NEWS

Look to play or GM in Plano, TX

• 7 Replies

syntaxrigger

• Newb
« on: <04-11-12/1255:12> »
I am new to the forums and to Plano. With the new Shadowrun Kickstarter it has really got me in the mood to step up my search for other people interested in Shadowrun in my area.

Willing to drive to about Arlington but that is it.

If you want to play or can point me in the right direction to a group already playing close to me, let me hear it!

Throkda

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <04-11-12/2313:17> »
Actually, it was the Kickstarter that got me thinking about Shadowrun again too!  I haven't played since 2nd edition, sometime around the Dunkelzhan campaign, but I'd love to read up on the current edition and play again.  My wife's never played Shadowrun, but she has gamed in other systems, and would be interested in learning a new one.  We've got plenty of room and tablespace to host here in Grand Prairie (on the Joe Pool Lake peninsula), so I don't know if that's out of your range, but we're also willing to make the trip out if there's a game we can play, since we've been itching to get back into gaming for a while.

syntaxrigger

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <04-12-12/0808:11> »
That is excellent!  I am talking to another guy in plano and we were hoping to find enough people to play shadowrun. With you and your wife I think we would have enough or be close to it, the only problem is we both have kids so I don't know how viable an hour drive once a week is. Like you I am itching to play so I will do my best to make it work =)

I'll keep you posted with any developments

Actually, it was the Kickstarter that got me thinking about Shadowrun again too!  I haven't played since 2nd edition, sometime around the Dunkelzhan campaign, but I'd love to read up on the current edition and play again.  My wife's never played Shadowrun, but she has gamed in other systems, and would be interested in learning a new one.  We've got plenty of room and tablespace to host here in Grand Prairie (on the Joe Pool Lake peninsula), so I don't know if that's out of your range, but we're also willing to make the trip out if there's a game we can play, since we've been itching to get back into gaming for a while.

Throkda

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <04-12-12/2049:46> »
Works for me...we don't mind kids too much if they're old enough to entertain themselves (I have Netflix, a nice backyard a nearby park, tons of board games, and a pool table...oh, and two energetic dogs)....Like I said, though, if that's not practical for you, we're okay with driving out somewhere, and it's less of an issue to leave the dogs at home than for someone to find a sitter or something for the kids ;)

Guess I should start reading up to refresh my memory, huh?  Fortunately, I at least have the PDF version of the 4E Corebook...

syntaxrigger

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <04-17-12/0958:12> »
Thanks for the interest. I am working with a GM and we are still trying to piece together how everything will work out. We may or may not have a full group already. I will keep you posted when I know more.

Works for me...we don't mind kids too much if they're old enough to entertain themselves (I have Netflix, a nice backyard a nearby park, tons of board games, and a pool table...oh, and two energetic dogs)....Like I said, though, if that's not practical for you, we're okay with driving out somewhere, and it's less of an issue to leave the dogs at home than for someone to find a sitter or something for the kids ;)

Guess I should start reading up to refresh my memory, huh?  Fortunately, I at least have the PDF version of the 4E Corebook...

Throkda

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <04-17-12/2200:15> »
Looking forward to it...I hit a Half-Price Books to find a physical copy of the core book, and ended up grabbing a 3E (which looks more like the creation & dice system I'm familiar with). I plan to mess around with both and create a few characters to get a feel for them, so I should be all set for either one when it comes time to play :)

Fallen_Raven

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <04-30-12/1741:01> »
I'm looking for a group if you're still looking for players. I'm new to the game, but I'd be willing to give it a shot.

shinobix5

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: <06-07-12/1421:53> »
Hello I am looking to join a game if there is room. Please email me at shinobix5@hotmail.com