NEWS

What minis do you use for Shadowrun?

• 52 Replies

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #15 on: <10-01-10/2107:26> »
I mostly just have old space, pirate, city, and old-school castle guys.  I figure that as long as everyone knows what represents who it's all good.

Devil

• Omae
« Reply #16 on: <10-01-10/2114:01> »
Miniatures are great, but more often I use dice, like D4s. Or I simply draw everything out. Ends up looking like a football play, but it works well.

I rely on my friends' mini collections if and when I use them.

To me, using minis also has negative aspects, so that's why I don't really have them. Not to mention it's hard for me to find minis I like.

I've got a buddy that's got original Shadowrun minis. Thought that was kinda cool.

As far as legos go, I bet they  would work pretty damn good. When I was younger me and my friend made a lego rpg system to allow us to battle with our legos. lol.
« Last Edit: <10-01-10/2115:37> by Joker »

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #17 on: <10-01-10/2125:24> »
I've got a buddy that's got original Shadowrun minis. Thought that was kinda cool.
That reminds me, I should take some pictures of my Shadowrun minis that I painted up when I was a young(er) wastrel. I really liked my female elf sammie and Maria Mercurial minis.

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #18 on: <10-01-10/2133:40> »
My friend has a big box of assorted minis and figurines and such, last game I was a Stegosauras :D
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

street.mage

• Newb
« Reply #19 on: <10-01-10/2231:16> »
My friend has a big box of assorted minis and figurines and such, last game I was a Stegosauras :D

LOL.  Our group doesn't use them either.

Chaotic Insane

• Omae
« Reply #20 on: <10-01-10/2238:05> »
I have minis for characters I don't even play and probably never will. XD I hoard them and paint them just for fun as it is.

I also anticipate one of the boys bringing a warhammer army of theirs ONE of these days. The general consensus has been against our battletech ones, unfortunately. I like my mechs. XD
"People say I hate the living. It's not true. I just happen to see the potential inside all people; those great things anyone can do if they aren't trapped in their own consciousness and morals. And when I unlock that potential, death is the side-effect. I can't help that." - Dr. McMourning

Devil

• Omae
« Reply #21 on: <10-02-10/0808:35> »
Battletech always looked so fun. I'll have to check it out one of these days. I used to watch the cartoon when I was a kid.

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #22 on: <10-02-10/0924:20> »
Battletech always looked so fun. I'll have to check it out one of these days. I used to watch the cartoon when I was a kid.

Okay, now I feel like an old man.

I was, um, well out of college wwhen that cartoon came out.

-np
« Last Edit: <10-02-10/0927:59> by KarmaInferno »

Chaotic Insane

• Omae
« Reply #23 on: <10-02-10/0925:45> »
I think I've seen the cartoon, too... >_>;;
"People say I hate the living. It's not true. I just happen to see the potential inside all people; those great things anyone can do if they aren't trapped in their own consciousness and morals. And when I unlock that potential, death is the side-effect. I can't help that." - Dr. McMourning

MJBurrage

• Newb
  • Running shadows since 2050
« Reply #24 on: <10-02-10/1252:25> »
For those using—or thinking about—Legos, there are at least a couple options:
P.S. Legos can also be used for props, see BrickGun
« Last Edit: <10-02-10/1314:08> by MJBurrage »

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #25 on: <10-02-10/1520:41> »
I have never seen the BattleTech cartoon.  I assume it was terrible, but I may be wrong.  Unlikely as it may be.

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #26 on: <10-02-10/1536:03> »
It was...interesting.  They oversimplified the story quite a bit, but for the time it had pretty decent animation and solid integration of (then) cutting-edge computer visuals.  Put plainly, it was about what you're probably picturing when someone says "Battletech Saturday morning cartoon."

On a related note, my favorite thing about it was that it was eventually integrated into official Battletech canon, listed as a propaganda cartoon put out to show how valiantly the Inner Sphere fought back against the Clan threat, etc, etc.  Brilliant!   ;D

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #27 on: <10-02-10/1552:55> »
 :D  Nice.

Devil

• Omae
« Reply #28 on: <10-02-10/1610:40> »
For those using—or thinking about—Legos, there are at least a couple options:
P.S. Legos can also be used for props, see BrickGun

Ever seen the lethal lego crossbow?
http://www.instructables.com/id/The-C33-Lethal-Armor-Piercing-Lego-Crossbow/

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #29 on: <10-02-10/1615:20> »
I have never seen the BattleTech cartoon.  I assume it was terrible, but I may be wrong.  Unlikely as it may be.
Pick up the 1st Somerset Strikers sourcebook. It details all the characters and stories of the entire series. The show was interesting that it was cartoon, then CGI for the BattleMech sequences, then cartoon.