in Seafood.
My Dad worked out of el Toro In New Mexico.

Grymjack

• Newb
« Reply #42 on: <10-04-10/1306:23> »
Can we get back on topic here...LOL.

So what are your general impression about the IWM Shadowrun line?
Asgard Games (Houston, Tx) Shadowrun Demo Agent
www.asgardgames.net

Usda Beph

• Omae
  • aka Black Angus
« Reply #43 on: <10-04-10/1319:07> »
Generally speaking, and I don't like going here, the IWM Shadowrun line needs more veriety.There needs to be a GunSpec, Sammie, et all for all the races, & both sexes including the Surge races from Runner Companion (IIRC). once they have had time to catch on. I think a Hobgoblin bodyguard would look rather cool!
Yeah, I'm A Minotaur! You Gotta Beef with that?
I'm a Minotaur not a bully!
I studied at the Rocky Mountain Culinary School.I specialized in Seafood.
My Dad worked out of el Toro In New Mexico.

Grymjack

• Newb
« Reply #44 on: <10-04-10/1506:42> »
I believe that new staples of the Archtypes in the core book is a starting point.  Maybe even racial sterotypical archtypes.  Troll-tank, Elf-Mage, Human-Hacker, Dwarf Rigger, Ork-Merc

I think the larger issue is how much support do you all think that we can generate for IWM to really start exploring the line?
Asgard Games (Houston, Tx) Shadowrun Demo Agent
www.asgardgames.net