NEWS

Nadja Daviar

• 38 Replies

Thriller

• Newb
« on: <04-23-12/0427:41> »
Hi folks,

It's been bugging me for years as ti what happened to Nadja over the past nine years; and after first discovering this form and then reading the discussion about Nadja, I believe I have a simple in non-canon explanation: Nadja learned what happen to to the President (executed by Colloton's orders) and decided to hide until Colloton was no longer in control...however long that took. It's a simple clear cut explanation, and one that only someone with Nadja's resources might pull off.

And on a related note, if I remember correctly, wasn't if either implied or stated in Buring Brigh that Colloton was infected with a mantis spirit. Unfortunately that volume has disappeared, but I seem to recall that Colloton and someone else were discussing what to do next over the body of a dead FBI agent.

IF I have remembered incorrectly my apologies to Tom Dowd.

Thriller

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <04-23-12/0824:02> »
Colloton isn't in Burning Bright. I think you're thinking of Anne Penchyk, who was linked to the mantids in the Desolation Angels. She became the Republican presidential nominee after her running mate, presidential nominee Gen. Franklin Yeats, was killed by said mantids for being one of the Secret Hive's good merge wasp spirits during the events of Dead Run in Shadows of the Underworld.

:D

Anyway, if Daviar knew of that then she should have been able to simply order Colloton to be arrested since Haeffner's death made Daviar the President of the UCAS and Commander in Chief. Just saying.  ::)

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <04-23-12/1055:35> »
Yeah, Daviar's vanishing bugs me due to that. The post-assassination president just up and *vanishes*? Gadzooks!

Mind you, there was a lot of chaos and turmoil there, so somebody had to have gone "SCrew it, grab whomever's in line after that that we CAN find and call it a day. Stuff is blowing up all over!"

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <04-23-12/1927:08> »
/Dons his yellow shooting glasses and vest as he eyes Wak.

CitizenJoe

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <04-23-12/1951:31> »
Like so?

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #5 on: <04-23-12/1956:35> »
Steve Bushemi didn't get away in that movie. "I am the walrus" "Shut up Donnie!"
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

Black

• Ace Runner
  • Rocking the Shadows since 1990
« Reply #6 on: <04-23-12/2024:55> »
How come the public, after it all calmed down, never went... "So Nadja, our vice-president and technically president... what happened to her?"  or is she the Hoffer of the 2060s?  Its weird that she vanished, no body or anything, and there was limited investigation or public outcry for her?  If such a high profile public figure can go missing without much of a ripple, what hope does joe public really have! (ok, slightly melodramic...)

I assume (hope perhaps the better word) that we find the truth (with a suitable number of additional questions) in one of the up coming releases...

PS: Who thinks Nadja is a Drake or even a Dragon?

PSS: there is no way Damien Knight does not know what happened.  She and him have history and Damien is not the type to go 'so X has vanished?  Oh well...'.  He would have had people looking for the truth... unless his the reason she went missing... and then the cover-up becomes slightly more pausable... 
Perception molds reality
Change perception and reality will follow
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4+hb+++B?UB+IE+W+sa+m-gmM--P

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #7 on: <04-23-12/2034:57> »
Like so?
I don't have the snazzy flattop, but yes.

Jesus Christ. I look like Walter Sobchak with better hair. :(

How come the public, after it all calmed down, never went... "So Nadja, our vice-president and technically president... what happened to her?"
Because the Shadowrun world is written by people, and those people did not write much about her until last year.

PS: Who thinks Nadja is a Drake or even a Dragon?
/shrugs

There are already eleven possibilities Plan 9 lists in Conspiracy Theories. Her being the real Nadja? Not one of them. Neither were those two. That probably doesn't mean anything other than Plan 9 has put a great deal of thought into how you can return from the dead in Shadowrun.

PSS: there is no way Damien Knight does not know what happened.  She and him have history and Damien is not the type to go 'so X has vanished?  Oh well...'.  He would have had people looking for the truth... unless his the reason she went missing... and then the cover-up becomes slightly more pausable... 
Maybe
« Last Edit: <04-23-12/2037:16> by James Meiers »

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #8 on: <04-23-12/2056:13> »
There are at least fifteen possibilities in my mind about what's going on with her, none of which can be proven as all the data has been redacted, the witnesses disappeared, or it happened in a place where there could be no evidence.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #9 on: <04-23-12/2104:15> »
VPs in SPAAAACE! Maybe? In that orbital resort...
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #10 on: <04-23-12/2250:38> »

You know, I've never seen that movie. I don't understand the whole "The dude abides" thing at all.

It's something about bowling?

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #11 on: <04-23-12/2358:47> »
It's something about being a lazy ass, drinking white russians, and just going with life as it comes.

It's having the chutzpah to say, "I think I saw it, let me look again." to the guy that just tried to drown you while demanding to know where the money is.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #12 on: <04-24-12/0030:37> »

You know, I've never seen that movie. I don't understand the whole "The dude abides" thing at all.

It's something about bowling?
The Dude is an unreformed hippie, AKA a worthless, lazy bum. If he could be bothered, it's probably based on some nonsense half-assedly appropriated from Zen Buddhism and passive ... Ugh. Hippies suck.

More importantly, Walter is based on John Milius, who wrote Red Dawn (Oh, and Apocalypse Now. He also directed Conan the Barbarian. But seriously, consider the mind of the man who wrote Red Dawn).

http://filmdrunk.uproxx.com/2010/10/john-milius-explains-apocalypse-now-his-hatred-of-hippies
http://filmdrunk.uproxx.com/2011/09/video-arnold-schwarzenegger-john-milius-on-conan

I assumed that you had seen in since everyone else I know has (like it or not) and it was a way of me getting away with yelling at you like Walter yells at Steve Buscemi's character without actually saying, "You're out of your element!" because she's one of my pet characters. Because that response is what rational people do when someone tries to help answer a sincere question.  ::)
« Last Edit: <04-24-12/0145:00> by James Meiers »

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #13 on: <04-24-12/0102:34> »
Not all Hippies are worthless lazy bums.  But the point is made.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #14 on: <04-24-12/0128:06> »
Had to roll that one around in my head a sec, but, I get it (I think).

I knew that you were the go-to for all things Daviar. :)

I haven't sat down today to work on the next chapter of my thing yet... that midnight to 3 AM zone tends to be the best for churning butter. I might wind up needing to tap your head for something military-ish.