NEWS

How are books for Shadowrun created?

• 72 Replies

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #60 on: <05-05-12/1802:49> »
I'm curious about different ways to advertise for pdf lines. I noticed the Missions lines were advertised in some of the more recent books, has that made any kind of impact on sales for them? Besides that all I can think of is some kind of advertising booklet that comes with purchased "real" books. I'm not sure about how much that would bring in vs. how much they would cost to produce.

I love the pdf line and there have been some quality books that came from them and I would love them to get more exposure.
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #61 on: <05-05-12/2004:35> »
I try to give as much exposure to Safehouses as possible for some strange reason.  ;D

Can anyone else figure out why?  ;D
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #62 on: <05-05-12/2133:17> »
You have lesbian elf bikers chasing you?

Amusing behind the scenes for this post my spell checker kept changing chasing to chastising, which is extremely amusing. to me at least.
la vida no vale nada

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #63 on: <05-05-12/2332:35> »
Lesbian Elf Bikers on Female Ninja Motorcycles?  No, that's Burn.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #64 on: <05-05-12/2359:30> »
I'm (drunkenly) trying to hype that too.
la vida no vale nada

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #65 on: <05-06-12/2353:36> »
For characters, there's a lot of "Hey guys, I was wondering if I could do X to Y... anyone have plans counter to this?" that floats around. We chat, talk about major arcs, but minor things usually don't matter in the grand scheme of things (You said 2XL has a puppy? But I said he had a cat! You BASTARD!) other than keeping things internally consistant. MAJOR things, like, "Hey, I want to kill off this person. Is that cool?" get vetted and need to go to a higher authority.

I'll take myself as an example. I needed to write up some things about some PersonaFix softs, which also included ActiveSofts for a kind of complete body makeover. You didn't just get a new persona, but you got the skillls you needed to live that persona's life. Casting a glance over the Jackpointers, I didn't see one that was known for having skillsofts as a Thing and there were a few (Turbo Bunny) who'd had issues with BTLs and would be wary about giving that level of control away. So, I invented a new person, Marionette, who was a heavy Activesoft user to step in on a trial basis, just so I could have a mouthpiece for that section. In so doing, I gave her to the community at large, so now anyone else can write about her, or ignore her, as they see fit. I don't have any long term plans with her, but someone else might go, "Oh wow, a 'runner from the Phillipines? Jackpoint didn't have one and I needed one for a story about Masaru. Perfect!" ... and if that's the case, they'd probably drop me a line since I invented her, I'd give my blessing (which isn't at all needed!), and away they'd go.

It turns out that we *did* have a Skillsoft user in Hard Exit, but I'd missed it. Had I asked instead of doing softer levels of research, I would have been able to use her instead. D'oh. Hopefully, my booboo will wind up useful for other people.

If I had a more important storyline (Plan 9 is pregnant with Snopes' baby!), well, THAT, I would have made sure went through all the right channels. :)

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #66 on: <05-07-12/0049:43> »
Plan 9 is pregnant with Snopes' baby!

I hope you know that is now canon.  :D
la vida no vale nada

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #67 on: <05-07-12/0058:27> »
It being Plan 9, however, how do we know it's really Snopes baby, or if it was an alien impregnation?  Or the attempt at cloning Hatchetman by FastJack and using Plan 9 as a Surrogate Mother?  Or that he actually has a dragon's egg growing that's from Dunkie's frozen...

I have to go shower now.  I may be gone for a few hours.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #68 on: <05-07-12/0109:31> »
See? This is why I love Plan 9. :D

rasmusnicolaj

• Omae
  • Не бойся смерти
« Reply #69 on: <05-07-12/0236:14> »
I try to give as much exposure to Safehouses as possible for some strange reason.  ;D

Can anyone else figure out why?  ;D

Not really. Haven't we all bought it already?

Rasmus
Deplore killings made in the name of religion. Can't it just be for fun?

Mara

• Ace Runner
« Reply #70 on: <05-07-12/0418:10> »
Wait....I thought Plan 9 was a male?

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Fixing the fixless since 2016
« Reply #71 on: <05-07-12/0928:59> »
Sometimes....
Former Shadowrun Errata Coordinator

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #72 on: <05-07-12/1107:58> »
Plan 9 is, in addition to a Conspiracy Nut, a Transhumanist (And thus an expert on bioware and cybernetics, as (s)he's likely to have had it at one time.).  Physical Sexual Characteristics for some Transhumanists is just a case of, "What time of the year is it?"

#ThisTaserGoesTo11