NEWS

Hero Lab question -

• 5 Replies

Digital_Viking

• Omae
« on: <04-17-12/1055:28> »
Messing around with Hero Lab and the tasty additions - but when I add Way Of The Warrior I don't see a way to specify what abilities I want the discount to apply to. Anyone run into this, or possibly have a solution?
"Which is better and which is worse,I wonder - To understand or to not understand?"
"Understanding is always worse. To not understand is to never carry the burden of responsibility. Understanding is pain. But anything less is unacceptable."

Mathias

• Chummer
« Reply #1 on: <04-17-12/1133:04> »
There's currently a bug with improved abilities, but other than that, it should be figuring out what are the X most expensive powers from among the list it's allowed to discount, and applying the discount to those powers.  I figured that would be easier than making users manually select the X powers that are most expensive.

Digital_Viking

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <04-17-12/1205:52> »
There's currently a bug with improved abilities, but other than that, it should be figuring out what are the X most expensive powers from among the list it's allowed to discount, and applying the discount to those powers.  I figured that would be easier than making users manually select the X powers that are most expensive.

Only problem is it's selecting Unarmed Combat instead of Automatics, but I think if I select the power before selecting Unarmed Combat as a skill.
"Which is better and which is worse,I wonder - To understand or to not understand?"
"Understanding is always worse. To not understand is to never carry the burden of responsibility. Understanding is pain. But anything less is unacceptable."

Mathias

• Chummer
« Reply #3 on: <04-17-12/1234:10> »
I apologize, but could you rephase your last post, please?  I'm afraid I don't understand what you're trying to say.

Digital_Viking

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <04-17-12/1240:54> »
Sorry, got caught up in something and hit post too early.

Way Of The Warrior seems to be discounting Improved Reflexes 2 but not Improved Ability Automatics, it looks like its discounting Improved Ability Unarmed Combat instead, although I dont have that power selected. I believe if I purchase Way Of The Warrior before purchasing the Unarmed Combat skill it might properly discount Improved Ability Automatics.

Mathias

• Chummer
« Reply #5 on: <04-17-12/1331:02> »
How can you tell it's improving one of those as opposed to the other?

As I said earlier, there's a bug  in how it's handling Improved ability - it's not discounting any of the improved ability selections, although it is correctly decreasing the number of discounts it still has left to apply when it finds that an improved ability is the next most expensive power.
« Last Edit: <04-17-12/1332:56> by Mathias »